TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Will Shelby/Ford ever build a Mustang with more than 500 HP

magrag

As I am still waiting for my GT500 to come in (new date is May 21), I was wondering if the GT500 is going to be the highest horsepower (excluding the KR and etc) Mustang ever made??

Does anyone think that 2010 2011 power will go up???

If this topic belongs some place else move.

Thanks for your thoughts!!!

I dont think they would up the power, I thought I heard at Barrett-Jackson once they there going to be a new law or something that will require that every car get 35mpg.

I think they were referring to the new CAFE regulations that state all car companies FLEET WIDE AVERAGE to be 35mpg by the year 2020. So not all cars will get 35mpg, but the average will have to be 35mpg. So most cars will probably average above 35mpg while a few (like trucks and performance cars) will still be below this threshold. The juggling act will be for car companies to produce enough high mpg cars to offset the lower mpg cars. It puts the onus on the producer, not the buyer.

Isn't the 2008 Shelby GT500KR 540HP.

I think the reference is to a production car directly from the Flat Rock Michigan Factory????????

Ford is advertising the current GT500 as the "Most Powerful Production Mustang"................

I think the reference is to a production car directly from the Flat Rock Michigan Factory????????

Ford is advertising the current GT500 as the "Most Powerful Production Mustang"................

Actually Ford now says the GT500KR is the most powerful factory production car. They consider it a factory production car.

No doubt HP will be higher at some point. It seems it always does up.

The GT Mustang will have more HP than the current 300 HP it has now. The F-150 will get more HP. So why not another mustang in the future?

The question is, what will it be? What will it look like? What type of engine? How much room will it have to modify for more HP?

Depending on all the above and if they do it, that would depend on whether or not I may desire buying one. Until then the current GT500 is it!

i was at a Ford meeting and the Shelby GT 500 question was asked on 2010 and up

and it was said that the 2011 would get the new eco boost engines with about 600 hp and nothing else was said

Sure it wasn't 60HP? I would be more than surprised with all the BS about gas prices, eco issues, that any car maker will up the HP on cars in the next few years. I think we are at the HP was now, and it is over... just MO.

I agree, but I only seeing a modes bump. 530 or so. Unless the corvette drops a camaro powered by the zr-1 motor but that would require a special edition gt500.

Roger

Why the ZR1 engine? The Z06 engine has more HP than the GT500, natually aspirated baby!

The 2010 Mustang GT is going to come with a substantial HP increase approaching and possibly making the 400 mark to be competitive with the Challenger and Camaro. The GT's Pony Car rivals will be bringing some major balls to this fight. Gm's current LS3 has demonstrated 450 at the crank in its 1st year configuration. A Shelby level Mustang of the next gen body style will sport HP #s in excess of the current 07-09, you can bet the farm on that one.

:hysterical3: I would not "TRUST FORD" with "MY FARM"???????????????

• 2 weeks later...

Archived