TEAM SHELBY FORUM

PSI GAUGE

ONE--I HOPE--MORE QUESTION. DRIVING TONIGHT I NOTICED THE THE PSI GUAGE IN THE DASH--NOT THE POD--IS NOT WORKING. DOES IT GET DISCONNECTED WHEN THEY ADD THE CENTER POD.?

THANKS AGAIN

BOB

Hey, if it's disconnected - what are our options to put in its place?

Unless its something SAI changed or forgot to do on mine, but both of my guages work. Kinda funny when they both move together, but they do BOTH work.

michael morris

MIKE--MINE REALLY DOES NOT WORK---OR THE ENGINE'S GETTING READY TO BLOW--WHAT WOULD YOU SUGGEST?

BOB

MIKE--MINE REALLY DOES NOT WORK---OR THE ENGINE'S GETTING READY TO BLOW--WHAT WOULD YOU SUGGEST?

BOB

First I would email Bud and ask him if mine is right or if yours is right. This is something SAI might have changed after building a few cars or it might be up to the builders themselves. Each team might do it different. If you dont have Buds email its BudM@shelbyautos.com.

I will also ask him.

michael morris

Actually the tech will not automatically update your PCM. Only done when instructed to by a TSB, RECALL, ETC..

When taking your SS to the dealer instruct them NOT to reflash the PCM for any reason. It would be a very good idea for the SS owners to have their own calibration tool for obivious reasons.

Actually the tech will not automatically update your PCM. Only done when instructed to by a TSB, RECALL, ETC..

When taking your SS to the dealer instruct them NOT to reflash the PCM for any reason. It would be a very good idea for the SS owners to have their own calibration tool for obivious reasons.

Just had a Roush P51 here. We put 20inch wheels on the car and went into the PCM to tell it that the wheels had been changed. We DIDNT tell the PCM to update, but it did it automatic. We changed the wheel size and unplugged the computer. Started the car and the check engine light came on. We had to send the PCM back to Roush and have it reprogrammed. You dont have to believe me but when the dealer goes into the PCM the computer will AUTOMATICLY do a update.

michael morris

Just talked to the tech that worked on the P51. You can plug into the PCM and it WILL NOT update, but if the TECH tried to PROGRAM the gauge to work then the PCM will be reprogrammed. I hope this clears this up. Sorry if I had some false info earlier.

Just had a Roush P51 here. We put 20inch wheels on the car and went into the PCM to tell it that the wheels had been changed. We DIDNT tell the PCM to update, but it did it automatic. We changed the wheel size and unplugged the computer. Started the car and the check engine light came on. We had to send the PCM back to Roush and have it reprogrammed. You dont have to believe me but when the dealer goes into the PCM the computer will AUTOMATICLY do a update.

michael morris

Just talked to the tech that worked on the P51. You can plug into the PCM and it WILL NOT update, but if the TECH tried to PROGRAM the gauge to work then the PCM will be reprogrammed. I hope this clears this up. Sorry if I had some false info earlier.

Not a problem. I tend to believe that the PCM is not actually being updated to a later revision, but rather returned to the manufacture's original programming.

ONE--I HOPE--MORE QUESTION. DRIVING TONIGHT I NOTICED THE THE PSI GUAGE IN THE DASH--NOT THE POD--IS NOT WORKING. DOES IT GET DISCONNECTED WHEN THEY ADD THE CENTER POD.?

THANKS AGAIN

BOB

OK---I'D LOVE NOT TO POST THIS ONE BUT YOU GUYS ARE GREAT SO I'LL STICK MY TAIL BETWEEN MY LEGS AND 'FESS' UP. THE PSI GUAGE DOES WORK. I THOUGHT THAT IT WAS ---GULP--AN OIL PRESSURE GUAGE. WHILE DRIVING TODAY IT OCCURRS TO ME THAT IT MAY BE A BOOST GUAGE FOR THE ORIGINAL BLOWER--SO I STEP ON IT AND INSTEAD OF WATCHING THE NEW POD I GLANCED DOWN AT THE 'PSI' AND SURE AS HELL IT'S DOING A DANCE--JUST LIKE THE BOOST GUAGE IN THE POD.

CAN'T SAY MUCH MORE THAN TO TELL YOU LIKE IT IS.

BOB

OK---I'D LOVE NOT TO POST THIS ONE BUT YOU GUYS ARE GREAT SO I'LL STICK MY TAIL BETWEEN MY LEGS AND 'FESS' UP. THE PSI GUAGE DOES WORK. I THOUGHT THAT IT WAS ---GULP--AN OIL PRESSURE GUAGE. WHILE DRIVING TODAY IT OCCURRS TO ME THAT IT MAY BE A BOOST GUAGE FOR THE ORIGINAL BLOWER--SO I STEP ON IT AND INSTEAD OF WATCHING THE NEW POD I GLANCED DOWN AT THE 'PSI' AND SURE AS HELL IT'S DOING A DANCE--JUST LIKE THE BOOST GUAGE IN THE POD.

BOB

Good to hear!!

Thanks for the update Bob.

R

BOB

I'VE NEVER DONE ANYTHING THAT DUMB, BOB. WELL, I'VE NEVER DONE THAT!!

post-9604-1212065650.jpg

THIS IS THE RESULT OF WANTING TO TAKE PICTURES OF A BLACK CAR IN THE WHITE SNOW... :cry:

post-9604-1212065650.jpg

ILL TRY TO MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER AND EMBARESS MYSELF. THE FIRST TRIP MY WIFE AND I TAKE IN THE SS IS TO ORLANDO TO DISNEY. ON THE WAY DOWN I SET THE CRUISE ON 82. I FEEL THIS IS A GOOD SPEED AND SHOULDNT GET PULLED OVER. 15 MILES AFTER I SET THE CRUISE I GO UNDER A BRIDGE WITH A COP SITTING ON TOP. OF COURSE HES SCOUTING FOR 3 OTHER COPS AND I GET PULLED OVER, BUT IM NOT REALLY WORRIED SINCE IM ONLY RUNNING 82 IN A 70. HE ASKS ME FOR ALL THE INFO AND I ASK HIM WHY ARE YOU PULLING ME OVER FOR 82? HE SAYS IM RUNNING 87!! I EXPLAIN THE CAR IS NEW AND THE WHEELS AND GEAR HAVE BEEN CHANGED. I SUGGEST THAT SAI DID RECAL THE SPEEDO. HE UNDERSTAND AND TELLS THAT THE JUDGE WILL GIVE ME A BREAK, BUT STILL GIVES ME THE TICKET. SO I GET BACK ON THE ROAD SET THE CRUISE ON 78 THINKING IM RUNNING 82. AFTER A FEW MILES I LOOK DOWN AND NOTICE THAT THE SPEEDO GOES FROM 80 TO 100 NOT 80 TO 90. WHERE I THOUGHT I HAD SET THE CRUISE ON JUST PAST THE QUARTER MARK BETWEEN 80 AND 90 WAS ACTUALLY THE HALF MARK BETWEEN 80 AND 90, WHICH IS 87!!! SO THE SPEEDO IS RECALED AND I JUST A DUMBIE. SO I PAID THE TICKET AND LEARNED HOW TO READ THE SPEEDO.

BOB MY MISREADING COST ME $150 LUCKLY YOURS DIDNT COST A THING!!!!!

michael morris

I'VE NEVER DONE ANYTHING THAT DUMB, BOB. WELL, I'VE NEVER DONE THAT!!

post-9604-1212065650.jpg

THIS IS THE RESULT OF WANTING TO TAKE PICTURES OF A BLACK CAR IN THE WHITE SNOW... :cry:

:hysterical: GREAT IDEA FOR A PICTURE! JUST DIDNT TURN OUT THE WAY IT WAS SUPPOSED TOO!! THIS LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING I WOULD DO!!!! :hysterical:

michael morris

:hysterical: GREAT IDEA FOR A PICTURE! JUST DIDNT TURN OUT THE WAY IT WAS SUPPOSED TOO!! THIS LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING I WOULD DO!!!! :hysterical:

michael morris

JUST LIKE BOB, I WAS WILLING TO FACE THE MUSIC. WHEN I REALIZED THAT I WASN'T GOING TO GET THE CAR BACK ON ITS OWN, I PHONED MY WIFE WHEN THE TOW TRUCK HAD IT HITCHED, AND TOLD HER TO GET THE CAMERA OUT. WHY NOT, IT'S ONE OF LIFE'S LITTLE MOMENTS.

I WAS WALKING BEHIND THE TRUCK AS HE WAS GOING UP THE DRIVEWAY, SO I COULD WATCH THAT THE FRONT SPOILER WAS GOING TO CLEAR OKAY. SO THIS PICTURE OF ME SAYS IT ALL. I FELT PRETTY DUMB, BUT HEY! I HAD MY PICTURES!

post-9604-1212067024.jpg

post-9604-1212067024.jpg

Archived