TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Seatbelt cuts into my neck

At 5'11" I guess I'm not the typical height for a Mustang owner. That seatbelt cuts into my neck. I've tried various seat positions but nothing seems to help.

Has anyone found a solution to help with this?

At 5'11" I guess I'm not the typical height for a Mustang owner. That seatbelt cuts into my neck. I've tried various seat positions but nothing seems to help.

I have a suggestion, but you won't like it.

:hysterical:

Hey there,

How about a set of seats like these. They use OEM power and OEM mounts. A little costly (about $1750 per seat), but they work very well. You can pretty much choose your material and color.

IE_Seat_red_blk2.jpg

IE_front_seat_back_view2.jpg

Page, how to you resolve the side airbag sensor issue with those or any other aftermarket seat?

Havent sold a set of these yet - but am told the side airbag sensor is in the seat.

Meaning that the sensors come out with the factory seats, right? If I'm correct in that assumption, do you know if the SRS system will trigger a failure light on the dash when the factory seats are removed?

Phone Book :hysterical::hysterical3::hysterical:

I have just the opposite problem. Im 6'4" and its hard to get the seat so that I can keep my head off the headliner and not reclined so far that I cant shift gears, but WE will figure out some way to drive these AWESOME cars :superhero:

michael morris

I have the same problem. Anyone got a solution we might like??

I have the same issue too. One idea that I have been kicking around in the vast, dark, empty space called my brain, was to sew about a 16" long by 1/8" wide strip of somesort of smooth but resilient materal (Silk, Neoprene?) just on the edge of the belt folded over where it makes contact with my neck. Materal that's strong enough to buffer the nylon edge of the belt from my neck, but soft enough to roll up and retract with the belt too. I have tried one of those neck pads they sell for this problem, but they are a royal pain in the ass because the pad never stays in place and ends up "walking" down the belt and away from the part of the belt that's cutting into my neck.

I know this is a stupid question, but I have to ask. You have slid the seat beat up and down on the pillar? I know its a dumb question, but if I didnt ask :banghead:

michael morris

Perhaps this is a difference between the 07-08. The belt doesn't have the ability to adjust up and down on the post like every other car I own.

My wife had the idea of putting a big paper clip on the belt so that when the belt retracts it will stop at the clip. It actually works but then the shoulder portion is a little loose.

Maybe we can think of something better.

Don't know if this will help but the 08 shoulder harness is different form the 07. The 08 has some type of extension that put the shoulder harness closer to the front edge of the seat rather than behind the seat like on the 07. Unfortunately we have not been able to come up with a part number for it as it will come off and can be added to an 07. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Gary :shift:

Don't know if this will help but the 08 shoulder harness is different form the 07. The 08 has some type of extension that put the shoulder harness closer to the front edge of the seat rather than behind the seat like on the 07. Unfortunately we have not been able to come up with a part number for it as it will come off and can be added to an 07. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Gary :shift:

I know what your talking about. I will look it up in parts tomorrow morning.

michael morris

I have the same issue too. One idea that I have been kicking around in the vast, dark, empty space called my brain, was to sew about a 16" long by 1/8" wide strip of somesort of smooth but resilient materal (Silk, Neoprene?) just on the edge of the belt folded over where it makes contact with my neck. Materal that's strong enough to buffer the nylon edge of the belt from my neck, but soft enough to roll up and retract with the belt too. I have tried one of those neck pads they sell for this problem, but they are a royal pain in the ass because the pad never stays in place and ends up "walking" down the belt and away from the part of the belt that's cutting into my neck.

I have seen and purchased a set of velcoed fabric belt covers used for babies for that purpose - maybe a bigger one can be made for adults made out of soft fabric or a foam material.

my 2c -

I think the adjustable belt on the 08s fixes this problem, as I am 5'11" as well and have no problem with the seatbelt. I do, however, have the little arm that swivels back and forth set in the forward position, which keeps the belt away from my neck. Hopefully then can retrofit this.

I think i'm the only guy who wears the seatbelt under my arm, as opposed to over my shoulder? Been doing this for many years and had one cop try to write me for it (improper use of a seatbelt). I just can't wear it over my shoulder because it bothers the living hell out of me no matter what car/truck/bus/train/plane i'm in.

And yes, was even in a horrific accident once and i didn't break any ribs. Not something i'm condoning, just throwing it out there.

I think i'm the only guy who wears the seatbelt under my arm, as opposed to over my shoulder? Been doing this for many years and had one cop try to write me for it (improper use of a seatbelt). I just can't wear it over my shoulder because it bothers the living hell out of me no matter what car/truck/bus/train/plane i'm in.

And yes, was even in a horrific accident once and i didn't break any ribs. Not something i'm condoning, just throwing it out there.

Next ride I'm going to try that.

Archived