TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SCRATCH ON QUARTER WINDOW!!!

I noticed a 1" scratch on the driver side quarter panel window of my 2008 GT500. I've had the car approximately 1 1/2 months and have 1100 miles on it. The car is garage kept and I've never parked the car somewhere and walked away from it. Well, I took the car to my local Ford dealership to have the window repaired/replaced under warranty. I was contacted a few days later and told that Ford had denied my claim. I called Ford Customer Relations department and they said the claim had been denied by their "Digital Imaging" department and there was no one to over turn this decision. I refuse to accept this! Does anyone know what other steps I can take to have this problem resolved? PLEASE HELP.

After having the car for 6weeks why would this be warranty claim? Did you not look the car over at the dealers before buying it? How many times have you cleaned the car and windows? Maybe a rock hit it while you were driving, make a claim on your insurance.

I noticed a 1" scratch on the driver side quarter panel window of my 2008 GT500. I've had the car approximately 1 1/2 months and have 1100 miles on it. The car is garage kept and I've never parked the car somewhere and walked away from it. Well, I took the car to my local Ford dealership to have the window repaired/replaced under warranty. I was contacted a few days later and told that Ford had denied my claim. I called Ford Customer Relations department and they said the claim had been denied by their "Digital Imaging" department and there was no one to over turn this decision. I refuse to accept this! Does anyone know what other steps I can take to have this problem resolved? PLEASE HELP.

You can always try another dealership but from my experience six weeks since delivery is too far along for Ford to warranty it.

I know the scratch bothers you and I'm sure everytime you look at that section of glass your eye goes right to the scratch but the odds are it isn't that noticeable. The dealership didn't notice it when your car came off the transporter, the nu-car prep guys didn't notice it while prepping your car for sale, your salesman didn't notice it when he/she sold you the car and most importantly you didn't notice it unti 6 weeks later.

I agree with coldy, stop by a glass shop and see ehat they can do.

Steve

I know it might be awhile before its SSd, but once it is you will NEVER seen it again. It will be covered up. You might go ahead and order the scoops from SPP or the blockoff plates and cover it up.

Ford has really tighted up on warranty claims. If its been 6 weeks Fords not going to help.

michael morris

Archived