TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Arrived!! Question about fluid levels

zhb353

My Shelby arrived Friday and I picked it up Saturday (red/white stripes). While looking it over it noticed no fluid in the intercooler resivoir to the right of the engine coolant resivoir. Has anyone else had this with their car, or it there no fluid because the s/c isn't engaged due to the valet tune. Any info would be helpful.

post-3135-1156707855_thumb.jpg

post-3135-1156707855_thumb.jpg

My Shelby arrived Friday and I picked it up Saturday (red/white stripes). While looking it over it noticed no fluid in the intercooler resivoir to the right of the engine coolant resivoir. Has anyone else had this with their car, or it there no fluid because the s/c isn't engaged due to the valet tune. Any info would be helpful.

When mine came in, it had fluid in both tanks. The valet mode would have nothing to do with the fluid level.

I would thing the resivoir should be showing a level, is there not a fill line marked on it?

If it were mine it would be going back to the dealer they will look after it.

Are you for real . It says right on the tank where it should be cold. if there is no fluid in the intercooler tank your pump has been running dry and your intake air temps are thru the roof. It seem like most people getting these car have had no experince with High HP ford car.

Are you for real . It says right on the tank where it should be cold. if there is no fluid in the intercooler tank your pump has been running dry and your intake air temps are thru the roof. It seem like most people getting these car have had no experince with High HP ford car.

Yes I am for real, you can clearly see in the picure the engine coolant reservoir and the intercooler coolant reservoir with no fluid in it. I put fluid in it when I noticed and luckily I had only driven it 10 miles home from the dealership and didn't get into it at all.

I'm full aware of the effects of runnig with no coolant, but thanks for your sarcastic statement.

Yes I am for real, you can clearly see in the picure the engine coolant reservoir and the intercooler coolant reservoir with no fluid in it. I put fluid in it when I noticed and luckily I had only driven it 10 miles home from the dealership and didn't get into it at all.

I'm full aware of the effects of runnig with no coolant, but thanks for your sarcastic statement.

It was actually a good observation on your part; I imagine that many car owners seldom look under the hood and just assume that all is well. I also think that very few shelby owners have any experience with liquid intercoolers for a supercharger, no matter how extensive their background in fords and/or musclecars. Keep asking questions, and keep us updated on how things are going with your shelby.

I really was not trying to be sarcastic. But I have lots of experince with supercharged fords and its just something that seems like you would have seen befour leaving the dealer. I mean the frist thing i will do when i see my car is look under the hood and check the oil and fluid leveles befour taking it out on the road.

Guest evilchris

I understand, I caught it was for that very reason. I was so excited at the dealer I didn't even think about it plus I just assumed that they have the minimal amount of competence it takes to check and fill fluids.

Always assume the dealer knows nothing, and you'll be correct 99.9% of the time.

It was actually a good observation on your part; I imagine that many car owners seldom look under the hood and just assume that all is well. I also think that very few shelby owners have any experience with liquid intercoolers for a supercharger, no matter how extensive their background in fords and/or musclecars. Keep asking questions, and keep us updated on how things are going with your shelby.

Absolutely. A great reminder to us all. I will be looking very carefully. Thanks man!

Archived