TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Will this happen again with the GT500's?

LSR

I am sure some remember what's seen in the picture.

Will this happen with the GT500's?

Powerlease buyers and ADM dealers beware

eBay is turning out to be a place were scammers dwell with fake sellers and biders.

Although some with the financial means have gone out and bought GT500's paying high ADM's and many feeling that $10,000 over is ok. Many feel the sight of a dealer charging a loyal customer a ADM is an insult and will simply wait for the opportunity to buy at MSRP.

The million dollar question is simply, will the GT500's follow the path of the Cobra's?

And how long is the wait for a MSRP deal.

I know many would like to see this happen with the GT500's, and that is due to the high dealer ADM's.

I myself if I didn't have the chance to buy at MSRP, would probably go to another manufactuer for a different vehicle altogether.

I still whenever in a new area, stop in to Ford dealers to check for MSRP or under $5000 GT500 deals to inform members on this site.

post-3039-1156726908_thumb.jpg

post-3039-1156726908_thumb.jpg

1) Will this happen with the GT500's?

2) The million dollar question is simply, will the GT500's follow the path of the Cobra's?

3) And how long is the wait for a MSRP deal.

It's been discussed to death. All I'll say is:

1) I'm betting on it

2) EVERY other "special" car has. Unless production is stopped or severely cut because of some outside factor, Ford's not going to stop until they get a car (and the PROFIT that they make on it) into everyone's hand that wants one. There's NO reason they wouldn't.

3) If I knew info like that I should probably play the Powerball lottery as well. My guess - sooner rather than later.

It's been discussed to death. All I'll say is:

I agree and am getting tired of having/reading the same discussion. HOWEVER, I think this subject needs to be discussed repeatedly. That way, when new people come to the board to "research" the GT500, they will see that the majority of people feel that ADMs will go away. The more people that read that more often, just may result in saving them money and help get the car down to MSRP sooner.

Guest evilchris

I'll just throw this log on the fire. The terminators/cobra's were not advertised like this car. And they were not called GT500 shelby's. And last, what were the production numbers on those? similar? The question remains, how many of these will they make for how long?

2004 terminator: approx 5,000 made.

So maybe if they end up sitting on the lots,the production numbers will drop? I don't think they will sit on the lots. Unless dealers keep a 20k ADM on 'em.

9000 (at least) produced. Only so many people willing/able to pay $20k over. This means more supply coming in will equal lower prices. How low? Don't know. But there was another post this morning about a car in Cincy (not a small market!) that didn't go over $10k over. It's coming down.

No matter what's said, 9000 is A LOT of cars at this price point. Dealers can let them sit, praying for $20k over, or they can lower the price to move them. Sounds like many dealers that others have spoken to start high and quickly lower - "make me an offer" is becoming the phrase that pays. There's still ADM's, but not as high as 1-2 months ago that's for sure.

9000 (at least) produced. Only so many people willing/able to pay $20k over. This means more supply coming in will equal lower prices. How low? Don't know. But there was another post this morning about a car in Cincy (not a small market!) that didn't go over $10k over. It's coming down.

No matter what's said, 9000 is A LOT of cars at this price point. Dealers can let them sit, praying for $20k over, or they can lower the price to move them. Sounds like many dealers that others have spoken to start high and quickly lower - "make me an offer" is becoming the phrase that pays. There's still ADM's, but not as high as 1-2 months ago that's for sure.

I know of 2 here in Cincy that sold for MSRP in the last two weeks. I know of another who's still trying to get 20K over. It's still sitting in their showroom. I think it's been there 3 weeks.

Tim

Archived