TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stillen Rotos/Pads/SS Lines Group Buy

Hey there,

How about a group purchase for non GT500 setups? The package includes Stillen Rotors, Stillen Metal Matrix Pads, and Goodridge Lines. Here your options:

Brake Package XDS: $772.97

Front and Rear Stillen Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors

Front and Rear Stillen MM Pads

Front and Rear Goodridge S.S. Braided Brake Lines

Brake Package XD: $730.21

Front and Rear Stillen Cross-Drilled Brake Rotors

Brake Package S: $772.97

Front and Rear Stillen Slotted Brake Rotors

Font and Rear Goodridge S.S. Braided Brake Lines

Shipping is INCLUDED (lower 48 states – plus there is a $9.95 Insurance and Handling fee for each order)!!! No substitutions. This will be available until the end of the month.

I will pull something together for the GT500 guys on Monday morning – and will post that here also.

If interested, give me a call at 866-278-8287 x134 and I will get your order going for you.

Thanks Much

Page

Can you post pics of the rotors? Also, how are those pads and lines compared to Hawk and Steeda lines?

I am interested. I plan this important upgrade as soon as a C.T.O. check arrives from work. That, along with rims and tires and I'm ready for the Paxton! :happy feet:

Dan

Can you post pics of the rotors? Also, how are those pads and lines compared to Hawk and Steeda lines?

I am interested. I plan this important upgrade as soon as a C.T.O. check arrives from work. That, along with rims and tires and I'm ready for the Paxton! :happy feet:

Dan

Hey there,

Here is a picture of the cross-drilled/slotted rear (dont have pics of the front - I have to get on the marketing guys to take care of that for me) :)

FOR1701XS.jpg

The pads are very similar to the Hawk pads. The lines I personally think are better than the Steeda - personal opinion only.

Let me know if I can be of any help

Thanks Much

Page

Hey there,

Here is a picture of the cross-drilled/slotted rear (dont have pics of the front - I have to get on the marketing guys to take care of that for me) :)

FOR1701XS.jpg

The pads are very similar to the Hawk pads. The lines I personally think are better than the Steeda - personal opinion only.

Let me know if I can be of any help

Thanks Much

Page

Hello,

I don't know much about these rotors. How are these rotors holding up at Open Track events?

Hello,

I don't know much about these rotors. How are these rotors holding up at Open Track events?

From what I've heard, there is not much, if any, difference in stopping with the stock rotors and stopping with drilled/slotted rotors. In fact, I've heard that slotted/drilled rotors can crack under conditions that an Open Track event can produce.

The best thing you can do is replace the pads with a better compound. Again, take all of it in perspective. I don't have any concrete evidence either way so maybe someone with track experience can chime in.

That is exactly what I have heard as well. I used to be a frequent Porsche forum member when I had my Porsche of course. From everything I have read the can cause cracking unless they are top notch quality. Also, the performance is the same or less. Again I am not going from experience, just from what others have said. I have seen many pictures of the cracks.

Hey there,

How about a group purchase for non GT500 setups? The package includes Stillen Rotors, Stillen Metal Matrix Pads, and Goodridge Lines. Here your options:

Brake Package XDS: $772.97

Front and Rear Stillen Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors

Brake Package XD: $730.21

Front and Rear Stillen Cross-Drilled Brake Rotors

Brake Package S: $772.97

Front and Rear Stillen Slotted Brake Rotors

Font and Rear Goodridge S.S. Braided Brake Lines

Shipping is INCLUDED (lower 48 states – plus there is a $9.95 Insurance and Handling fee for each order)!!! No substitutions. This will be available until the end of the month.

I will pull something together for the GT500 guys on Monday morning – and will post that here also.

If interested, give me a call at 866-278-8287 x134 and I will get your order going for you.

Thanks Much

Page

Please let me know if there is there a 4-piston caliper that fits the stock 18" bullitt wheel on the 07 SGT.

post-9205-1210645438.jpg

post-9205-1210645438.jpg

Please let me know if there is there a 4-piston caliper that fits the stock 18" bullitt wheel on the 07 SGT.

post-9205-1210645438.jpg

Torque, I have inquired from SAI, and never rec'd an answer. But from everything I have read on this sight the upgraded rotors, SS lines, and upgraded pads is about as good as we can get with stock wheels. You would think that SAI would make a kit to fit the standard wheel as most people will keep the 18" Bullits.

From what I've heard, there is not much, if any, difference in stopping with the stock rotors and stopping with drilled/slotted rotors. In fact, I've heard that slotted/drilled rotors can crack under conditions that an Open Track event can produce.

The best thing you can do is replace the pads with a better compound. Again, take all of it in perspective. I don't have any concrete evidence either way so maybe someone with track experience can chime in.

I have some track time, and I'll agree with half your post, and disagree with the other half.

Slotted rotors produce real value in disbursing brake dust, as well as disbursing accumulated heat along with that dust. This is good brake stuff.

Cross-drilled rotors offer no performance gains, they just look neat in a "bad-azzed" way. Waste of time and money, IMHO. Thus, I would shop for slotted rotors. I'm not a fan of those also cross-drilled, OTOH...Doesn't seem like we can get one without the other, eh?

Good race brakes require improving clamp force (comes from the caliper, and SS lines help deliver this force) and improved swept area (the area of the rotor actually in contact with the brake pad, which is why in this case, "bigger is better").

When you cut slots and cross-drill holes, you lose swept area. But, at least slots give something back by "hauling out the garbage", thus adding some cooling.

post-9205-1210645438.jpg

I dont think you will find that anywhere (at least not in a high quality brake system). The system notes show that the 4 piston kit will fit the OE 18" wheel - with a 3mm spacer. No matter what - we always recomend testing with the fitment guide (wont sell a set of brakes without the customer testing for wheel fitment and filling out a form that says they have in fact tested).

Here is a link to the AP4400 fitment guide. Cant hurt to check.

http://www.stillen.com/product_files/AP4400~profile.pdf

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Thanks

Page

Cross-drilled rotors offer no performance gains, they just look neat in a "bad-azzed" way. Waste of time and money, IMHO. Thus, I would shop for slotted rotors. I'm not a fan of those also cross-drilled, OTOH...Doesn't seem like we can get one without the other, eh?

Hey there,

Actually, you can get slotted only, cross-drilled only or cross-drilled/slotted.

Page

Hey there,

Actually, you can get slotted only, cross-drilled only or cross-drilled/slotted.

Page

Yes, I know they are available, but I was pointing to something else. Visibility of the products offered. You, Page, offered us slotted only in your opening post, and thank you. But, the average consumer armed with limited experience wouldn't appreciate the difference between the rotor features and go for the bling.

I just went to e-bay and searched by "brake rotor" with no additional features. 22,760 products available, mostly high performance upgrades, the rest OEM replacements. Of the high performance products offered, all were cross-drilled and slotted, and when confronted by the endless choices, the consumer shops by price/cost.

This is how inferior products become champion, because consumer tires of the search before they learn about quality and useful features. This is what I meant when I said "seems we can't get one without the other". An e-bay search will drown you with hits with pics. You have to know what you're looking for and why, and then you have to dig that out from behind the "star of the show". Some folks don't bother and just follow the crowd.

As I have found out recently. For open track events you have to include better brake fluid also. All of the above stuff won't be much help when the brake fluid begins to boil around the 8th lap.

I have to agree with Shelby Pilot. On a track day in Northern California after a few hot laps I went into a corner hit the brakes and.....NOTHING! :shift: I made the corner, but had to have the seat removed from up my as*. after changing the brake fluid I have not experienced that problem again.

Any recomendations for high performance brake fluid?

I've used this fluid in the past, but I'm not sure it is appropriate here.

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productse...sp?Product=3307

Page...Care to add a couple of pints of the good stuff to the offered kits?

You have a couple of choices here (which you can add to the order of course) :)

AP Ultra 5.1 Brake Fluid. This is a good fluid for the street/track day guys. Its $11.39 / 500ml bottle

AP600 - This is a racing brake fluid. Dry boiling point 572/F, wet boiling point 410/F - $19.75 / 500ml bottle

AP Ultra is what WP64 is running with his AP Racing setup.

Hope that helps some :)

Thanks

Page

My understanding is that drilled and slotted rotors manage heat better and are therefore more resistant to fade. This is helpful for track use, but only provides a better looking package during normal use.

To actually stop better in a "real life"context (versus stop better after a few hot laps), you need better pads, better calipers, or bigger rotors (which likely will come with the other two). Only the better pads part seems to work with our OEM 18" wheels.

Of course, stainless steel braided brake lines and better brake fluid helps as well.

I do agree that it is unfortunate that the factory wheels are so limiting. My plan to overcome this is with a set of cs56 wheels and the Shelby/Baer GT-Plus front and rear brake kits. Anybody want to contribute $5K toward this purchase? I'll be glad to document the install, the performance, and take lots of nice pictures!

There is a number of really good brake fluids out there.

Motul RBF 660

Motul RBF 600

Brembo LCF 600

AP Racing 600

For a track car, cross drilled rotor will develope cracks a lot sooner then a plain rotor will.

A good set of brake pads, a fluid change and some brake ducts will do wonders for a Shelby. ;-)

Have fun!

For a track car, cross drilled rotor will develope cracks a lot sooner then a plain rotor will.

A good set of brake pads, a fluid change and some brake ducts will do wonders for a Shelby. ;-)

Have fun!

Hey there,

One thing you will notice about the Stillen rotors - we dont drill a TON of holes in them - just enough to help bleed off heat. Also, the chamfers on our cross-drills isnt a standard chamfer - its called a radiused chamfer - has no sharp edges to heat up (up close, kind of reminds me of a bull-nose tile edge). The slots on our rotors have what are called ramped slots. Many manufacturers drop an end-mill into the material, cut the slot and pull the end mill out. This leaves pockets at both ends of the slot for brake material to build up in. Our slots are ramped into and out of the rotor surface leaving no pockets.

Hope this helps some

Thanks Much

Page

Hey there,

One thing you will notice about the Stillen rotors - we dont drill a TON of holes in them - just enough to help bleed off heat. Also, the chamfers on our cross-drills isnt a standard chamfer - its called a radiused chamfer - has no sharp edges to heat up (up close, kind of reminds me of a bull-nose tile edge). The slots on our rotors have what are called ramped slots. Many manufacturers drop an end-mill into the material, cut the slot and pull the end mill out. This leaves pockets at both ends of the slot for brake material to build up in. Our slots are ramped into and out of the rotor surface leaving no pockets.

Hope this helps some

Thanks Much

Page

I'm still not a fan of cross-drilled rotors, but I have learned that if this is what you want, this is the correct way to get it done. You won't see this detail on e-bay...

Thanks, Page.

As far as rotors, does anyone have any experience with DBA? The series 4000 wiper-slot look interesting with the "kangaroo claw" design and thermal heat markings to monitor the heat...

http://www.dba.com.au/2006/products_4000.asp

Edit: Sorry, didnt mean to hi-jack your sales pitch

Kinda like these you mean? :)

http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?id=BPPV...p;model=MUSTANG

You have a couple of choices here (which you can add to the order of course) :)

AP Ultra 5.1 Brake Fluid. This is a good fluid for the street/track day guys. Its $11.39 / 500ml bottle

AP600 - This is a racing brake fluid. Dry boiling point 572/F, wet boiling point 410/F - $19.75 / 500ml bottle

AP Ultra is what WP64 is running with his AP Racing setup.

Hope that helps some :)

Thanks

Page

Page,

All I need are the Goodridge SS Brake Lines and the Hi-Temp Brake Fluid, as I have already replaced the Pads and Rotors... However, I can't seem to find where to "add" the fluid on your website... Can you help??? THANKS!

Gregg

07SGT0547

Page,

All I need are the Goodridge SS Brake Lines and the Hi-Temp Brake Fluid, as I have already replaced the Pads and Rotors... However, I can't seem to find where to "add" the fluid on your website... Can you help??? THANKS!

Gregg

07SGT0547

Hey Gregg,

Give me a call (866-278-8287 x134) and I will get it going for you. For some reason we dont have the fluid on our web site - but we do have it in stock and ready to ship (same with the Goodridge lines).

Thanks

Page

Yes, kinda....except the DBA are $52 bucks cheaper on the front and $47 on the rear. Do your offer any advantage over the DBA? Sorry for being a bargain shopper. ;)

Also, is it possible these are the same rotors with different names on them? Kinda like the name brand and store brand products?

P1060015__Medium_.JPG

Installing a line-lock got me to looking at upgrading my brakes or at least some parts of em and found a 3 piston caliper

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/...QS91A11212.html

SS brake lines: (Moss and Stillen are both Goodridge)

=================================

Moss - http://www.mossmustang.com/Shop/ViewProduc...teIndexID=53013 - $199

Stillen - http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?id=GDRL...ake=&model= - $216

Steeda - http://www.steeda.com/products/stainless_s...brake_hoses.php - $229

For those looking for a lower brake duct/light kit:

http://www.mossmustang.com/Shop/ViewProduc...teIndexID=66441

Installing a line-lock got me to looking at upgrading my brakes or at least some parts of em and found a 3 piston caliper

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/...QS91A11212.html

SS brake lines: (Moss and Stillen are both Goodridge)

=================================

Moss - http://www.mossmustang.com/Shop/ViewProduc...teIndexID=53013 - $199

Stillen - http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?id=GDRL...ake=&model= - $216

Steeda - http://www.steeda.com/products/stainless_s...brake_hoses.php - $229

Kurgan, will these fit our stock 18" bullitt wheels? Page, any comment on these calipers and if they would be an improvement over stock?

For those looking for a lower brake duct/light kit:

http://www.mossmustang.com/Shop/ViewProduc...teIndexID=66441

Archived