TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Strips for a vert

Have a 2007 GT500 vert, checked with Ford dealer and strips were over a $1,000.00 with out labor. It seems like a lot to me. Has anyone crossed this bridge before? Car is alloy with satin silver strips under door. Thanks

I did have mine stripped with the oem Ford stripes and the guy they used did such a bad job I eventually took them off :( What a waste of $$$$. Now I am really torn between doing it again or leaving it looking sleeper :)

I did have mine stripped with the oem Ford stripes and the guy they used did such a bad job I eventually took them off :( What a waste of $$$$. Now I am really torn between doing it again or leaving it looking sleeper :)

Should have done it yourself Sherry :hysterical:

Seriously though I put mine on and I know a couple of others that did as well. Some people are opting for painted stripes, which will provide the best look IMO.

Here is my thread on factory stripe install

Here is a link to my side stripe stencil project

That should get you started...

I did buy the ford OEM stripes and paid almost $900 (wholesale pricing). I hired what I thought was an experienced installer to put them on and he didnt do a great job (but not horrible either). After I watched him a while and with the couple of mistakes he made, I decided to finish them myself. The sell some Gel like stuff (can't remember the name right now) that allows you to put the stripes on and position them. It dries much slower than water and made the job much, much easier.

All said and done, there were 2-3 minor blemishes / alignment issues that both my wife and my buddies swear that I was the only one that could see them. After all that work and expense, I decided to go for the 40th package and have them tear mine off and put the silver stripes on! I wish I would have decided that earlier and saved myself the $900!!!

But either way, I wouldn't want my vert without stripes on it!

I had the alloy stripes put on my black very . Got wholesale pricing from local bodyshop buddy. Cost me $1600 installed. Nice job although the stripe material has some flaws (factory too). If I do it again I'd go with paint. But I was told it would be expensive because of the clearcoating of most of the car

Just had red stripes put on my black vert. They look pretty good, but there is a definite issue with the hood stripe. The body shop and Ford are discussing if it's an installation issue, or the stripes were mis-cut.

What is the issue exactly? Misalignment around the vents?

Before I got my Vert, I was set in my mind that stripes would be going on it not long after it was home....

One weekend with it changed that, and it will remain Naked and RED

NW2008grasssmall.jpg

frontend.jpg

The lack of stripes with the red really lets the grilles, splitter, and heat extractors do the talking as the contrast.

In the end, do what YOU feel makes the best statement for you & your car.....No one else has to like it but you!

:banvictory::yup::banvictory:

I knew I wanted blue stripes on my white Vert and paid for them at the time of purchase (750.00 if I recall), they arrived 2 weeks after the car and my dealer installed them (like 14 or 16 seperate pieces?). They are flawless. The dealer puts stripes on lots of their plain Mustang GT's and they did a nice job. They told me the stripe kit came from Shelby not Ford.?

I think stripes make the car. Even though I have a coupe, if I got a vert I would get stripes (silver on blue would be awesome!). Just downloaded the new Shelby Perf Parts catalog for Summer (wish my bank account was larger afterwards) it does have a Convertible Stripe Kit for $884.99 for the stock hood - not the SS. Check it out on page 22. Doctor Jay - might be why yours came from Shelby and not Ford.

JUST HAD A BLACK OVER THE TOP STRIPES INSTALLED ON MY GRABBER ORANGE;STRIPE DELETE VERT. I HAD IT DONE LAST WEEK BY A LOCAL GRAPHICS COMPANY IN MICHIGAN CALLED GRAPHIX CONCEPTS IN FARMINGTON MI. THEY USED THEIR OWN 3M STRIPES ; CUT TO GT500 SPECS ; AND THEY DID AN AWESOME JOB ON MY 08 VERT. PRICE WAS ONLY $ 450.00 INSTALLED INCLUDING THE STRIPES ; IT TOOK THEM 4 HOURS. WELL WORTH THE COST AND THE LOOK.

JUST TAKE YOUR TIME TO FIND AN EXPERIENCE INSTALLER. THE 1ST QUESTION I ALWAYS ASK " IS HOW MANY MUSTANGS OR GT500 HAVE YOU DONE BEFORE "; AND 2ND IS YOUR BUSINESS STRICKLY ABOUT DOING GRAPHIC APPLICATIONSON CARS AND HOW MANY YEARS HAS YOU AND OR YOUR INSTALLER BEEN DOING THIS. A LOT OF FORD DEALERS WILL KNOW OR HAVE A CONTACT FOR STRIPING , BUT MAKE SURE YOU ASK THOSE ALL IMPORTANT QUESTIONS MENTIONED ABOVE.

I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU GUYS OUT THERE LOOKING TO STRIPE YOUR VERTS.

SCOTTY

I have the same color combo...Alloy w/ Silver Stripes. I had a friend of mine help with the install, and he has quite a bit of experience with them. I wouldn't have my vert without them...

D2X_8794pb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
JUST HAD A BLACK OVER THE TOP STRIPES INSTALLED ON MY GRABBER ORANGE;STRIPE DELETE VERT. I HAD IT DONE LAST WEEK BY A LOCAL GRAPHICS COMPANY IN MICHIGAN CALLED GRAPHIX CONCEPTS IN FARMINGTON MI. THEY USED THEIR OWN 3M STRIPES ; CUT TO GT500 SPECS ; AND THEY DID AN AWESOME JOB ON MY 08 VERT. PRICE WAS ONLY $ 450.00 INSTALLED INCLUDING THE STRIPES ; IT TOOK THEM 4 HOURS. WELL WORTH THE COST AND THE LOOK.

JUST TAKE YOUR TIME TO FIND AN EXPERIENCE INSTALLER. THE 1ST QUESTION I ALWAYS ASK " IS HOW MANY MUSTANGS OR GT500 HAVE YOU DONE BEFORE "; AND 2ND IS YOUR BUSINESS STRICKLY ABOUT DOING GRAPHIC APPLICATIONSON CARS AND HOW MANY YEARS HAS YOU AND OR YOUR INSTALLER BEEN DOING THIS. A LOT OF FORD DEALERS WILL KNOW OR HAVE A CONTACT FOR STRIPING , BUT MAKE SURE YOU ASK THOSE ALL IMPORTANT QUESTIONS MENTIONED ABOVE.

I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU GUYS OUT THERE LOOKING TO STRIPE YOUR VERTS.

SCOTTY

Hey, great look. But, the name of the company is Graphik Concepts in Farmington Hills. I talked with them today and you were right about their product and the price. I'm taking my 2008 Vista Blue vert up there next week to have them put on a color similar to Ford's Tungsten. They even checked out the Ford color so they could suggest a similar color for me. They must also be getting a lot of business from your posting because the guy I talked with chuckled when I mentioned your name and said "another one." :lol:

Have a 2007 GT500 vert, checked with Ford dealer and strips were over a $1,000.00 with out labor. It seems like a lot to me. Has anyone crossed this bridge before? Car is alloy with satin silver strips under door. Thanks

We went to Tulsa and met a company that makes stripes with paint, check out the u-tube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itdd_2VE9ok

I ordered a set for my 2007, The price was under $400.00, and I really think they are a better product.

Archived