TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cars on hold

landscaper /stang

Thanks for clearing this up Robert. It seems Ford C.S were telling us that they were on hold, very poor comunications on Fords part

Check out the new article

Ford states there is NO STOP SHIP ORDERED

800 Shelby GT 500's were shipped in August

(where'd they all go??????)

E-bay & Lonestar

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for clearing this up Robert. It seems Ford C.S were telling us that they were on hold, very poor comunications on Fords part

E-bay & Lonestar

More Liquor, or whatever it is some of youse people is on, try tilting the head back, closing the eyes, give out a couple oomms and using the flat of the hand, smack yourself in the forehead real hard. No, it really works, I do it all the time. Just give it try. Como on, I know you want to. :doh: See just like that.

Guest evilchris

E-bay & Lonestar

Don't forget mallofgeorgia and the double ADM's.

I was emailed by my dealer today. He stated that my car which was supposedly released on Aug 9th will arrive in the next SEVERAL WEEKS. I am somewhat surprised that FORD cannot do a better job tracking these cars. MY guess is that they know exactly where these cars are and why they are not being shipped.

I will have to wait until Tue to call SAT. Have a great Labor Day.

I was emailed by my dealer today. He stated that my car which was supposedly released on Aug 9th will arrive in the next SEVERAL WEEKS. I am somewhat surprised that FORD cannot do a better job tracking these cars. MY guess is that they know exactly where these cars are and why they are not being shipped.

I will have to wait until Tue to call SAT. Have a great Labor Day.

Is SAT just Ford Customer Service? If not, can someone tell me what it is and what the number might be? Ford Customer Service has been less than helpful.... :sos:

Is SAT just Ford Customer Service? If not, can someone tell me what it is and what the number might be? Ford Customer Service has been less than helpful.... :sos:

When I called Ford customer service, they gave me the following #.

SAT's number is 800-367-3788.

I told Ford customer service that I was the sales person checking for a customer. The rep told me that any customer can call they will give any info they have(Not that there is any accurate info)

I told Ford customer service that I was the sales person checking for a customer. The rep told me that any customer can call they will give any info they have(Not that there is any accurate info)

Thanks, ANR6! :shift:

I'll let y'all know what I find out on Tuesday....

There seems to be a couple forums dealing with the same issues... here is my posting on the NO HOLD forum...

Hi all.. first I just want to thank everyone for their posts... the information has been terrific and kept me patient while waiting. I purchased my basic coupe, back when they were talking about the GT500 being offered. I was 3rd at my local dealer and in March my order was released to Ford... black with the tungsten stripes. I have the VIN # and it was built Aug 5th, and according to my dealer, shipped with an estimated arrival (here in Canada) of Aug 15th. Well here it is, Sept 4th and no car!! After many calls and missed dates, like others have posted, I have been told that shipping has been put on hold for all GT500's. I was told that there is a modification that must be done on the exhaust system?? no other details but the belief was that it has to do with emissions and effected all cars, not just those bound for Canada...I was also told that since my car was built back on the 5th that is was blocked in and that they were making the mod as they get to the cars. The new estimate for delivery is now Sept.12th!! What I find most frustrating is the lack of information.... I understand that for Canada anyway, that they use enclosed carriers that specialize in high end cars for making the delivery, this prevents them from tracking the cars the normal way. I was also told that they are totally covered and finding a specific car in the shipping yard is very difficult... Has anyone in Canada, Ontario taken delivery? if so, was the car specially shipped? totally covered? My dealer has received one Shelby so far, a blue Convertible, but it was already PDI'd when I saw it. My salesguy has become a friend of mine over the years and I trust him and believe that he can't get any information either. Any information on these delays would be greatley appreciated. My other question is if this will result in a recall of cars already shipped? One last thought... At Bristol Speedway last week they had a Z06 vette on a dyno and showed 468rwh...with an advertized 505 hp... shouldn't the Shelby be at least close to this, if not higher? Thanks.

800-367-3788 is the SVT phone number. Whenever I have called them, they have referred me back to Ford Customer Service (800-392-3673)

I just spoke with Ralph at the Ford AutoAlliance plant, and he told me that they have had to inspect about 900 cars for a clutch plate slip problem before they could ship them. He is one of four people actually doing these inspections. He said my car was held up for about two weeks because of this, but that it had finally been released to the shipping yard. It appears that there actually is some truth to the stop ship information we've read about.

I also asked him about the "chatter" that I have read many people experience when they accelerate from a standstill in 1st. Although many on this forum have indicated that they rev the engine up a bit and then let the clutch out, he said the best way to deal with this is to only rev it a little - like with other cars - and then let the clutch out very quickly. He said that's the best way to get a good launch with this ceramic dual plate "racing" clutch. Anyone have any comments on this point?

Many thanks to 68KR07Shelby for putting me in touch with Ralph! :shift:

Yep, I called Ralph as well, same info as above Clutch issues, fortunately mine was not one of the 6 out of 900 found with issues, but they found and fixed,replaced or whatever they do, the problem, still looks like 2 to 3 weeks out, so I may get to go for a nice autumn cruise through the Blue Ridge Mountains before winter...

Ever so impatiently waiting,

Theresa :wacko:

HEY GUYS I JUST WANT TO GIVE ALL OF YOU SOME HOPE!

I called Ford C/S this morning they told me my Shelby was at the Rail Yard to be shipped. I called the Railyard this afternoon and he told me that my car was on on the hill in rail car XYZ and will be unloaded tomorrow off the train.

So that means from 8:30 am untill 3:30 pm my car got loaded on a train in Michigan and made it to the Hapeville Ga.unloading yard in just 7 hours.

WOW, That Ford customer Service hot line sure is alot of help. It is the biggest waste of money that Ford has. Get rid of it.

If the people answering questions that the customers have don't have a clue then why have them? They have been a waste of my time and your's

DAMN, MY SHELBY IS IN TOWN. I SHOULD PICK IT UP FRIDAY.

I will go by the railyard tomorrow to see it.

WHOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, my car was built 67 days ago on June 30th, and was part of the group of cars being held

for the clutch issues according to Ralph ( I love that guy ). Almost 900 cars were held. Apperantly

my car was sent to the shipping yard, and requires four more cars before they ship, as of this morning.

I'm expecting 14-21 days to get to British Columbia!!!!!!! But, at least I know it's on its' way, and now

( thanks to Ralph ) I know why it was delayed for shipping. But, I know that there are people here that

have thier cars already that were built after mine, so here's hoping that you have no issues.

KingCobra.

Well, my car was built 67 days ago on June 30th, and was part of the group of cars being held

for the clutch issues according to Ralph ( I love that guy ). Almost 900 cars were held. Apperantly

my car was sent to the shipping yard, and requires four more cars before they ship, as of this morning.

I'm expecting 14-21 days to get to British Columbia!!!!!!! But, at least I know it's on its' way, and now

( thanks to Ralph ) I know why it was delayed for shipping. But, I know that there are people here that

have thier cars already that were built after mine, so here's hoping that you have no issues.

KingCobra.

KC, it looks like you're finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. That's great. Congrats! It's about time. :cheerleader:

+1000; customer service never called me back even after I was told it would be brought to the highest level where a supervisor would be sure to call within 48 hours; ya, right :wacko:

I'm STILL waiting for the Ford Customer Service supervisor with whom I spoke last Thursday to call me back. He said he would find my car and call me back before 5 pm that same day. He never called back.

I called Ford Customer Service again yesterday and this SAME supervisor happened to answer the phone. He AGAIN said he would check to see where my car is and that he would call me yesterday by 5 pm. Still no call. :rant:

Ford: Are you LISTENING????? :sos:

Brands 5.0: I called today and got the same BS; your car is scheduled for delivery Aug 28th at 12AM. Then he realized what he said and said, oh it is September 6 today. You better call your dealer's sales manager. I said thanks. couldn't have thought of that myself. No one seems to know where the cars are other than the quality hold is off and they should be shipping. The CS line is a waste of time; they do not seem to have any useful information whatsover.

I haven't really had good info, but I have gotten info from customer service....

Material hold for approx 3 weeks or more,

Then Build date, final production date, and now released with ETA of 7 Sept...(which is not going to happen due to clutch)

But Ralph said 14 to 21 days from yesterday...So maybe by 26Sept.

We'll see...

Theresa :wacko:

Archived