TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First car show of the year

Webba

Well last night I decided to ride down to a little car show they are having on Tuesdays nights at a old school look alike diner about 3 miles from my house. This was the first one they have had at this place. it opened end of last summer and the car club went to the owner to see if he was interested and he was all for it. Anyway I pulled ino the parking lot and parked a little bit from where all the cars who were showing were parked. I wasnt showing mine. She needs a wash and with the scoop gap I have it just isnt something Im doing until she is fixed. I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of cars there. I would say close to 50 were there. My in laws have a 39 pontiac Sedan and they were there as well. So I start walking to their car and parked 2 spots from them was a 66 GT350. So I immediately walk by their car and head for the Shelby!LOL It was original and not a clone. My son and I walked around the car chekcing it out and what do I see on the back??! A nice Tasca logo on the back. I was pretty shocked. It was the first time I had seen a tasca Shelby in Maine. I didnt get to talk to the owner unfortunately because he and his wife were off talking to people and by the time I found out who they were they were in the car driving off. But they are doing the show every Tuesday so hopefully I will be able to talk with them next time. I also ran into a someone who works for one of my larger customers. Great guy. he has a 30's rumble seat Ford. Absolutely mint restoration. Well we were talking about the Shelby and he tells me he used to have one. he bought it at Tasca back in 66 when he was stationed in Rhode Island in the Navy. It had dual 4 barrels. Someone had ordered it and then backed out and he bought it. He sold it quite a long time ago now. We figured that was a pretty rare car with factory duals. Anyway it was a great time. My son and I had fun and I even won $50 in the 50/50 drawing. I am looking forward to the next one :)

Nice! Tasca in Maine. Who would have thunk! Sounds like a good time. It's about time you take a little time to enjoy that car.

Nice pick up on the 50/50. Hope all is well. I catch up with you sometime this week.

Archived