TEAM SHELBY FORUM

RELOCATED TRUNK LETTERING

drswiger

post-19929-1210640700.jpgI just removed the factory trunk lettering from the upper left hand side. Replaced it with new lettering centered and spread out. Think it looks better.

Looks good but some may mistake it for a Shelby GT??????????????

Looks good but some may mistake it for a Shelby GT??????????????

Yeah, thought about that, but fiqured those that know these cars would know the difference.

BTW, heard Shelby is coming out with a hood pin kit for the GT500, anyone know anything about this?

post-19929-1210640700.jpgI just removed the factory trunk lettering from the upper left hand side. Replaced it with new lettering centered and spread out. Think it looks better.

Bug.gif

I just switched mine back to the stock location. After having them both ways, I like the original way.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...ic=26550&hl=

Now Joe;

Lets not affend any of our ShelbyGT Brothers here????????????? :hysterical:

Especially the supercharged ones. ;) Seriously though, instinctively, I liked the Shelby letters across the trunk, but some of the letters do get lost in the stripes. Having "Shelby" to the side fixed that little issue. I saw one of your GT500 kin who removed his top stripes on his black car and put the letters across the trunk. That looked really nice. The comment about those who know these cars being able to tell the difference between a GT500 and a SGT is spot on. When we were all in Las Vegas in January for the Birthday Bash, we all got to spend some quality time with both types of cars. They are distinctly different animals, yet with a common thread that binds them together. I know it was a tough decision for me between getting the SGT and supercharging it or getting the GT500. For my use, the supercharged SGT was the ticket. Now if I could just get the Mod Shop at SAI to let me have the car, all would be perfect in the world. :lol:

Jim

Especially the supercharged ones. ;) Seriously though, instinctively, I liked the Shelby letters across the trunk, but some of the letters do get lost in the stripes. Having "Shelby" to the side fixed that little issue. I saw one of your GT500 kin who removed his top stripes on his black car and put the letters across the trunk. That looked really nice. The comment about those who know these cars being able to tell the difference between a GT500 and a SGT is spot on. When we were all in Las Vegas in January for the Birthday Bash, we all got to spend some quality time with both types of cars. They are distinctly different animals, yet with a common thread that binds them together. I know it was a tough decision for me between getting the SGT and supercharging it or getting the GT500. For my use, the supercharged SGT was the ticket. Now if I could just get the Mod Shop at SAI to let me have the car, all would be perfect in the world. :lol:

Jim

Great;

Ill race ya on the Drag Strip but you probably got my # on the road course??????????????

Great;

Ill race ya on the Drag Strip but you probably got my # on the road course??????????????

Bottom line, you have it nailed in terms of the differences. Those motors you GT500 guys have are just unbelievable when it comes to laying down power off the line. I have noted over time that the longest running debate is how to get those cars to hook up off the line. Pretty nice problem to have in my opinion. Let's see . . . can you have too much horsepower? Nah! Jim

Yeah, thought about that, but fiqured those that know these cars would know the difference.

BTW, heard Shelby is coming out with a hood pin kit for the GT500, anyone know anything about this?

I was told by Shelby parts that they ARE coming out with a hood pin designed specifically for the GT500 and to look for it sometime in May 08'.

Ok, just got some lettering and would like to center mine. Who has the specs on spacing?

I've seen several different spacing patterns. I simply got a level, chalked it and applied with small piece of tape so I was not committed. Then stood back and decided if I liked it or not.

I've seen several different spacing patterns. I simply got a level, chalked it and applied with small piece of tape so I was not committed. Then stood back and decided if I liked it or not.

That's a thought but i just realized there's a guy by me who just got a Super Snake. I'll have to take some photos and measurements.

That's a thought but i just realized there's a guy by me who just got a Super Snake. I'll have to take some photos and measurements.

careful... the supersnake letters are not as wide as the stock GT500 and therefore you should not use the same spacing landmarks.

i'll attach the measurements that most have been using on this site. they seem to work out well. use a level and mark out the spacing using painters tape. make sure the surface is clean. there are a few threads on this topic over the years on this site. good luck

Ron

post-2947-1210803260.jpg

post-2947-1210803260.jpg

• 3 months later...
careful... the supersnake letters are not as wide as the stock GT500 and therefore you should not use the same spacing landmarks.

i'll attach the measurements that most have been using on this site. they seem to work out well. use a level and mark out the spacing using painters tape. make sure the surface is clean. there are a few threads on this topic over the years on this site. good luck

Ron

post-2947-1210803260.jpg

Thanks for the specs it worked well. I did mine today. Keep in mind if doing this 102mm is not between each letter. you still need to use the 36mm off the strips or it will not line up right.Mike

post-21530-1221269616_thumb.jpg

post-21530-1221269628_thumb.jpg

post-21530-1221269616_thumb.jpg

post-21530-1221269628_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the specs it worked well. I did mine today. Keep in mind if doing this 102mm is not between each letter. you still need to use the 36mm off the strips or it will not line up right.Mike

Very nice. I think on certain colors this looks better, like the Vista/White combo, and Red/White. On the Vapor/Black, not so much as the letters get lost in the Vapor paint, so instead of it being consistent, you can see the ones on the black stripes really easily, but not the ones on the paint.. I had considered doing this but after seeing a Vapor one with the centered letters I decided not to.

Very nice. I think on certain colors this looks better, like the Vista/White combo, and Red/White. On the Vapor/Black, not so much as the letters get lost in the Vapor paint, so instead of it being consistent, you can see the ones on the black stripes really easily, but not the ones on the paint.. I had considered doing this but after seeing a Vapor one with the centered letters I decided not to.

Thanks. KR mufflers go on in the morning.

Archived