TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Where in the world is my Car?

68KR07Shelby

Need some help. My car was build August 14 (week) and has apparently been sitting at the plant since then for some "quality check". This is according to my dealer. Ford customer service is useless; all they say is the car is released from the plant and that is all they know. java script:emoticon(':rant:',%20'smid_14') Anyone else having a problem getting their car out of the plant? Is this quality check random and I just got unlucky or is it typical? Guys, give me some data; how long between plant release and delivery? Oh by the way, I live in Michigan so no rail car problem to deal with. Thanks.java script:emoticon(':sos:',%20'smid_19')

My car was built on August 4th, scheduled for delivery August 17th, and I have yet to see my car! My dealer told me that my car is on hold at the plant for a "Quality Check". Its status according to Ford Customer Service is "Released From Foreign Plant". I also live in Michigan, and my dealer is about 180 miles from Dearborn. How long does a Quality Check take? :rant:

Does anybody else on this site have a car that is built that just won't ARRIVE? :sos:

Need some help. My car was build August 14 (week) and has apparently been sitting at the plant since then for some "quality check". This is according to my dealer. Ford customer service is useless; all they say is the car is released from the plant and that is all they know. java script:emoticon(':rant:',%20'smid_14') Anyone else having a problem getting their car out of the plant? Is this quality check random and I just got unlucky or is it typical? Guys, give me some data; how long between plant release and delivery? Oh by the way, I live in Michigan so no rail car problem to deal with. Thanks.java script:emoticon(':sos:',%20'smid_19')

68KR07Shelby:

You are not alone! My actual build date was August 16. It is also "released from plant". My estimated delivery date was August 27 and still no Shelby. Dealer is "in the dark" or so they say. I believe there is some truth about the Shelby stop build status. I have seen no new arrivals on the thread for about two weeks now. There is definitely something going on with our cars. Details are skechty at best. Hang in there. I am confident they will get it right whatever it is (clutch assembly or whatever). I am trying not to think about it too much.

I have both cars.

Do not call the Police.

Wire $25k to my offshore account #222zz-22555-0 by 0500 GMT Friday.

You'll be given instructions on where to find your cars.

Ruf - out.

dude, you are not right in the head. we are shelbyless and we need some therapy!

I have both cars.

Do not call the Police.

Ruf - out.

:hysterical2: Ruf, you seem to be quite good at this extortion thing. I've got an easy one for you. I'll give you $100 if you can get my car off material hold. :hysterical:

The dealer said that my car would be ready on 09 July. It arrived on 11 August. I called the main headquarters in Michigan for help, the dealer was clueless. The only thing the dealer would say is maybe tomorrow will be your lucky day. Customer service said that after the quality control check at the plant the car was sent to another location for re-striping. After the re-striping and they said that it shipped it only took three days to go from michigan to North Carolina. When the car arrived it was missing the drivers side cobra, leaving just the slightly wrinkled double sided tape. Probably was a souvenir for some one. At least the paint was not scratched. The SVT department overnighted a new set of right and left cobras. Peeled the tape off, alighmed the two plastic guides through the holes in the fender and stuck it right on. Don't worry the car will be worth the wait! :doh:

thanks for the support; I need it. Heck I l ive in Detroit; I will go to the plant and pick it up myself!! It is only 25 miles from my house. I guess we just have to be patient. The frustrating part is how no one seems to know where the car is or will give any details on the "quality hold". Jolly Roger, I feel your pain.

My car was built on August 4th, scheduled for delivery August 17th, and I have yet to see my car! My dealer told me that my car is on hold at the plant for a "Quality Check". Its status according to Ford Customer Service is "Released From Foreign Plant". I also live in Michigan, and my dealer is about 180 miles from Dearborn. How long does a Quality Check take? :rant:

Does anybody else on this site have a car that is built that just won't ARRIVE? :sos:

Hi Jolly Roger,

My car was built on August 4th with ETA's being august 16,then august 23 then september 8th.

Despite all my calls to customer sevice...mostly got ETA's and released from plant...and thats it....Today

they told me "released from plant "and " at the ramp"......what ramp ,whose ramp.....and no shipping info...that was this morning around 10 am...august 30

guess who just showed up at the door (dealers ) at 400pm today.......

you guessed it....even missed its coming off the ramp party.....

picking it up tommorrow

yours will be soon....just goes to show you sometimes they just appear

paul

Hi Jolly Roger,

My car was built on August 4th with ETA's being august 16,then august 23 then september 8th.

Despite all my calls to customer sevice...mostly got ETA's and released from plant...and thats it....Today

they told me "released from plant "and " at the ramp"......what ramp ,whose ramp.....and no shipping info...that was this morning around 10 am...august 30

guess who just showed up at the door (dealers ) at 400pm today.......

you guessed it....even missed its coming off the ramp party.....

picking it up tommorrow

yours will be soon....just goes to show you sometimes they just appear

paul

That's the best thing I've heard all day! Thanks so much.

You know what guys this is Bullsh*t. I am so frustrated trying to find my car.I call customer service all they say is released from plant. I have an ETA of August 24th. I tell them we have already passed that all they do is tell me its on its way.

Well as some of you might know I unloaded Fords off the train 21 years ago at T&S services here in Atlanta. So with all of my frustration I finally walked in there today and asked them if they could find my car.

I gave them the VIN and they put it into there system and then he told me that the car has still not even been loaded yet. He told me that as soon as the car is loaded onto the train the VIN# will find the car no matter where it is.

So I contacted my dealer today and told him I need him to contact the regional Ford rep. To try and get him involved in looking for my car.

You know its like the car was released and then it dissappeared. It was released 2 weeks ago.

FORD HEAR OUR CRIES. We cannot and should not have to put up with this kind of service when we all paid your price! . I know a lot of us even paid a whole hell of a lot more than the price you asked.

THE LEAST YOU COULD DO IS KEEP US INFORMED!!!!!!!!!

you know rpretzel, I just get pissed off knowing that I paid there price and then they treat me like sh*t!

I Bought 3 f-550s from them last year and Ford Has Screwed me many times over on them. It's like every time I bend over they get a little more of my ass! I am so sick of the way the company is being run now a day's.

Guys I bleed Ford blue but this is Bullsh*t.

You know what Ford? If you need to take a DUMP buy a toliet.

DON"T USE ME! That stuff is too hard to clean off!

My car was built August 8. Delivery was scheduled for August 21. I can't get a straight answer from anyone. I was told today by someone with a relative at Ford that there is a hold due to a trans concern. I can't verify the info, but last week someone posted that there was a clutch poroblem holding up production. Now I'm beginning to think there must be some truth to the rumors! :shrug:

Okay - enough is enough.

My team and I are headed out tonight in the Excursion and Car Carrier to some screwy Ford dealer in Jersey trying to pawn off a Mustang GT as a Shelby 500KR.

When we finish that op - we'll haul ass over to Atlantic City and load up some hookers for you boys.

That might ease the tension a bit.

We'll be on channel 22 at 0600. :shift:

Okay - enough is enough.

My team and I are headed out tonight in the Excursion and Car Carrier to some screwy Ford dealer in Jersey trying to pawn off a Mustang GT as a Shelby 500KR.

When we finish that op - we'll haul ass over to Atlantic City and load up some hookers for you boys.

That might ease the tension a bit.

We'll be on channel 22 at 0600. :shift:

Breaker Breaker Channel 22, come back on that hooker thing. That was hookers say again good buddy. ssssssssss ssssssssss

Its all about EXPECTATIONS!

+1. I knew when I ordered mine that it may take many months...so I can count on one hand the number of times I've complained about the wait. If I don't have it by February I might start worrying...but anything sooner than that would meet my EXPECTATIONS. After all, the dealer did not promise me a date. I can't speak for the customer service line as to whether that's intended to be for end customers like us.

Hang in there...last estimate I saw was about 2,000 GT500s had been built...so they are not even through a quarter of the production yet.

Dave

Thanks again for all the support. I know patience is a virtue but winter comes soon up here in Michigan. I have BIG plans for many trips this fall with the new Shelby. I just can't wait!! Ford would do better if they had an on line check system for cars with a VIN. I agree the customer service line is not the best but part of that could be because it is not for us.

68KR and others waiting on cars.

I was as much or more frustrated with trying to find info on my car.

Its all about EXPECTATIONS!

The dealers have done this a ga-zillion times so they should be able to let the customer know a few basics.

Be very fortunate if your car even has a VIN number. Expect a minimum of 30days from date of VIN to actual car build. Once car is built expect at least a few days for release from plant.

Once car is released from plant the burden is then shifted over to the shipper. Please give FORD a break once it is released as they have no control. My car was the same thing lost in action for 2wks once released & I was not enjoying it much at all. Two weeks after the car was loaded it again disappeared for another week being transfered from one train to another. From that point it took 1 week to get to its next destination. Once there it took another week for it to be taken a few miles away for delivery.

So you need to give it around 1 month from build until you receive the car unless you are very near the AAI plant.

Good news My Convertible was just built. After knowing how long the first car took I am going to try to be a little more patient on its delivery time. I am hoping for End of September if sooner Great. If not thats how long it takes.

Hope this will ease the pain a bit as have already gone through it

PM for more details

GT500RagTop,

I appreciate your comments, but you obviously didn't read my posts in this thread:

1. My car was built on August 4th and scheduled for delivery on August 17. I didn't mention it in THIS post, but it was first "Released from Plant" on August 10th.

2. My car has NOT been shipped. It may have a status of "Released", but it hasn't left Ford's hands. This is not a carrier problem. It is sitting in the Ford factory parking lot on hold because of some "Quality Check" - as are "most" Shelby's right now - according to my dealer. I'm sure yours came more quickly, but my point was that I suspect there is a quality problem with the car that is now holding them up (as has been suggested by many on this site). I'm wondering if anyone can share anything other than speculation on this point.

3. I live 3 hours from the plant - they don't ship them here on trains.

4. As for EXPECTATIONS, I EXPECT that if I order a $6 paperback from Amazon.com that I will be able to track it at each UPS or FedEx stop it makes on its way to my front porch. If I buy a $45K car and pay a $10K markup, I EXPECT that someone can give me some information other than, "It will get here when it gets here. Deal with it." That is essentially what I am hearing from Ford and from my dealer. That attitude is complete bullshit, and it is no wonder Ford is fighting for its corporate life.

Ford's customer service is terrible. Don't get me wrong: the people there I have talked to have been very nice, but the Ford information system is so screwed up that they don't provide their customer service reps with the information their customers require. In this day and age, how can they not have a better, more customer friendy vehicle tracking system? Further, if the cars are really on hold, why doesn't Ford give any information to the dealer?

Ruf: Fire up the Excursion, but please drain the hot tub, fill it with ice, and load it up with some Sam Adams....ok, a LOT of Sam Adams. :sos:

:rant: :wacko: Well another sleepless night without my Shelby sitting in Garage.I plan on going to my dealer this morning around 10:00 am and I am going to set up a tent in front of the dealership and Tell them I am not leaving until they find my car.

I am sick and tired of getting the run around on this. I paid there price and the least they could do is tell me the truth. You know all of these problem come from them. They told me my car would be here by now if they had told me December I would not have these Sleepless nights. But when both Ford and the Ford Dealership agreed that the car would be here on the 24th thats when I started expecting it.

You know a man and a company is only as good as there word. When you stop keeping your word you start loosing customers and freinds. :rant: :wacko: :shrug:

I WANT MY DAMN SHELBY!

I have both cars.

Do not call the Police.

Ruf - out.

Ok you take the first 25K and I'll take the other 22-25K can't deliver the Shelby's for less than MSRP

T :shrug:

It's cool Rufdraft. We are all in this together. Patience is a virtue!

Just not one of mine, today is supposed to be the magic day according to my dealer... Ford CS still says delivery is between 31Aug and 7Sept, we will see...

T :wacko:

I have been complaining about communication between Ford and Dealers regarding production issues for years. These delays you are seeing are noting new. It happens all the time especially with a new model. The 1st two Shelby's I sold both went out for the stripes after production and immediately showed released from plant. It was almost a month before I finally got a rail car for either evne though the whole time our status report showed released from plant. I went up the food chain on my end at Ford as high as I could and all i couls find out is that the cars were on quality hold and would be released aafter they were checked. No reason was given, period.

I know it's B.S. I wish I could give you better info but we are in the dark just like you. My gut feeling is that the Shelby is so important to Ford as a Halo car that each car is inspected top to bottom before it is shipped [even more thououghly than normal]. Both cars we received did not have any issues other than the fact that they literally were sucking fumes [1 had less than 3 miles to empty and the other sais 1 mile to empty].

Luckily the station with 93 octane is at the end of our frontage road.

I echo what the pirate says; we deserve better service. As I said in the first post on this thread, the frustrating part is the attitude as well as the results. My dealer just doesn't seem to care. How many dealers can afford to blow off people paying 10K over sticker for a car? Even if he doesn't know the exact answer, would it be too difficult to give a weekly update instead of the customer having to beat the door down to get an "I don't know but be patient" response? At the end of the day, people who spend significant amounts of money on anything (in this case 45K for a car) want to at least THINK that the person gettting their money (i.e. Ford and the dealer) CARES about them and is trying his/her best to give information. All this could go away with a simple statement from Ford that there is an issue with BLANK that we are checking into to which will delay shipment until further notice. :rant: Instead, customer service gives you the same obvious line of BS that the car is released and scheduled for delivery to your dealer between August 21 and 28 (my car). If they just gave realistic delivery dates it would allay a lot of stress. RUF: make mine Sierra Nevada; I like my beer hoppy.

Archived