TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1989 Shelby CSX Insurance Auction

Although this CSX has already been auctioned off I thought I would use it as an example of how some Shelby Dodge cars are written off because of the cost for the unique Shelby parts.

Not sure what happened to this car but all it really needed was a front & rear Shelby spoiler to get it back into pre-accident shape. The problem is that these spoilers were unique parts installed by Shelby Autos back in 1989 and are no longer available from Chrysler so the insurance company wrote the car off. The parts are available used.

I would love to know what State Farm gave their customer to settle the claim. The car was worth about $4k before the accident and I suspect that the owner got much less than that for the car.

A few people have asked what car number this one was. It was CSX #362

Heres a link to the insurance auction pics:

CSX 362

Steve

Steve

How did you get ahold of the number of the car, and what else did you manage to find out about it (did it sell/was it saved, or did it unfortunately get scrapped? :( ) I tried emailing the auction company not too long ago but they would not give me any information about it. I wish I had the extra $$$$ and time to fly out and get the simple thing. I'd bring it home and sit along side #414.

Do tell us if you found out if it was saved though!

How did you get ahold of the number of the car,

Lets just say I have my ways :burnout:

Do tell us if you found out if it was saved though!

Well it was sold so I'd imagine that it will be back on the road. But then again I've had people contact me who have bought a Shelby Dodge just for the tranny and junked the rest of the car :club:

Only time will tell if we see #362 back on the road.

Steve

Archived