TEAM SHELBY FORUM

WHAT WAS YOUR CARS REAR WHEEL H.P. WHEN DYNOED ; STOCK

MY GT500 VERT HAS 526 MILES ON IT ; AND I JUST GOT IT BACK FROM THE MOD SHOP. I WAS WONDERING WHAT EVERBODIES BEFORE AND AFTER NUMBERS ARE AND HOW MANY MILES WHERE ON YOUR CAR WHEN IT WAS DYNOED.

MINE STOCK WAS 416 RWHP N 426 LBS TORQUE. THEN AFTER MODS. COLD AIR , SCT TUNE , 160 THEMOSTAT ; PORTED MATCHED N POLISHED STOCK THROTTLEBODY - INTAKE AND SUPERCHARGER WITH 2.6 PULLEY. ALSO A 3 " MAGNAFLOW CATBACK SYSTEM AND STOCK RING N PINION. THOSE MODS. GAVE ME 556 RWHP N 53O LBS TORQUE. THAT'S IS 667.2 AT THE MOTOR.

THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS ; FOR YOUR REPLIES WITH POWER NUMBERS AND MODS , MILEAGE.

Thanks kaylan, your numbers are good for stock hp, I did notice that when they did my stock pulls on the dyno that they backed out of the throttle at 5,500 to 5,800 rpms. I would guess they could have pulled a little longer ON MINE ; up tp 6200 rpms. On my final pull after the mods they took the rpm up tp 6200 rpms.

thanks for the feed back

Thanks SRK1959 for the HP numbers; your coupes stock #'s where awesome. What was your vert 's numbers when stock

Unfortunately I was too anxious to do my first mod on the vert (the stage 2) that I didn't even dyno it stock. I wish I had so I could have seen how close the 2 were. I didn't know at the time I was putting the stage 2 on the vert that I would be buying the coupe.

Fwiw, when we were at Dearborn, the Romeo techs told us that when they occasionally dyno one they consistently make betw 511-517 at the crank -- so that's low-mid 440s at the wheels.

Dan

The ones I have seen have all been around that number on dynojets.

WHO'S GOT STOCK DYNO NUMBERS ; PLEASE POST THEM ; YOUR BEFORE AND AFTER DYNO NUMBERS WITH YOUR MODS AND MILES.

THANKS EVERYBODY FOR YOUR INPUT.

COBRA SCOTTY

MY GT500 VERT HAS 526 MILES ON IT ; AND I JUST GOT IT BACK FROM THE MOD SHOP. I WAS WONDERING WHAT EVERBODIES BEFORE AND AFTER NUMBERS ARE AND HOW MANY MILES WHERE ON YOUR CAR WHEN IT WAS DYNOED.

MINE STOCK WAS 416 RWHP N 426 LBS TORQUE. THEN AFTER MODS. COLD AIR , SCT TUNE , 160 THEMOSTAT ; PORTED MATCHED N POLISHED STOCK THROTTLEBODY - INTAKE AND SUPERCHARGER WITH 2.6 PULLEY. ALSO A 3 " MAGNAFLOW CATBACK SYSTEM AND STOCK RING N PINION. THOSE MODS. GAVE ME 556 RWHP N 53O LBS TORQUE. THAT'S IS 667.2 AT THE MOTOR.

THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS ; FOR YOUR REPLIES WITH POWER NUMBERS AND MODS , MILEAGE.

my '08 stock was 414 rwhp with around 402 tourque

Mods: FRPP SGT axle backs

JLT CAI kit

Dyno tune (2......one for the hot summer months here in texas...............i.e. won't run lean in the high end...........and one for

normal temp driving months)

Mods were done around 1500 miles

Summer tune: 482 rwhp and in the range of 465 tourque

Normal tune: 497 rwhp and 482 tourque

Trying to keep everything as bolt on for the time being. i'm sure a supercharger upgrade (KB) and pulley switch will be in my future at somepoint, but like the safety of the warranties right now.

HEY MADMAX, NICE DYNO NUMBERS. MINE ARE ALMOST IDENTICAL. PAUL SVINICKI TUNED MY CAR ALSO. THERE IS NOBODY BETTER THAN HIM AND THE ONLY TUNER I TRUST. THANKS FOR THE POST. BY THE WAY WHAT COLOR IS YOURS. I SAW A WHITE COUPE AND A BLACK VERT WHEN I WAS THERE A WEEK AGO ; WHERE ONE OF THOSES YOURS. MINE WAS THE GRABBER ORANGE VERT.

COBRA SCOTTY

HEY MADMAX, NICE DYNO NUMBERS. MINE ARE ALMOST IDENTICAL. PAUL SIVINICKI TUNED MY CAR ALSO. THERE IS NOBODY BETTER THAN HIM AND HTE ONLY TUNER I TRUST. THANKS FOR THE POST. BY THE WAY WHAT COLOR IS YOURS. I SAW A WHITE COUPE AND A BLACK VERT WHEN I WAS THERE A WEEK AGO ; WHERE ONE OF THOSES YOURS. MINE WAS THE GRABBER ORANGE VERT.

COBRA SCOTTY

I am in Minnesota. I used DB Performance to tune, but Paul promised +121 at the rear, and we got that and a little more. Not to mention our tune and set up has been stable for a year, and that wins big points with me.

Plug and play! Love it!

Mine did only 340-370 rwhp stock. There's a thread on this from last year - I was freaking. It was a warm day and the car got hot. The a/f mixtuire was bad. I learned that the stock tune dumps fuel to keep the cats cool when the engine gets hot. You can see in my sig - I've since had 550-570 rwhp consistently with the Evo/JLT CAI/pulley/tune.

Now if I could just get the tranny, clutch and flywheel replaced - I might be able to drive it.

I'm wondering what those dips at 3300 and 5500 are on the HiTech dyno chart earlier in this thread.

Looks like they preserved Ford's conservative throwing-fuel-on-the-cats (to cool them) as GT500flyboy mentioned.

I've never seen those dips on an Evo tune. :shrug:

AMEN, NOTHiNG LIKE A TUNE THAT IS STABLE AND THAT YOU CAN COUNT ON DAY AFTER DAY AFTER . THIS WAS WHY I HAVE HAD 4 CARS CUSTOMED TUNED BY PAUL. THATS WHY PAULS HIGH PERFORMANCE ROCKS !!! NOT TO MENTION HE HAS DONE WELL OVER 2 MILLION DOLLARS IN DEVELOPMENT AND TUNNING FOR FORD CORPORATE. I GUESS THAT SAYS IT ALL.

post-18850-1211854842.jpg

post-18850-1211854842.jpg

• 1 month later...

Stock 400 RWHP. Temperature was 99 degrees in shop, low humidity and 30 mg barometric pressure. I had driven the car 45 minutes to get to dyno shop, over roads probably in the 120 degree range, and car only sat for about 15 minutes before a pull, so we had a very hot engine with cats and hot ambient. I suspect 30 - 40 more RWHP with cool engine and 75 degree ambient.

I'm wondering what those dips at 3300 and 5500 are on the HiTech dyno chart earlier in this thread.

Looks like they preserved Ford's conservative throwing-fuel-on-the-cats (to cool them) as GT500flyboy mentioned.

I've never seen those dips on an Evo tune. :shrug:

Are you referring to MadMax post 17?.....What is interesting about it is how the A/F is sub 12 may be 11 and steady .....with that horse power generated this is a killer tune, whoever did it is an ACE.

Mine did only 340-370 rwhp stock. There's a thread on this from last year - I was freaking. It was a warm day and the car got hot. The a/f mixtuire was bad. I learned that the stock tune dumps fuel to keep the cats cool when the engine gets hot. You can see in my sig - I've since had 550-570 rwhp consistently with the Evo/JLT CAI/pulley/tune.

Now if I could just get the tranny, clutch and flywheel replaced - I might be able to drive it.

Here was my stock dyno at its worst. Check the a/f mix.

th_dyno001-1.jpgth_dyno.jpg

Here's the dyno after the Evo Stage II.

th_CCI12212007_00000.jpg

Here's the dyno shootout from April. I had told the guy to ignore the SVT light and let the thing go over 6200. Notice he backed-off when the SVT light came on and then hit it again. I'm wondering what the numbers would have been.

th_CCI07102008_00000.jpg

I hope to have a dyno done at Evo tomorrow. That will show the change since the lower pulley, monoplane TB, and 3.73 rear were done.

Are you referring to MadMax post 17?.....What is interesting about it is how the A/F is sub 12 may be 11 and steady .....with that horse power generated this is a killer tune, whoever did it is an ACE.

yeah, post 17 ... looks like some fuel being dumped on the cats to cool them from about 4200-5600 rpm, but power peaks where you'd expect it to (about 6000). Not as much fuel-dump as 'stock' (just a guess -- depends on actual cat temps) but I would not expect to see that dip in a custom tune. Ford does it to help the cats live longer (since Ford is responsible for replacing them at their expense if they fail prematurely) at the expense of some power. Smoothing is set to 5 on that chart so that's why you see most of the smaller 'wiggles.' Notice that the red-line (run-2?) has almost no dip and hit the best nums as a result.

The shape of the curves in post 24 look better to me :shrug: but 530s with stage-2/2.6 seems low (h-pipe, axlebacks but stock headers) -- possibly weather (temp/humidity/baro-pressure) or altitude is the reason. Power seems to peak considerably earlier than I'd expect too (5600) but that could be stock headers/pipes(?), yet near 12.0 A/F is a bit on the lean side , if anything, for this engine -- seems to say the tuner tried to get all he could so I have to wonder on ambient conditions and altitude.

John's (flyboy) has the numbers you'd expect from Evo stage-2. ;-) Looks like on the 'full-rpm' pull the operator flinched on the gas anyway when the SVT light lit?

Just some thoughts since it's hard to tell from just the displayed data. All three could be roughly comparable under identical conditions with identical mods.

Archived