TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So I took the advice of some of you all....

I have always been a student of old school waxing and detailing my cars, but I never was able to master the art. Ive had two previous SVT cars, which both were black. A '99 Contour, and a '97 Cobra, and as you all know this color is the hardest to keep clean, but looks the best when it is clean.

I always use to use the white residue causing wax, and it always left swirls in the paint. Then after washing my car I would use a cotton towel to dry it off, needlees to say after years of this I NEEDED REDIRECTION.

Then I found this web site and the very intelligent, wonderful people here, I read imput and researched products. Today in Cincinnati it was 68 and sunny, I took this oppertunity to really use some of the products you all suggested.

Products I used, and highly suggest anyone with this car need to have.

1. Turtle wax car wash

2. Turtle wax ice

3. Turtle wax liquid polish (ice)

4. Many microfiber towels

5. A nice sponge, with a soft side, and a side used for scrubing

6. Ice interior detailer

7. Black magic tire wet, with a spreader

After using these items, and they are very easy to use, my eyes have been open and I have seen the light!!!! These items really make a difference, no swirls, nor water marks. I am posting new pics after my detailing, let me know what you think.

th_DSC_0059.jpg

th_DSC_0060.jpg

th_DSC_0064.jpg

th_DSC_0065.jpg

th_DSC_0066.jpg

th_DSC_0070.jpg

th_DSC_0074.jpg

The second pic from the top is not a mirror but the side panel on the driver's side......like crystal!!

Thanks for the advice girls and guys!!!!!

BigDrawz

Very nice! Gotta love ICE.

I used all of those fine products until a few months ago. I found Dri Wash through another member here, and this stuff is the best I have ever used! Not only do you get top notch results, but it only takes about 15 minutes to go around you vehicle.

I used all of those fine products until a few months ago. I found Dri Wash through another member here, and this stuff is the best I have ever used! Not only do you get top notch results, but it only takes about 15 minutes to go around you vehicle.

I agree with you Dana.

The ICE is nice - but the Dri Wash products really save time. No more having to bring out all the buckets, water, washmits, towels etc. Spray on the dirty car and wipe off. Just like it's name says - it's a "dry wash". Plus I was amazed at the nice shine it left on your car.

I'll still use ICE when I clean the old fashioned way - with water, but the Dri Wash is da' bomb!!

Don't you have a video or something when you tried it??

I agree with you Dana.

The ICE is nice - but the Dri Wash products really save time. No more having to bring out all the buckets, water, washmits, towels etc. Spray on the dirty car and wipe off. Just like it's name says - it's a "dry wash". Plus I was amazed at the nice shine it left on your car.

I'll still use ICE when I clean the old fashioned way - with water, but the Dri Wash is da' bomb!!

Don't you have a video or something when you tried it??

This video was my first try with Dri Was'n Guard. Now it is a standard item in my garage!

This video was my first try with Dri Was'n Guard. Now it is a standard item in my garage!

I can't see how that would not leave scratch marks all over the car. Maybe the dirt in the midwest is less abrasive than what I'm used to? :headscratch:

I can't see how that would not leave scratch marks all over the car. Maybe the dirt in the midwest is less abrasive than what I'm used to? :headscratch:

I was equally surprised and have been using it since......no scratches, and a perfect finish. I still keep Ice detailer to clean up white marks, and Meguiar's tire shine, but I have gotten rid of everything else.

This stuff is amazing! Take a look at my pics from yesterday here: http://www.blackvertmafia.com/forum/showth...p=2914#post2914

All I do is go around the plastic trim with Ice after to get the white residue off and the entire car is done in little effort in about 15-20 minutes. It's like doing the quick detailer and getting a wash and wax out of it. It lasts too. I hate washing the car and this stuff is about as close to acceptable as I can find. I really like that when i am done and then go drive it doesn't collect all the brake dust and there is no water coming out from little places like behind the mirrors and getting on my doors.

I bought the whole detail kit and am looking forward to trying the interior stuff that does both leather and vinyl since we have that mix. If it's as good as the ultra ion wash then I'll not have to worry about cleaning things again.

This stuff is amazing! Take a look at my pics from yesterday here: http://www.blackvertmafia.com/forum/showth...p=2914#post2914

All I do is go around the plastic trim with Ice after to get the white residue off and the entire car is done in little effort in about 15-20 minutes. It's like doing the quick detailer and getting a wash and wax out of it. It lasts too. I hate washing the car and this stuff is about as close to acceptable as I can find. I really like that when i am done and then go drive it doesn't collect all the brake dust and there is no water coming out from little places like behind the mirrors and getting on my doors.

I bought the whole detail kit and am looking forward to trying the interior stuff that does both leather and vinyl since we have that mix. If it's as good as the ultra ion wash then I'll not have to worry about cleaning things again.

The leather and vinyl works great on the exterior trim pieces. I'm a slob when detailing my car (hence why I don't want to use paste wax........ask my wife, she's got the nice white mark on one of her trim pieces from the last time I used a paste wax!!!!). The leather/vinyl product is truly a spray on/rub off product and got all of my exterior trim pieces (including the rockers) looking new, including taking down any white residue left from the ion.

Lookin' good BD

How has the first month been......any tickets? :hysterical:

I am going to Kings on Sat the 31st to pick up mine. Can't wait

Thanks man!!!

No tickets for me yet, but im real careful. Im sure that a ticket is coming. The first month has been awsome, I have about 700 miles on her and she loves to be driven.... its a blast, You will see, just wait!!!!

Congrats on the Vapor and blk, awsome color combo. Did you get the last allocation offered by kings? Did you deal with Bob Creed Jr.? Maybe you and I and Bruce can hook up this summer for a drive?

I have not seen anyone in Florence with a GT500.

BigDrawz

Since a teenager, I have used Turtle cream wax in the green tub. It's cheap, easy to apply, and remove. I used it on my '68 GT500 and '67 Sunbeam Tiger, always with good results. This spring I used it on the wife's Honda CRV. When the time comes, I plan to use it on my new, '08 GT500. I say stick with what works for you.

Thanks man!!!

No tickets for me yet, but im real careful. Im sure that a ticket is coming. The first month has been awsome, I have about 700 miles on her and she loves to be driven.... its a blast, You will see, just wait!!!!

Congrats on the Vapor and blk, awsome color combo. Did you get the last allocation offered by kings? Did you deal with Bob Creed Jr.? Maybe you and I and Bruce can hook up this summer for a drive?

I have not seen anyone in Florence with a GT500.

BigDrawz

Yes on the allocation, yes on Bob Jr.

The summer drive might be tough being from Chicago but you never know. Bruce said he might try and get down to the dealer on Sat when I pick it up. We'll have to start a Kings ford mafia to offset the black and red vert mafia :hysterical:

If the summer cruise doesn't work out we will no doubt meet up at an event in the near future. Your car looks awesome. Any mods planned?

Since a teenager, I have used Turtle cream wax in the green tub. It's cheap, easy to apply, and remove. I used it on my '68 GT500 and '67 Sunbeam Tiger, always with good results. This spring I used it on the wife's Honda CRV. When the time comes, I plan to use it on my new, '08 GT500. I say stick with what works for you.

I used to think the same.

But the new stuff works 1000% time better.

Really.

I finally tossed my green tub of Turtle wax this spring. I'll never use it again.

Just try the Dri Wash and the ICE. You'll never go back to green either.

I have the complete dry Wash pack also,

but I paid $100 from manufacturer;

Good job getting a brake from them I wish I knew before.

but I agree rub on buff off it like magic.

I still haven't figured out the dust repellent or the Ion concoction yet or when the best time to use is.

Yes on the allocation, yes on Bob Jr.

The summer drive might be tough being from Chicago but you never know. Bruce said he might try and get down to the dealer on Sat when I pick it up. We'll have to start a Kings ford mafia to offset the black and red vert mafia :hysterical:

If the summer cruise doesn't work out we will no doubt meet up at an event in the near future. Your car looks awesome. Any mods planned?

Yes we need to start a King's Mafia!!!! That would be sweet!!!

Yeah I plan on mods eventually, not sure what yet. Im just happy I got the car, those things will come. What are you planning?

Yes we need to start a King's Mafia!!!! That would be sweet!!!

Yeah I plan on mods eventually, not sure what yet. Im just happy I got the car, those things will come. What are you planning?

I have a few cosmetic things ready to go...headlight and foglight tinted covers, I have tinted front turn signals. The orange just looks terrible with the Vapor :barf: I also have a new shift knob..went with white for the original shelby look.

Performance wise I have SLP loudmouths as well. I will eventually do the JLT intake and tune from EVO but I can't swing it yet...........maybe next spring. +1 on just being happy about the car.

Kevhead20

That's an awesome GT500 shifter ball. May I ask where you purchased it. I took delivery of my new Shelby on May 8, '08 and would like to get one.

Thanks

Thanks....wish I had a car to install it on. Won't be too long now, 6 looooong days.

I got it from Grabberpony.com. Great service. There are a few members who have ordered from them.

Archived