TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tuner Southern California

I am looking for some advice on a good tuner in Southern California. I spoke with JBA racing in San Diego and 281 Motorsports in Fullerton. Both seem like they would be very good but I do not know anyone who has experience with either one. There are a lot of threads I've read here about different tuners all over the country but I need someone in my area. I have a 2007 Shelby 4.6 with auto, want to get a KB S/C, headers and a tune but want a reference for someone who is excellent! Too much money to have some clueless monkey mess with my ride.

Any recomendations out there? Anyone know about JBA or 281? Other thoughts appreciated. Thanks!

Cal66,

Where are you located? If you are in the San Diego area, JBA is certainly a viable choice. GTR is a great choice if you are in Riverside, myself for OC and i would have to say Chicane if you are in the upper LA area. I have worked with these companies over the years and feel confident that you would end up with a satisfactory outcome.

Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...
How does it work going to a tuner shop if you already have a Brenspeed tune? Do they reprogram your SCT tuner? Is it much better?

Each shop will have it's own policy on this, but (generally speaking) if you own an up-to-date hand held programmer, such as an SCT or Diablosport, you should be fine. Your new tune can be stored on the device without disturbing the master program. The last SCT device I owned stored three tunes as well as my master programming. I had tunes for the daily driving, high performance street, and high performance (106 octane) full race only. If you kept the Brenspeed tune in one, you should have room for two others.

Hope this helps...

Are shop tunes that much better than brenspeed?

Each shop will have it's own policy on this, but (generally speaking) if you own an up-to-date hand held programmer, such as an SCT or Diablosport, you should be fine. Your new tune can be stored on the device without disturbing the master program. The last SCT device I owned stored three tunes as well as my master programming. I had tunes for the daily driving, high performance street, and high performance (106 octane) full race only. If you kept the Brenspeed tune in one, you should have room for two others.

Hope this helps...

There is another in Santee. They just opened but have nothing but great feedback. It is dynomite tuning. They have DPR's dyno on their site. DPR went out of business.

Here is their website: DYNOMITE TUNING

Gib

You said it was located in Santee but the Dynomite Tuning website says they are located in Miramar. Is the Miramar location where the DPR dyno went?

Archived