TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR 'H' pipe and resonators

in reading and watching all the new reviews about the KR, everyone loves the new 'sound', created by the H pipe and resonators. so far the closest i can find on the internet is from MRT. they sell an H pipe with high flow cats designed for the 5.4 l SC. in talking to them they said the original cats had problems - they are now redesigned for the engine. in watching the Garage419 reviews

that car sounds great to me. i really want to change the X out for the H, if i lose a few hp thats not going to bother me. i also have the corsa mufflers, they may or may not sound as good as the resonators, they can be changed also if we can find out who is making the new ones.

so far only one review that i have seen refers to a new

x design for the KR, don;t know if that is a type o or they did not catch the change or what.

anybody have any knowledge about this stuff?

thanks

in reading and watching all the new reviews about the KR, everyone loves the new 'sound', created by the H pipe and resonators. so far the closest i can find on the internet is from MRT. they sell an H pipe with high flow cats designed for the 5.4 l SC. in talking to them they said the original cats had problems - they are now redesigned for the engine. in watching the Garage419 reviews
that car sounds great to me. i really want to change the X out for the H, if i lose a few hp thats not going to bother me. i also have the corsa mufflers, they may or may not sound as good as the resonators, they can be changed also if we can find out who is making the new ones.

x design for the KR, don;t know if that is a type o or they did not catch the change or what.

thanks

It is a H pipe for the KR.(H pipe and resonators is correct)

GT500 has the X pipe design.

The complete KR exhaust will be sold through ford racing real soon.

Theoretically X-pipes make more power

H pipe usually has a better sound.

thanks

I hope they don't sell those and keep them strictly for the KR.

I 'am glad they will be selling the KR exhaust. We may not be able to get the Hood to look like a KR, but atleast we will be able to have the same sweet sound as the KR. Hopefully they will make the suspension parts available also.

Skip the "H" pipe; go with an "X" pipe along with the KR's resonators, and you will have the best of both worlds. Awesome sound and excellent exhaust scavenging properties too. The only reason FoMoCo went with the "H" pipe on the KR was in order to keep the car legally complient in all 50 states (crybaby California does it again) for noise abaitment laws.

With an "X" pipe combined the KR resonators, your 5.4 will sound like a NASCAR flying down the back wall at Talladega!

Skip the "H" pipe; go with an "X" pipe along with the KR's resonators, and you will have the best of both worlds. Awesome sound and excellent exhaust scavenging properties too. The only reason FoMoCo went with the "H" pipe on the KR was in order to keep the car legally complient in all 50 states (crybaby California does it again) for noise abaitment laws.

With an "X" pipe combined the KR resonators, your 5.4 will sound like a NASCAR flying down the back wall at Talladega!

interesting thought on noise abatement, could even be accurate. i still really like the the sound of it at street speeds though. also still have not been able to learn anything about the resonators - like who makes them?

When will it be available and is you source a good one. I hope so because this would be great to have on our GT500. I hope your source is for real. I called SVT and they said they did not think so which really bummed me out.

When will it be available and is you source a good one. I hope so because this would be great to have on our GT500. I hope your source is for real. I called SVT and they said they did not think so which really bummed me out.

None of the actual parts used on the GT500KR will be made available to anyone who does not own, or prove they own a KR thru VIN# verification, thus they won't be able to buy parts, only KR owners can purchase replacement parts. Great policy and I support it 100%.

None of the actual parts used on the GT500KR will be made available to anyone who does not own, or prove they own a KR thru VIN# verification, thus they won't be able to buy parts, only KR owners can purchase replacement parts. Great policy and I support it 100%.

the FRPP short throw shifter is available

The exhaust will be available through ford racing.

The hood and wheels will not be sold through ford (they are the only parts that will not be sold that are KR only parts)

basically every other part will be available.

BlackShelby I hope you are right about the parts just was wondering how you find out that they would be available. You can Pm if you like just want to know for sure so I do not get my hopes up for nothing thanks.

What I can't figure out is how are they able to sell the car with as much sound as the KR makes?

Many magazines noted that the GT500 was at the maximum sound level legal. So how is it, that Shelby can throw ALOT louder exhaust on the car and not be subject to the same drive by sound standards as a GT500?

Follow up question then is if I put an exhaust system on my GT500 thta sounds even close to the loudness of the KR, how am I going to explain myself out of the ticket when then man pulls me over for noise violation??? yet if I was in a KR it would be legal???

Don't get me wrong.... I love the sound of the KR and want mine to sound like the KR. I am not sure I am buying Ford's argument that the stock GT500 is the loudest legally allowed. Unless specialty modifiers can basically do anything...

What I can't figure out is how are they able to sell the car with as much sound as the KR makes?

Many magazines noted that the GT500 was at the maximum sound level legal. So how is it, that Shelby can throw ALOT louder exhaust on the car and not be subject to the same drive by sound standards as a GT500?

Follow up question then is if I put an exhaust system on my GT500 thta sounds even close to the loudness of the KR, how am I going to explain myself out of the ticket when then man pulls me over for noise violation??? yet if I was in a KR it would be legal???

Don't get me wrong.... I love the sound of the KR and want mine to sound like the KR. I am not sure I am buying Ford's argument that the stock GT500 is the loudest legally allowed. Unless specialty modifiers can basically do anything...

bump

• 2 weeks later...
The exhaust will be available through ford racing.

The hood and wheels will not be sold through ford (they are the only parts that will not be sold that are KR only parts)

basically every other part will be available.

I was under the impression for quite a while that the KR resonators (muffler/axle-back I assume) were going to be the M-5230-SVT1 mufflers. Perhaps it was the FRPP ad for the power pack that states "Standard on Shelby GT500KR" - see link. Also early pics of the KR prototype showed this type of muffler installed. In the recent Motor Trend review, pictures of the blue KR shows mufflers that are round, not oval like the SVT1. The exhaust tips on the KR mufflers stuck out more and were straight rather than angled - it definately did not have the SVT1s installed. Anyone know what mufflers are being used on the production KR?

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=9968

bullet mufflers are used from the bullit mustang

ClassicRides just took delivery of his KR last night and shared some pictures on another thread. They were taken at night but it is pretty clear that the mufflers are round not oval - see post 14 in this link:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...t=0&start=0

This pretty much confirms the M-5230-SVT1 mufflers are NOT being used in the KR; I guess they were not loud enough.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed today on the FRPP site that the M-2007-FR1SVT SVT MUSTANG POWER UPGRADE PACKAGE, which includes the CAI and SVT1 mufflers no longer says "standard on the GT500KR."

Pretty much says the SVT1's are out.

• 4 years later...

If Harley riders can run straight pipes and not get tickets, so can I on my Mustang...The only thing required for emissions is the cats...mufflers are not required for emissions...at least here in Texas....I can run muffler delete all day long and not get a ticket...

Certain items on KRs are KR proprietary items such as the (1) hood pins (2) hood (3) Aloca 18" forged "KR" wheels (4) carbon fiber splitter and to my best understanding that includes (5) KR performance exhaust.

I can understand others wanting the exhaust and splitter but why the other parts when you don't have a KR? If you don't own a KR you can dress it up as much as you want to look like a KR but at the end of the day it's not a KR.

• 2 weeks later...

My .02.

If you currently have a 07-09 Shelby GT-500 and are looking for a good sound like the KR, may I suggest "loud mouths"

I had a 2008 GT-500 and installed a set of "loud mouths" on it. OMG, what a sound ! Yes, a bit louder than the KR but not raspy. I really enjoyed driving it around with that exhaust.

My KR sounds great and have received many compliments whilst driving it. A guy in a pick up rode along side of me for a bit and was raving how awsome it sounded when we stopped for a light. I rewarded him with a "spirited" sprint when the light turned green.

Let me guess.......you live in California ?

Archived