TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Extra engine builder plate

CRQuarto

Anyone have any idea how we can get an extra build plate, or get in contact with our engine builders? I saw that amazing framed builders plate/build certificate/photo of actual engine and plate. It is something I want to do very much when they release the build numbers for our cars. Any thoughts on this?

GT500FLYBOY is the poster. Here is the thread, and the picture from his signature of the frame.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26921

DSC00536.jpg

Yeah, John did an awesome job on that!

If I recall he met one of the builders when we were on last years's Dearborn (Romeo, Flat Rock) tour and the builder just happened to be there *and* just happened to have an extra plate -- I believe it was just some very good luck ...don't think the plates are available.

He did do a beautiful job making it into something special!

Just lucky on that one, dude. If we get to Dearborn this year, and do Romeo, and you builder's aren't off or retired, you might get lucky, too.

Ugh, I am jealous! Maybe I will write a letter to the plant and beg them pretty please, hehe. If not, I might just do it minus the plate, it would still look good, just not AS good :)

If I recall he met one of the builders when we were on last years's Dearborn (Romeo, Flat Rock) tour and the builder just happened to be there *and* just happened to have an extra plate -- I believe it was just some very good luck ...don't think the plates are available.

Wow, too bad for the rest of us. I wanted to get the blue valve covers but would want to put the plates on the blue covers. I don't think you can get them off without ruining them.

I wish Dearborn wasn't 2,300 miles away for me :( I can't justify the easy $1200 in gas round trip it would probably cost (yeah right, probably more at this rate) or the $600 airfare. Oh well, maybe I can convince the girlfriend its a good idea.

Archived