TEAM SHELBY FORUM

engine preoiler

the gt500 has been sitting since last october without being started .Do I need to use the engine preoiler as in the FRPP catalog for a prelubrication or can I just go ahead and spin er up??

1200 miles, 08, and garaged.

Thanks,

Ken

the gt500 has been sitting since last october without being started .Do I need to use the engine preoiler as in the FRPP catalog for a prelubrication or can I just go ahead and spin er up??

1200 miles, 08, and garaged.

Thanks,

Ken

I'd change the oil and filter and make sure the battery is fully charged. Then I'd crank the engine without her being able to fire-up (don't know how to do that on thses cars). Once you see oil pressure I think you can then safely fire it up. :shrug:

Dan

IIRC, on the Ford GT, if you depress the accelerator to the floor while starting the car, it will NOT let the engine turn over. It is part of the oil change procedure. Maybe someone can confirm whether or not the same logic was put in the GT500's computer.

IIRC, on the Ford GT, if you depress the accelerator to the floor while starting the car, it will NOT let the engine turn over. It is part of the oil change procedure. Maybe someone can confirm whether or not the same logic was put in the GT500's computer.

well....... just go out & do it on your car & then come back & tell us if it works or not :waiting:

Archived