TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So Let me get this straight

gradona

Am I missing something or do I have to pay a yearly subscription fee to shop in the "Shelby" store??? :fool:

Just what I want to do, Pay admission to someone's store so I can give them more money :banghead:

Tell me I'm wrong and explain how I can look in the store, Please.

I can't answer your question...but hey, us paying members should get some benifits, right?

I can't answer your question...but hey, us paying members should be some benifits, right?

If you think it's a benefit to pay someone so you can buy from them then yes you are right :drop:

I was born on a day, It just wasn't Yesterday :hysterical3:

If you think it's a benefit to pay someone so you can buy from them then yes you are right :drop:

I was born on a day, It just wasn't Yesterday :hysterical3:

The membership provides many benefits; this may just be one of them. If so, that's fine with me!

The membership provides many benefits; this may just be one of them. If so, that's fine with me!

I'm not lookin for a fight, I just want to look in the Store. If the only way to do that is to pay a yearly fee then I'll be making my purchases elsewhere. Since I just Paid $50,000 for a vehicle I don't feel right spending another $50.00 for the priveledge of purchasing accessories. JMHO

I'm not lookin for a fight, I just want to look in the Store. If the only way to do that is to pay a yearly fee then I'll be making my purchases elsewhere.

We didn't pay for the store. The store was added as an extra benefit to members where members can buy things at a discount.

If you are not a member then you will have to purchase someone else. At regular prices as well.

We didn't pay for the store. The store was added as an extra benefit to members where members can buy things at a discount.

If you are not a member then you will have to purchase someone else. At regular prices as well.

OK, Now I get it. Sorta like SAM'S Club.

I'm not lookin for a fight, I just want to look in the Store. If the only way to do that is to pay a yearly fee then I'll be making my purchases elsewhere. Since I just Paid $50,000 for a vehicle I don't feel right spending another $50.00 for the priveledge of purchasing accessories. JMHO

I didn't think you were looking for a fight; sorry if my writing made it appear that way. See other responses, above. Personally I don't see a problem with becoming a dues paying member of a club, and then the club offering members-only items, and paid a lot less than $50K.

The $50 membership is to be a member of the Team Shelby Club. A club for Shelby enthusiast of all Shelby vehicles: 60's Mustangs, Cobras, S197Mustangs, Shelby Dodges, Tigers and GT40s and whatever else. The $50 is not to purchase items from a store. Yes our club leadership has made it a requirement to be a Team Shelby Member to look in the store. If you don't like it, sorry.

However, you are more then welcome to join Team Shelby. Team Shelby has already hosted one huge event and been a participant in several others. This Summer, Team Shelby is a huge part of the Mid America Shelby event in Tulsa. In October there is a member only event going on in Terilingua.

The $50 is for Team Shelby club membership not a store membership. If you don't wish to be a Team Shelby member you can also check out some cool stuff at shelbyperformanceparts.com

And as Mastermech pointed out, you aren't missing much anyways.

Thank You, Everyone for the responses. I mean no disrespect for other members. I am, and have been for 30 years, a Parts Dept. Manager for a Ford dealership and have access to Wholesale pricing for Ford, as well as Motorsport, Pricing. I have already made some purchases for my baby (Cold air induction Kit) through Ford MotorSport and I'm pleased with the quality as well as the price I paid. I, however, don't quite understand the concept of the "Sam's Club" mentality of selling parts and accesories for such a beautiful and unique vehicle that, obviously, only a few enthusiasts are going to purchase.

Keep in mind, this is JMHO.

Now, Carry on.

Grant

Perhaps you are missing this point. The only thing sold in the store is Team Shelby merchandise and a few GT500 T-shirts. Currently there are only 7 shirts, 2 banners, a sticker, and a GT500 book available. I know some of the items (the Terilingua sticker & GT500 book) are available elsewhere. Frankly, there are better looking GT500 shirts available at the FRPP store.

You aren't missing any parts for your car. If you haven't already, I suggest checking out http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/ It is free......................until you confirm your order.

Am I missing something or do I have to pay a yearly subscription fee to shop in the "Shelby" store??? :fool:

Just what I want to do, Pay admission to someone's store so I can give them more money :banghead:

Tell me I'm wrong and explain how I can look in the store, Please.

this irritated me too - i just want a mean bunny sticker or patch. :banghead: oh well. somebody on ebay will take my money.

I think many here have not really made a good point to join Tem Shelby....

Just the stuff I got when I joined was worth it to me, Nice key chain that I have noe seen anywhere, a $10.00 poker chip good towards future purchases....a nice magazine, subscription to the online newsletter, discounts negociated with other vendors...I just order some stuff form AtoZ racing, and I am supposed to get 10% off my order which will equal around $20.00

There was also stickers for "Team Shelby", a membership card, etc.....I just looked at it as a thing to do....related to the marque.

I to date am happy with my membership, and feel it was $$$ well spent, and has given me further $$ value on other purchases.

I think many here have not really made a good point to join Tem Shelby....

Just the stuff I got when I joined was worth it to me, Nice key chain that I have noe seen anywhere, a $10.00 poker chip good towards future purchases....a nice magazine, subscription to the online newsletter, discounts negociated with other vendors...I just order some stuff form AtoZ racing, and I am supposed to get 10% off my order which will equal around $20.00

There was also stickers for "Team Shelby", a membership card, etc.....I just looked at it as a thing to do....related to the marque.

I to date am happy with my membership, and feel it was $$$ well spent, and has given me further $$ value on other purchases.

That does sound like some good swag as well as a compelling argument to join - thanks!

Perhaps you are missing this point. The only thing sold in the store is Team Shelby merchandise and a few GT500 T-shirts. Currently there are only 7 shirts, 2 banners, a sticker, and a GT500 book available. I know some of the items (the Terilingua sticker & GT500 book) are available elsewhere. Frankly, there are better looking GT500 shirts available at the FRPP store.

You aren't missing any parts for your car. If you haven't already, I suggest checking out http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/ It is free......................until you confirm your order.

Now, I see. The merchandise sold is exclusive to Team Shelby and only consists of T-Shirts, Memorabilia, Etc. That I can understand. There was, however, no way for me to know that since I couldn't look. It would have been self explanitory, and made more sense, If I could look but, as a non member, not be able to buy. Seems to me they would get more members if non-members were able to see what they can buy if they become members.

Now, I see. The merchandise sold is exclusive to Team Shelby and only consists of T-Shirts, Memorabilia, Etc. That I can understand. There was, however, no way for me to know that since I couldn't look. It would have been self explanitory, and made more sense, If I could look but, as a non member, not be able to buy. Seems to me they would get more members if non-members were able to see what they can buy if they become members.

Gotta love newbies :surrender:

Archived