TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Question for Super Snake owners

I have a dilema my wife tells me I can Super Snake the GT500 but I need to decide wether to snake it or keep my 1970 Mach 1 with a 351 cleveland and R code rearend. The more tags I find on the Mach 1 tells me it is all original, execpt for the flared wheelwells. What would you do? I need to make this decision right away. Here are a couple of pictures to help with the opinions.

70_Mach_1___GT500_009.jpg

70_Mach_1___GT500_015.jpg

I have a dilema my wife tells me I can Super Snake the GT500 but I need to decide wether to snake it or keep my 1970 Mach 1 with a 351 cleveland and R code rearend. The more tags I find on the Mach 1 tells me it is all original, execpt for the flared wheelwells. What would you do? I need to make this decision right away. Here are a couple of pictures to help with the opinions.

2 is always better than 1 IMO....

and I'm getting SS and I have a '69 Fastback so I know it's a tough call. I'm very happy and lucky to be getting SS'ed and keeping my '69.

Good Luck with your decision..... It's win win for you!

Maybe the question isn't which one would you like to keep, but which one would you rather not lose?

If your situation changes later, and you can replace the one you sold, which will be easier to find? Or even if you change your mind. Say, for example, you sell the GT500, but later decide that that was the keeper. I'll bet you can easily find both a buyer for the Mach 1 and a replacement GT500. But if you do it the other way around, you may not find a buyer for the GT500, because there's more product out there, and a Mach 1 in that condition may be pretty scarce. The SS numbers aren't running out yet, so you have time for seller's remorse if you let the GT500 go.

What's your history with each car? That counts in the long run too...

Me, I'd keep the Mach 1. Let us know what you decide. Good luck!

Well, maybe not. Before I actually SAW the SS's, I'd keep the Mach 1. But now that I've been there, those SS's look and sound even better than I thought. Tough call, but I don't think you can lose either way. (I had seller's remorse just over lunch - yeesh!)

I'd sell the 70 and SuperSnake the Shelby. I love the Supersnake.

I too would like to know the price if you decide to sell the 70. I'd be interested in buying it too if you decided to sell it.

How about get rid of the wife and keep the 70 and SS the GT500? Did you give us that options? :hysterical: , but getting rid of the wife might be more expensive

Im blessed and have both. A 69 Mach 1 and a Super Snake! Older car will be ALOT harder to replace if you ever let it go!

michael morris

Keep them both (or all three) and bide your time.

The Super Snake will come, you just need time to figure out how to make it happen.

Remember,

WHERE THERE IS A WILL, THERE IS A WAY...

PS

If you want to get ride of the Mach 1 let me know.

But it's a tough choice, old brake system old suspension system, old engine tech, old old old but REALLY NICE vs. new new new and newer wilth way more power.

Good luck.

JimC

How about get rid of the wife and keep the 70 and SS the GT500? Did you give us that options? :hysterical: , but getting rid of the wife might be more expensive

Im blessed and have both. A 69 Mach 1 and a Super Snake! Older car will be ALOT harder to replace if you ever let it go!

michael morris

Hmmm... Interesting alternative... Definitely thinking outside the box.

Can you post a pic of the Mach 1?

Get rid of the wife!

Seriously, Keep the Mach 1. They are so hard to come by....I have a 67 fastback and they are really hard to come by these days with everyone wanting to turn the 67's into GT500 clones.....

Good Luck

JW

Hmmm... Interesting alternative... Definitely thinking outside the box.

Can you post a pic of the Mach 1?

I dont have any on my computer. I will take care of that real soon. Its a Royal Maroon with red inside. 18k original miles, orginal paint and 3 of the orginal tires. Real neat car.

michael morris

I would keep the Mach 1. I'm partial to that car because a 351 Cleveland Mach 1 was what my dad drove when I was a kid. On top of that, finding one in good condition is not that easy.

I agree with keeping them both and the wife. I am too attached to the Mach 1 to let it go. I just have to convince her that it is money worth spending on both cars. If it weren't for her all we would have is the Mach 1. She picked out her SGT and the GT500. The GT500 was my birthday gift. Thank you for your input all of you.

I agree with keeping them both and the wife. I am too attached to the Mach 1 to let it go. I just have to convince her that it is money worth spending on both cars. If it weren't for her all we would have is the Mach 1. She picked out her SGT and the GT500. The GT500 was my birthday gift. Thank you for your input all of you.

Another thought: if you can only have the Mach 1, or the SS, why not pass on the SS but still keep the GT500 as is. Along with the wife and Mach 1 of course. It's a bad-a$$ car right out of the box... :jackinbox:

don't sell the Mach, you will always regret it, they will be selling the SS package for quite sometime, your situation may change and you can have your cake and eat it to!!! I have had my Mach since i was 18, it's now heavily modified and more horses than my GT500, when i think of witch one to go to a car show or cruise in i always pick the Mach. Hope this decision doesn't cause to much loss of sleep, it's a tough one. Good luck.

Keep The Mach 1

Keep both cars, we bought a 07 vert grabber orange Gt500 with the condition that I sell my 1971 Mach1 cleveland 351, Hurst 4 speed, Ram air which I purchased in 1970 NEW. Now my car is waiting for the SS conversion and I still have the 1971. My wife also had a 1993 LX 5.0 which she sold a few months ago and she is now very sorry that she sold it, even though it needed some work.

Give it time you will figure out how to keep the 70 and SS your GT500. If you sell the 70 you will NEVER be able to replace it.

nsmustang

The wife and I have talked it out and neither one of us wants to get rid of the Mach 1 so we are going to keep it and do that one up slowly. That way I can take a few months to set the money aside for the SS package.

Thanks for all the input.

The wife and I have talked it out and neither one of us wants to get rid of the Mach 1 so we are going to keep it and do that one up slowly. That way I can take a few months to set the money aside for the SS package.

Thanks for all the input.

I like hat idea. And it's really good that you and your wife arrived at the decision together. Believe me, two cars and the SS investment can be a strain on "understanding" budget, let alone the obvious... Congrats!

Archived