TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford GT replica wheels

ratnacage

• 2 years later...

I wonder if they sold out to American Muscle. I was on their site the other day, and they had these wheels listed as GT4 wheels in sizes 18x9 and 18/10 with a lip for the wider size.

They also indicate that they will fit and clear the brembo brakes on our cars.

Nice looking wheels, and they priced cheap.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/18x10-gt4-0509-chrome.html

I wonder if they sold out to American Muscle. I was on their site the other day, and they had these wheels listed as GT4 wheels in sizes 18x9 and 18/10 with a lip for the wider size.

They also indicate that they will fit and clear the brembo brakes on our cars.

Nice looking wheels, and they priced cheap.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/18x10-gt4-0509-chrome.html

Yeah, they are a lot cheaper than the FRPP Ford GT front and rear wheels. I paid $3K for the FRPP Ford GT wheels. Granted the FRPP wheels are made by BBS and are forged. I would bet that the cheaper American Muscle and others are Chinese made.

Yeah, they are a lot cheaper than the FRPP Ford GT front and rear wheels. I paid $3K for the FRPP Ford GT wheels. Granted the FRPP wheels are made by BBS and are forged. I would bet that the cheaper American Muscle and others are Chinese made.

Wow - were you able to get the Ford GT wheels on your GT500 ? Are those rear's 19" tall and very wide ?

Yes, I am with you, and I bet these wheels are made overseas also. I asked them the weight on the wheels, and they told me that the fronts weigh 25.5 lbs and the rears weigh 31 lbs, so they are definately not forged.

Seems like a big difference in weight for just 1 inch of width.

Wow - were you able to get the Ford GT wheels on your GT500 ? Are those rear's 19" tall and very wide ?

Yes, I am with you, and I bet these wheels are made overseas also. I asked them the weight on the wheels, and they told me that the fronts weigh 25.5 lbs and the rears weigh 31 lbs, so they are definately not forged.

Seems like a big difference in weight for just 1 inch of width.

The Ford GT front wheels are 18x9, the rears are 19x11.5. I haven't tried the fitment on the rear yet. If necessary I will have 1" taken out by Weldcraft. I know the front wheels will work ok. Believe it or not this is the third set of wheels that I have bought for the GT500.

The Ford GT front wheels are 18x9, the rears are 19x11.5. I haven't tried the fitment on the rear yet. If necessary I will have 1" taken out by Weldcraft. I know the front wheels will work ok. Believe it or not this is the third set of wheels that I have bought for the GT500.

That should look fanastic on this car. The staggered (18" front-19"rear) sounds perfect. Please post whatever your results are. Good luck

That should look fanastic on this car. The staggered (18" front-19"rear) sounds perfect. Please post whatever your results are. Good luck

I've got the 18s on my GT, have had them on for a while. I will probably go with the Alcoas, but it is a tough call.

I have the same color GT500 so it's easy to see what they would look like:

JEFFS2%20016.jpg

PennyStoptech_001_SE2.jpg

PennyStoptech_007_SE2.jpg

I've got the 18s on my GT, have had them on for a while. I will probably go with the Alcoas, but it is a tough call.

I have the same color GT500 so it's easy to see what they would look like:

PennyStoptech_007_SE2.jpg

What size 18"'s in the rear do you have? Do the 18 x 10 have this deep dish lip to them?

mustangtuning_2044_40969086.jpg

mustangtuning_2044_40969086.jpg

Today I got a chance to install the Baer Shelby GT500 rear 14" 2-piece Eradispeed Plus Brake Upgrade Kit. So before I started the install I decided to try the fitment of the Ford GT rear 19"x 11.5" wheels. See Pics. There is only 3/4" clearance between the rear shock and the rim. Back to the drawing board!

post-19964-1236476052_thumb.jpg

post-19964-1236476075_thumb.jpg

post-19964-1236476090_thumb.jpg

post-19964-1236476116_thumb.jpg

post-19964-1236476133_thumb.jpg

post-19964-1236476150_thumb.jpg

Today I got a chance to install the Baer Shelby GT500 rear 14" 2-piece Eradispeed Plus Brake Upgrade Kit. So before I started the install I decided to try the fitment of the Ford GT rear 19"x 11.5" wheels. See Pics. There is about 3/4" clearance. Back to the drawing board!

3/4" clearance where? Are you still considering taking a inch from the width or is this just not possible.

Thanks for posting photos.

I really want to see the GT 18s on the front and 19s on the rear so bad. I think this would look so sexy on this car.

:lurk:

3/4" clearance where? Are you still considering taking a inch from the width or is this just not possible.

Thanks for posting photos.

I really want to see the GT 18s on the front and 19s on the rear so bad. I think this would look so sexy on this car.

:lurk:

3/4" between the rear shock and the rim. I can bump them out with spacers to get more clearance. I personally don't like that wheel and tire protuding outside of the fenderwell look.

Archived