TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Turtle Wax ICE Liquid Claybar...your thoughts

CRQuarto

I was at autozone picking up a giant bottle of meguiars quick detailer, when I noticed the ICE liquid claybar. Now, I love using meguiars clay bars, but I also love ICE polish. Has anyone here used both, and have a good comparison of them? Is one faster to use than the other? Better or same level of cleaning?

I was at autozone picking up a giant bottle of meguiars quick detailer, when I noticed the ICE liquid claybar. Now, I love using meguiars clay bars, but I also love ICE polish. Has anyone here used both, and have a good comparison of them? Is one faster to use than the other? Better or same level of cleaning?

I used the liquid clay bar on my GT's the very first time, but used a Meguiars real claybar kit on my other vehicles. I think if you could find a good quality clay bar standalone I would just buy a bigger quantity of either Meguiars or Ice detailer. I was not able to find just clay. I still have one bar from the two bar kit left and I did two vehicles with the one. It's still clean but I'll toss it and use the new one next time.

I used the Ice polish (solid) on them though.

their is no such thing as a "liquid clay bar " :nonono:

I use Meguiars detailing clay (they have 2 types - mild & aggressive) & follow it up with Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 and then after each drive I wipe her down with Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer

http://www.meguiars.com/whatsnew/2008Previ...nsumer_products

CLAY BARS

Here's links from previous posts on this subject:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&p=356944

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&p=425769

The only thing I will say is that after using the ICE, I've settled on not using the wax any more, and I'm using the Detailer on hoses and plastic. I've stocked back up on the Zaino, and I'll probably stick with it for the car finish.

Here's a great topic on detailing, by Show Car. He recommends products I have not used.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&p=358447

After reading this and some of his links, I'll be skipping the Dawn, and the next time I claybar, it will be with clay.

I used it once last year and it SUCKED!!

Also don't let this stuff touch ANYTHING plastic... turns it powder gray and is near impossible to remove. If you don;t notice it for a few days, it will be scarred for life (some leaked under my hood onto part of my Shaker assembly on the SRT8... ruined that spot it was on).

Tried the ICE Liquid Clay Bar on my Xterra and 98 Mustang, when I still had her. Didn't seem to do anything really - help with the tree sap a bit, but think that was also just my elbow grease. I'd say try something else that the people above recommended.

I use Clay Magic = the original clay bar. - www.claymagic.net

You need to use with a "clay bar lube" spray.

Others sell the same carbon copy product.

Mother's:

www.mothers.com/products/ - Claybar with "Showtime" = spray lube.

Showtime spray also will double as a quick exterior detailer.

They sell it as a kit at automotive retail stores. ie - Autozone, Checkers, PepBoys

Meguiar's:

www.meguiars.com - Claybar with "Ultimate Quik Detailer" = spray lube.

They sell it as a kit at automotive retail stores. ie - Autozone, Checkers, PepBoys

Adam's Polishes

http://www.adamspolishes.com/c-11-detail-spray.aspx

Goto Costco.com - if you are a member. They have great prices in their online automotive section for microfiber towels. Do not use anything else on your exterior paint than a microfiber towel.

I also use the CR Spotless Water System for car washing. Works great. Practically spot-free.

I had HORRIBLE fall out on the rear bumper of my white 'stang. like a black dust that would go away, just to come back again. I had the same results, whether I used the LIquid Claybar, or had one of our detailer use the real thing, In other words, I am very sastisfied with the Liquid claybar on a cost to comparison basis.

I had HORRIBLE fall out on the rear bumper of my white 'stang. like a black dust that would go away, just to come back again. I had the same results, whether I used the LIquid Claybar, or had one of our detailer use the real thing, In other words, I am very sastisfied with the Liquid claybar on a cost to comparison basis.

I mentioned in one of my posts reference above that the Liquid Claybar took off the easy stuff. It does.

However, there's a lot of little crap that it leaves behind. So, at first, I was going to use the Liquid, followed by a real clay bar for the stuff it missed.

Show Car has a link that convinced me that it's not just the stuff you see, but a bunch of stuff that you don't see that makes a difference. Therefore, I'm just going to skip the liquid, and do the whole car with clay.

Again, for a quickie removal of easy imperfections, I thing the Liquid Claybar will work.

Archived