TEAM SHELBY FORUM

gt500 black/red?

hi guys new member does any1 know if they made the black coupe with red stripes in 08 i know its limited but dont see any from 08.

well im asking because im looking to trade in my gt and get a gt500 and the dealer said he would trade shelbys with other dealers to get the one i want.

also what options do you recommend?

If money isn't a concern, get HID headlights for sure. I like having the shaker 1000 versus the 500, but I would have also liked to have gotten the navigation. I have the ambient lighting and premium interior upgrade.

If you can find a black/red combo one, that would be very very nice! I think someone here can find out the numbers/colors for the remaining cars out there....not sure who, I saw it posted a little while back. Maybe Michael Morris?

If money isn't a concern, get HID headlights for sure. I like having the shaker 1000 versus the 500, but I would have also liked to have gotten the navigation. I have the ambient lighting and premium interior upgrade.

If you can find a black/red combo one, that would be very very nice! I think someone here can find out the numbers/colors for the remaining cars out there....not sure who, I saw it posted a little while back. Maybe Michael Morris?

navigation isnt worth it to me, i can buy a pioneer z2 for 1500 and it has a 30 gig harddrive and its a double din.. i hate factory navi unless they are integrated into the car's controls like on audis and bmws were you can change ride hieght and all that jazz.

ambient lighting is what i want, hid would be cool but at this point its whatever is in the car i find... just want to know if they are made in 08 and if any are around!!

the black /red combo holds a certain spot in my heart.. (because of my grandfather R.I.P.)

thats a heart breaker micheal.... ugh idk now 07s didnt have ambient lighting did they?

well the main thing is coupe. mycolor,ambeint lighting, shaker system (dont care 500 or 1000 i plan to throw in a different subwoofer in the back anyways. most likely the jl audio stealth box any1 have it?)

hids are after that...

what other options are there? thats all i know. there a site i can check out like a build my gt500?

colors would be black/redstripe

or all black or red with black stripes..

thats a heart breaker micheal.... ugh idk now 07s didnt have ambient lighting did they?

well the main thing is coupe. mycolor,ambeint lighting, shaker system (dont care 500 or 1000 i plan to throw in a different subwoofer in the back anyways. most likely the jl audio stealth box any1 have it?)

hids are after that...

what other options are there? thats all i know. there a site i can check out like a build my gt500?

colors would be black/redstripe

or all black or red with black stripes..

I'm partial to the premium trim package. Kinda takes down the generic inside look a little.

any luck on a black/red coupe at a dealer??

Do you want a 07 with red stripe or 08 red with black stripe?

Your dealer friend can look these cars up on fmcdealer.com. He will have to call each dealer and ask if they will trade, but he CAN do it.

I take it from an earlier post that you want to trade at you BUDDIES dealership? Is that right?

michael morris

well i call him my buddie because he gave me a great deal on my limited edition f150, and said he would give me a deal on the gt500.

id like to see if i can find a black with red stripe coupe with a shaker system and how much was the ambient lighting upgrade if u wanted it as aftermarket? is it worth it? any1 have pictures? premium trim package aswell.

if not then ill look for a red with black stripes.

thanks alot guys for all the answers..I really appreciate it.

Here you go...I found one for you but it is an 07.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-Mustan...0233533021&

That's a good looking car - but personally I'd take an '08 in red w/black stripes at sticker rather than an '07 just to get the red stripe package. I am a little biased tough :happy feet:

Here's a pic of mine - loaded including nav. If you could find one with the base Shaker 500 without nav then for $1500 you could get an aftermarket sound system with built in nav and have the best of both worlds. The are very few GT500s out there delivered without either the Shaker 1000 or nav pre-installed.

post-19266-1210992854.jpg

post-19266-1210992854.jpg

they want to give me 16k for my gt and i owe around 19 on it.

they want 10k down payment and 706 a month for 84 months for the shelby.. isnt that alot? it comes out to me paying 69k for the shelby after all is said and done.

let me know ur thoughts.

ambient lighting is available through your Ford Parts Department for aftermarket install.

Got to be relatively expensive to install.

How much of the interior has to be disassembled? Are the interior wiring harnesses prewired for this?

they want to give me 16k for my gt and i owe around 19 on it.

they want 10k down payment and 706 a month for 84 months for the shelby.. isnt that alot? it comes out to me paying 69k for the shelby after all is said and done.

let me know ur thoughts.

Is that $69k after making all the payments for 84 months which would include the interest or is that $69k total price that is the amount you are financing?

What year is your GT?

What price are they selling you the GT500 for? MSRP? Over MSRP?

thats 69k after the downpayment and all the payments.. they are selling it to me for 50k.. but ill try to haggle him down alittle more.

2006 gt with red interior.

There are deals around for MSRP now.

How many miles on the GT?

Cloth or Leather?

Auto or manual?

$16k for trade in seems pretty low.

There are deals around for MSRP now.

How many miles on the GT?

Cloth or Leather?

Auto or manual?

$16k for trade in seems pretty low.

30k miles auto interior upgrade packages.. with red leather seats and my color.

i owe 19k so i dont see why he cant just pay it off.. i will get to talk to the dealer myself and try to talk him into at least paying the car off.

kinda pisses me off that he tells me he will find whatever i want and give me a good deal on the trade in and gt500 but then when he talks to my father he is pushing a car color combo that i didnt ask for and hes asking for 52k but saying oh ill knock off 2k for you.. which i find to be bullshit.. they have 5 shelbys on their lot and still wont sell for msrp??

30k miles auto interior upgrade packages.. with red leather seats and my color.

i owe 19k so i dont see why he cant just pay it off.. i will get to talk to the dealer myself and try to talk him into at least paying the car off.

kinda pisses me off that he tells me he will find whatever i want and give me a good deal on the trade in and gt500 but then when he talks to my father he is pushing a car color combo that i didnt ask for and hes asking for 52k but saying oh ill knock off 2k for you.. which i find to be bullshit.. they have 5 shelbys on their lot and still wont sell for msrp??

Your car should bring at LEAST $19k trade value. That is AVERAGE trade value.

What is the MSRP on the GT500?

Sounds like they want about $5k over and want to hold back $3k on your trade. Some good deal!

my car is in good condition in my eyes but how is that a good deal? he said he will give it to me for 50k, i believe the sticker was 47k...

if anything pay off the car completely then its a decent deal in my eyes pple are getting there gt500s at msrp

my car is in good condition in my eyes but how is that a good deal? he said he will give it to me for 50k, i believe the sticker was 47k...

if anything pay off the car completely then its a decent deal in my eyes pple are getting there gt500s at msrp

Tell him you will pay $50k as long as he gives $22k for yours! That would be a FAIR deal.

Otherwise cut the games and just give you the $19k yours is worth and sell the GT500 for MSRP!

Call Tim hall at Greenway Ford in Orlando.....he will give you a good deal.

(407) 275-3200 x 4179

I do not know if he has the car you are looking for, but he has two 08 GT500 left. Not yet on his lot!

Remember dealers are in business to make money, some are honest and some are not.

Know who your dealing with, some dealers will purposely mix the numbers up to confuse you.

Most dealers will give you wholesale on your trade and charge you retail plus ADM on the GT500.

Your better off selling your GT yourself and doing a clean deal on the GT500.

We got a couple dealers on this site that work pretty good with T/S members.

Do Your HomeWork,

Alan

im going to talk with the dealer after this weekend.

from what it seems like to me it just isnt that great of a deal. if he takes care of the 06 gt then maybe ill take it, if all fails i will just twin turbo the 06 gt and then go to a built block, looks wise im thinking gt500 front end (no cobra emblems) and cdc ducktail... idk im tryin to not get all hyped up about the gt500 and just take it easy.

Archived