TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Jack / Lift points on GT500

zcp789

Have you tried the jack yet to see if it fits? The rocker panel cut outs on the car are 2-1/2 inches wide. How wide is the jack? It looks like your jack is too wide and that it will not fit !!!!!

Here is the location of the cut outs.

Jacking2.gif

Jacking.gif

I confess, I'm confused. My problem is that I want to take off the rear wheels to access the axle.

I understand, from the helpful illustrations that Grabber provided, where the floor jack needs to be placed to raise the car. But what do you do when you then want to put the car on jack stands? Do I jack the car at another location and put the stands at the pinch welds? Or do I jack the car at the pinch welds and put the stands someplace else? Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

I confess, I'm confused. My problem is that I want to take off the rear wheels to access the axle.

I understand, from the helpful illustrations that Grabber provided, where the floor jack needs to be placed to raise the car. But what do you do when you then want to put the car on jack stands? Do I jack the car at another location and put the stands at the pinch welds? Or do I jack the car at the pinch welds and put the stands someplace else? Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

What i dp here is i use my craftsman hydro jack. I put it center on the side of my car just behind the rocker pannels. On the pinch welds. I then put my jack stand in the cut outs. I just did an axle job and posted pics. I think i put one up with the jack stands positioned. Its in the mod section. Hope this helps. Just jack it up slowly.

What i dp here is i use my craftsman hydro jack. I put it center on the side of my car just behind the rocker pannels. On the pinch welds. I then put my jack stand in the cut outs. I just did an axle job and posted pics. I think i put one up with the jack stands positioned. Its in the mod section. Hope this helps. Just jack it up slowly.

Thanks, Josh -- this helps a lot. Your post, in the mod section, also has a lot of useful information.

Thanks again,

Steve

• 7 months later...
Cool. I'm up to a whopping 250 miles now. But was worth everything to get the stripes and interrior done up w/red.

Actually, ramps for changing the oil, etc. are on my list of to-buy's. But with the front air dam is SOOO low to the ground the ones I have will not work. I'll need to find ramps with a much more gradual slope. I have a thousand or so miles to find good ramps and where the oil filter is.

The jack is for the trunk (fits well into the wheel-well w/jumper cables, extra oil, etc.) 'cus I don't like fix-o-flat kits. So, bought a rim, tire, jack and lug wrench for the trunk in case I get a flat out someplace where changing the tire to the spare is a better option then calling AAA. The sticker on the car said it comes w/roadside assistance as part of the price, but can't find how to use it, and I've had AAA for years anyway. Now that I'm prepared properly for if I get a flat, let's hope that never happens.

For those that are interested, I took a couple of pics of the jack I bought at Pep Boys. Again, fits like it was made for the car! Nice cutout so there is no slipping off of the designated lift points on the lip in the cutouts under the rocker pannels.

How well did these hydraulic scissors jack work out for you? Have you lifted the front up with them?

Archived