TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT Fog Lights are back!

All,

First of all, i would like to thank gofastguy for giving me the idea for this mod and also for his help during this process.

I started by buying from eBay a OEM GT Grille with the Fog Light assembly. I bought the whole GT Grille in case i screw up the one i have behind the metal one. I spent overall probably 6 hours on this project and i am happy about the results.

1- I had to remove the upper grille from the front fascia. You can read this artice about that: http://www.mustangmonthly.com/howto/mump_0...tall/index.html

2- I had to remove the metal grille from the platic one by removing the support brakets installed by SAI. Then i have re-installed the grille the same way but elevated about 1/2 inch to make more room for the Fog Lights. I simply used 6 pieces of black rubber behind the vertical suppport bars on the metal grille. So, if you look from the front, you see nothing. To attach the metal grille back to the factory plastic one, i simply used some black tie wrap. I know that this is not the best way of doing this but it was the simplest way. In addition, thos are barely noticable. I also had top remove the mustang horse that was installed on the grille because it was directly in the center of the fog light. Anyway, i like the grille better without that horse there.

3- I had to buy 6 spacers and 6 stainless steel screws as previously suggested by gofastguy. I installed the gof light on the old OEM plastic grille. The lower fog light attachement facing outside the car had to be cut for clearance

4- I had to grind the Fog light assembly support brackets to make it fit in that tight area.

P.S. For the 2008 SGT owner who wants to do this mod, i have a OEM GT Upper grille that you could use to do this mod. You will need to cut the plastic and get a pair of OEM Fog Lights.

See below for pics

post-9186-1211373825.jpg post-9186-1211373828.jpg post-9186-1211373818.jpg post-9186-1211373831.jpg

post-9186-1211373834.jpg post-9186-1211373838.jpg post-9186-1211373841.jpg

post-9186-1211373818.jpg

post-9186-1211373825.jpg

post-9186-1211373828.jpg

post-9186-1211373831.jpg

post-9186-1211373834.jpg

post-9186-1211373838.jpg

post-9186-1211373841.jpg

I like this alot it's a very good look for the SGT's. I have a gt500 front end on my mustang and would like to mount a set of these fogs behind it... except centered. Do you know of anyone whos done this or of a way to do this? Seeing how you've seen this torn apart on a SGT I'm wondering if there would be space on a gt500... centered though. Thanks.

I like this alot it's a very good look for the SGT's. I have a gt500 front end on my mustang and would like to mount a set of these fogs behind it... except centered. Do you know of anyone whos done this or of a way to do this? Seeing how you've seen this torn apart on a SGT I'm wondering if there would be space on a gt500... centered though. Thanks.

I didn't use the 6" but with square lights the stock GT grill is plenty strong enough to hold them in place. A dremmel and a couple of hours is all it takes.

l_0397d47503e00b31204aae09f3cf747c.jpg

l_257bda17ea17e87142b201a0ebf3e8d0.jpg

Yup you got it thats basically what I want to do except with a set of the larger ones. Glad to see this is possible! Now I have to find a way to do this without having a stock grill to mount them in.... the problem with the gt500 front end is that there isn't exactly a way to mount it like yalls. Any ideas how to anchor them back behind?

Yup you got it thats basically what I want to do except with a set of the larger ones. Glad to see this is possible! Now I have to find a way to do this without having a stock grill to mount them in.... the problem with the gt500 front end is that there isn't exactly a way to mount it like yalls. Any ideas how to anchor them back behind?

Paint some galvanized metal roll strapping..?....Thats how I hung my 5" KC's!

post-15930-1211502740.jpg

post-15930-1211502740.jpg

sorry I'm a noob your going to have to elaborate and brake that down for me.... galvanized metal roll strapping?

Yeah... they sell it at most auto parts stores....it comes in a little roll probably about an inch wide by 2.5 it has holes everyinch or so and you can bend it easily..just put the light where you want it and bend the strapping around the light fasten it down below and up top [somewhere concealable and I also drilled a small pilot hole in the back of the can andput some silicone in it and run a small screw just to hold the back secure...I DRIVE THE !@#$ out of mine and they dont bounce, wiggle,or anything..Hope that helps..

post-15930-1211555594.jpg

post-15930-1211555594.jpg

Glad your install came together well. I think that I prefer the "with horse" look though. I am hoping that someone will put up some pics of the big round fogs like ours centered behind the grill. I am thinking that this may be a real cool look too.

Paint some galvanized metal roll strapping..?....Thats how I hung my 5" KC's!

That looks cool!

I've actually been inspired by this thread, and I ordered a set of OEM new take-offs, they just came in today. Because I needed another time-consuming project.

:fool:

Jer

Archived