TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Roger, I love your fender stripes!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I went in to get the stipes today at my local decal/graphics shop. . . . . . . I asked for yellow and they showed me like 7 different shades of yellow. I didn't have a Terlingua decal with me to choose the right color stripe to match. So I didn't order them. . . . . . . yet.

So now I come here to ask the all knowing group of forum members a few questions.

1) What 3M Vinyl decal color in yellow are you using? "Bright Yellow" or some other color?

2) Terlingua racing decal placement? Where is everyone putting the decal?

- Below the "Powered by Ford" emblem? Above it? (Personal Preference?)

3) Decal? or are you turning it into a magnet of some kind to place/remove when you want to????

4) Are the Terlingua decals permanently stuck like a sticker or are they vinyl like the stripes?

5) Is it really appropriate for the Terlingua decal to be placed on our Shelby GT's?

Sorry for all the questions. . . . I'm researching and want to make the right decisions based on the overall opinion of this fellowship! I look forward to responses.

Tclark1976, I don't have my Terlingua decals yet. A bit hesitant to be "too blingy", maybe? I do believe they are just decals, but the magnet idea isn't bad! As far as putting them on an SGT, if I remember correctly, the Shelby team would run around a slap them on any car they could get away with, usually unknown to the driver. Half the cars on the track would have a sticker regardless of make or team, and the Shelby guys got quite a kick out of it. So there probably isn't an inappropriate car to put one on.

So now I come here to ask the all knowing group of forum members a few questions.

1) What 3M Vinyl decal color in yellow are you using? "Bright Yellow" or some other color?

2) Terlingua racing decal placement? Where is everyone putting the decal?

- Below the "Powered by Ford" emblem? Above it? (Personal Preference?)

3) Decal? or are you turning it into a magnet of some kind to place/remove when you want to????

4) Are the Terlingua decals permanently stuck like a sticker or are they vinyl like the stripes?

5) Is it really appropriate for the Terlingua decal to be placed on our Shelby GT's?

Sorry for all the questions. . . . I'm researching and want to make the right decisions based on the overall opinion of this fellowship! I look forward to responses.

Okay...I'll take a shot at the answers. You may not agree, but what the hey...

A) I'm not using anything yet, and I am looking for an answer on this myself.

2) Terlingua racing decal placement? Where is everyone putting the decal? Below the "Powered by Ford" emblem? Above it? (Personal Preference?)

A) I have one on each fender, under the "Powered by Ford" fender badge. I used the PBF to line up the decal. I also added one on the rear deck lid, right side, centered between the edge of the trunk lip and faux gas cap. BTW, on the left side, I added the Hurst fender badge. I've had a lot of compliments on this. Just today, a passer-by stood behind my SGT to read LuLu's butt while I was trying to back out of a parking space. Some people...

3) Decal? or are you turning it into a magnet of some kind to place/remove when you want to?

A) Decal. Once I put them on, they stay until the next owner decides. If I have to replace them in a year or so, I will.

A) The decals are metalic and seem permanent, surely more durable than the Le Mans stripes. But, I may be over influenced by the volume of stripe complaints too. Some folks make them sound so fragile, and I've hit mine with a power buffer a dozen times now. Who knows?

Well...I believe so. I am a member of the Terlingua Racing Team in good standing, and I will be attending the Shelby event in Terlingua, TX in September. In fact, I just renewed my TRT club dues last month, and paid my event admission fees in the past few hours. Needless to say, I am deep into the Terlingua mystique. I have maps of the region, topograpfical pics, even a Jerry Jeff Walker CD of Terlingua style music. Yeah...I went over the edge.

You need to catch up on what the TRT is about. It's mythology in it's highest form, a fable created by Carroll Shelby and cohorts of those days. It's basically a joke played among race car drivers of the '60s, but it's coming alive (and real) today. My TRT driver's license is signed by "D. Rabbit" (say it as you read it). However, it's all very romantic and very historic, Steve Mc Queen is (was) a member in good standing too. IMHO, it's all just for fun, and you can never have too much fun.

In other threads here, y'all have speculated on a Shelby GT 350 for 2009/10 and my suspicision is that it will be a Terlingua edition Shelby with a 4.0L Ford V-6 and a centrifugal blower producing 350+ RWHP. Now that will be a GT 350 to watch out for, yellow trim expressing "caution, watch your step".

Hope I have helped, but I may be completely off my rocker thanks to the emotional beating of the TS "bitch club". It will be a cold day in Hell before LuLu wears a TS/BC racing decal...

I am making them avalible. E-mail for details.

Roger

Thank you, Roger.

I want a set in Terlingua yellow.

I can't find your e-mail addy to save my life, so, drop me a line at sergntmac@aol.com with details, please?

Be safe.

I think I am going to start offering pre-cut stripes and include instructions for application. ;)

Well Roger, I think I might be interested in some satin or flat stripes in performance white!

Hoping the effect will be like the Black on Black of the first GT 500KR at Barrett Jackson.

+1 I'm waiting on my TRT decals now - hope they show up soon!

I may order 2 sets of yellow - just on the outside chance I mess up the first set trying to get them installed. Doesn't hurt to have a set on the shelf either in case some huge bug gouges the @#$! out of one of them.

This really will end up being like a "secret club" kinda thing. . . . . That's neat!! I know I'll be the only Mustang in my area with these stripes . . . . . Shoot. . . . my SGT's going to be screaming for attention when I'm done!!

T

Hi Roger, Hope you dont mind me jumping on the bandwagon. What i did was added a yellow 106 ,kind of reminded me of the grabber orange color. then added metallic silver pinstripes to depthen and define the stripe then split it again with another pinstripe to actually have 4 yellow with a one in" divide. here is some pics. Looks great with the telingua racing decals.

DSC02286.jpg

DSC02296.jpg

DSC02297.jpg

That looks awesome, 4648! Great tie in with the Terlingua decal! I attended a 12-car Shelby meet this weekend (see Southwest regional section) and my stripes were a topic of discussion. Not everyone liked them, which is ok, but several did. One thing I can tell you is that when people stare, their eyes are always drawn to those stripes. My wife hates them, but I think they're perfect and appropriate.

Silver metallic? Silver with metallic flake or more like a mirror?

Mark,

Silver to match our stripe color. There have been some who are looking for a mirror finish but I am afraid it would scratch too easily and not wear very well over time.

Roger

Mark,

Silver to match our stripe color. There have been some who are looking for a mirror finish but I am afraid it would scratch too easily and not wear very well over time.

Roger

Yeah, looking at these I was thinking a brushed silver or maybe use a section of unused roof stripe?

I have a question. . . . .

Does anyone know if the yellow of the Terlingua racing decal and the yellow 'pit stripes' will match the yellow caliper of the Extreme Plus brake upgrade??

At some point - likely next year - I am planning a wheel / brake upgrade on SGT, and Yellow was the accent color I've decided to go with. I am hoping that the yellow is not TOO different. . . .

Trevor

I must ask , does the sticker go on both fenders???

BTW I love them

It is a personal choice. Most were run on the driver front fender others ran both sides and some cars from one fender to the other over the hood.

Thanks,

Roger

• 1 month later...

Archived