TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First official kill

I was driving to go out to eat last night and a hyundai with exhaust of course revved up and i just kind of laughed and let him go. Then about 2 mins later i look in my side mirror and notice a black camaro ss coming up in the lane next to me. It was prob like a 99 or 2000 because it didn't have the headlights that sit deep in the front fascia but the headlights more just like any other car. He pulled up next to me and i looked over and he waived and as soon as his hand went back down he downshifted. As soon as i heard it down shift i switched to the other lane to my right since it was a four lane interstate each way. I was doing about 70 and downshifted to 3rd and i hit it, when i looked in my mirror i was doing about 115 and he was prob 7 or 8 lengths behind me. I think he saw he didn't have a chance and saved his self the embarrassment. That's my first kill of anything respectable (civics, tiburons, integras, etc. don't count). Damn this thing is fast!

post-20427-1211124336.jpg

post-20427-1211124336.jpg

YOUR RED STRIPED VERT IS AWESOME LOOKING AND RARE. ENJOY IT AND PUNCH DOWN !!!

I AM CURRENTLY CONVERTING MY G.O. VERT TO HAVE BLACK STRIPES. NOTHING SWEETER THAN A STRIPED VERT.

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Beautiful car. But, as to the street racing, we are all better served by shying away from it. You did it as safely as one can (moving over a lane) but it still comes down to trusting that the other driver knows what he or she is doing. All the data I have collected (informal and from the 60's I confess) is that, most times, the other driver is not all that skilled in the racing department. I close as I opened: Beautiful car. Jim

I AM CURRENTLY CONVERTING MY G.O. VERT TO HAVE BLACK STRIPES. NOTHING SWEETER THAN A STRIPED VERT.

Just check out my avatar!

Not condoning street racing; but you gotta love your first kill! I took a new vette (still had the temp in the rear window) just last week. We were pretty even off the line; but when I hit second, it felt like I was shot out of a cannon. By third I had 4-5 car lengths on him. We both backed off and acted our age again. He pulled along side and gave me a thumbs up. I think the temp will be replaced with a For Sale sign soon!

• BMW M3 -- this guy was pissed he lost so bad with girl friend next door
  • GTO (New) -- more to satisfy my curiousity because of all the big engine press. NOT!
  • Corvette - Corvette - Corvette -- Because I can't stand them. No winners to date. Waitin on the 605 hp.
  • Suburu WSX Turbo -- Shut the young man down.
  • Camaro -- Came along way, out of his way only to lose miserably.
  • Older SVT Cobra -- Obnioxous youth needed a road whipping
  • Mercedes (Sports model) -- Rich guy thought he had something. HA, HA, HA.
  • Ninja Motorcycle -- Got him at the hole shot. Low skills out done by years of drivin.
  • Pontiac Solice (new) -- Bored
  • and the rest of the pesty little Fast Furious jokesters aren't worth the gas spent...

My game, shoot'em down in a short blast of "WHAT WAS THAT!!!" power.

Just enough to show the curious...don't even think about it.

Love this car...and now that I have it out of my system, it's total cruisin' and all the good tunes I can handle.

Airborne

Archived