TEAM SHELBY FORUM

White Face Gauge Overlay

I just ordered a white face guage overlay from Mustangs Unlimited. Has anybody done this to their car? What is the install procedure? I am not sure how to take the instrument bezel apart to get at the gauges. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Doug

I hope you can post some pics of this work and the final result. I'm curious to see how this looks, esp. if you have a Performance White (the fastest) Shelby GT.

Rossvt, thanks for the illustration. Once the bezel comes off, it looks pretty simple. Do you know if it just snaps in place, or are there hidden fasteners? Ilmor, I will be glad to let you know how it turns out. I have seen other cars with the white gauges, Roush, Steeda etc. Ilike the look, plus I think it makes the gauges easier to read, especially at a glance. BUT, I am not so sure about the white cars being the fastest. Maybe a close second. Thanks guys, Doug

Rossvt, thanks for the illustration. Once the bezel comes off, it looks pretty simple. Do you know if it just snaps in place, or are there hidden fasteners? Ilmor, I will be glad to let you know how it turns out. I have seen other cars with the white gauges, Roush, Steeda etc. Ilike the look, plus I think it makes the gauges easier to read, especially at a glance. BUT, I am not so sure about the white cars being the fastest. Maybe a close second. Thanks guys, Doug

See note on #2 that should give you an idea. Looks like clips.

I installed the white gauge face overlays on my convertible last year. It was pretty easy, and I didn't have to remove the needles from the gauges. I would suggest you do this at night, because you need it to be dark when you plug the instrument panel in to line up the overlays with the existing gauges.

Make sure you mix up a solution of water, dish soap, and rubbing alcohol. This mixture will allow you to slide the overlays into the correct position. If it's really hot outside, you won't have a lot of time! Be patient and work all of the air bubbles out before you put everything back together.

For less than $25, I thought it was worth it!

BTW, I bought two white Mustangs since they are the fastest. :poke:

I wonder what kind of Instrument Cluster Configuration needs to be saved to the diagnostic tool? Is it just your mycolor settings, and how the mileage and trip display? Surely you don't loose the actual mileage by unplugging the cluster...That would concern me greatly! If you don't have the diagnostic tool, I'm sure it would be simple enough to reset your settings for language, colors, etc. if that is all that it is talking about...

I wonder what kind of Instrument Cluster Configuration needs to be saved to the diagnostic tool? Is it just your mycolor settings, and how the mileage and trip display? Surely you don't loose the actual mileage by unplugging the cluster...That would concern me greatly! If you don't have the diagnostic tool, I'm sure it would be simple enough to reset your settings for language, colors, etc. if that is all that it is talking about...

Maybe that's just for a new cluster(?) I just plugged mine back in, and it worked fine. I would think all of that info is stored in the PCM, not in the cluster.

Archived