TEAM SHELBY FORUM

She's Here!

msw.63

Okay, I finally got around to posting pics of my GT500 after I have had it for three weeks....I have 1,100 miles on it, but 750 was the drive from Fresno, CA to Chandler, AZ where I live.

The first time I ever saw one in person was when I picked this one up since I ordered it and put a deposit on it from 8,000 miles away while I was deployed to Afghanistan. You may have noticed the time stamp on my photos showing it as after 10:00 p.m. when it is clearly mid-day, well that is the time in Afghanistan, but I forgot to change the time setting when I returned six weeks ago, so you are not misreading the time.

This car is amazing!!! My only complaints (minor though they may be) are the climate controls....very much from 20 years ago compared to other vehicles I own/have owned, and the exhaust is much like my Harley--you have to upgrade it to really enjoy it.

Now I have to find a local dealer to handle my service....if anyone from the southeast Valley area in the Phoenix metro has suggestions, I would appreciate the feedback.

DSCN0419.jpg

DSCN0421.jpg

DSCN0422.jpg

DSCN0423.jpg

DSCN0425.jpg

Congrats MSW! Even from 8000 miles away you recognized the fastest color combination :bowdown:

Welcome to the Red Shelby Mafia - and most importantly of all - thank you for serving our country and coming home safely!

Mike, beautiful car!! Love the colour combination and great to see some photos at last, though the wait has been worth it :) :burnout:

Looks like you have a lovely home too.

You're one lucky guy!

Thanks! I really do like the color; looking forward to pics of yours when you get it. Send me a PM when you get a timeline. Let me know what you decide (or have to) do about your driveway.

Mike

Congrats, Nice looking ride and nice pics.

Enjoy. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Thank you. Great color combination on your car; I was actually thinking today about that exact color combination when I was thinking about what color car I would have chosen as a second choice. The one you selected looks great! How do you like the Eibach springs? Did it make much of a difference in the ride quality?

Mike

Congrats MSW! Even from 8000 miles away you recognized the fastest color combination :bowdown:

Welcome to the Red Shelby Mafia - and most importantly of all - thank you for serving our country and coming home safely!

Thank you! I cannot take credit for the color combination. I was telling a friend I was looking at red/white stripes, and they suggested the black stripes....I took a look at it, and knew I had to have it. Have you seen the GT500 wheels with the black spokes (instead of the brushed metal)? I'm considering those and am trying to find someone who has them or has seen them on a GT500.

Have you seen the GT500 wheels with the black spokes (instead of the brushed metal)? I'm considering those and am trying to find someone who has them or has seen them on a GT500.

Haven't seen the ones you mention. Here is a pic of another members' car with the CS 66 wheels in black - these would be my choice if I were to get different wheels.

post-19266-1211361443.jpg

post-19266-1211361443.jpg

Archived