TEAM SHELBY FORUM

11s Super Snake

Ok I thought it wasn't right not to make another attempt at a better ET at least get it in the 11s. I really don't want to slam the car down the strip that is not what I intended to use the car for. Its truly a road racer. You all were very easy on me at my first time out I thought I give it another go. The 1st pass I left the traction control on, it felt like I was dragging a anchor. All the rest were with it off. I put on a set of MT Drag Radials 305-45-18s. They work great, maybe to good. I only left the line at 2500 and shifted easy but you could feel the loss in power. It all but killed my MPH. I put some air back in from 18 to 28lbs and that gave me back some MPH. But all in all they worked but you have to leave at 5000 to 5500 to make up for the MPH loss. Just wondering if anyone else has been through this. Enjoy the videos more to come of Sebring.

Ok I thought it wasn't right not to make another attempt at a better ET at least get it in the 11s. I really don't want to slam the car down the strip that is not what I intended to use the car for. Its truly a road racer. You all were very easy on me at my first time out I thought I give it another go. The 1st pass I left the traction control on, it felt like I was dragging a anchor. All the rest were with it off. I put on a set of MT Drag Radials 305-45-18s. They work great, maybe to good. I only left the line at 2500 and shifted easy but you could feel the loss in power. It all but killed my MPH. I put some air back in from 18 to 28lbs and that gave me back some MPH. But all in all they worked but you have to leave at 5000 to 5500 to make up for the MPH loss. Just wondering if anyone else has been through this. Enjoy the videos more to come of Sebring.

Is the traction control slowing down your run? I thought the computer was suppose to give great launches... or is it not calibrated for the 725 HP?

What happens with it on, are the wheels spinning or is the engine simply holding back on the power?

Kurtis

are you a trust fund guy or what do you do for a living, damn you have alot of toys

you have a beautiful car and I am glad to see you are enjoying it for what it is meant for, congrats. RED IS NOT THE FASTEST

are you a trust fund guy or what do you do for a living, damn you have alot of toys

No trust fund just working hard. My business services the diesel engines and generators on vessels 30 feet and bigger. Please don't let the wife know about all my toys I don't think she's seen them all.

Thanks

Good Work John.

Keep pushing the boundary.

There is a lot to be said about the tires. Cant wait to see how our cars go with the 11inch wider alcoa wheels.

What do you mean beaten by a KR??? Did I miss something, please explain this.

I cant believe we are going to be beaten by the GT500 KR !!!!!! at this stage.

Thanks

No trust fund just working hard. My business services the diesel engines and generators on vessels 30 feet and bigger. Please don't let the wife know about all my toys I don't think she's seen them all.

Thanks

We gonna see you at Duffys tue? Danny bought 07 Z06

We gonna see you at Duffys tue? Danny bought 07 Z06

Yes I'll be there. Another Vett What will we do???

He was hot on a new car had the feaver bad, wife came out in the drive to see the new car and said wares the back seat? They have a five year old, she peaked at the car and walked off. He is signed up for Sebring we will attend together. Ill be around to helpd out, we got dinner tickites and reserved room. He most likely will want to attend Tue with new car, maybe than I;ll get my frist ride with him. Does not look good For DACY And his new TVS to be running for Sebring?

John,

You obviously havent read whats going on in the GT500 Kr forum , (too busy having fun dragging racing your Snake haha).

This is the latest results from motor trend magazine.

GT500KR

0-60 4.3

12.1@115

1.0 G

71.7 mph slalom

60-0 109 feet

SuperSnake

0-60 4.4

12.5@119

.93 G

68.4 mph slalom

60-0 118ft.

admittedly that was the 600hp version they tested a while ago..

This just out as well

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/05/01/first-d...gt500kr-part-2/

and the motor trend review..

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes...rive/index.html

It all comes down to the tires and wheels. trouble is im going to have no room left in my garage for my wifes car with all the extra sets of wheels and tires im going to have in there haha.

Now here is what the SS headrest should look like(except of course with an SS inscription instead of the KR). Notice the quality and matching texture unlike the current rather poorly received cover that the SS owners are getting. I know Amy had said a while back that the quality was being examined, but it seems to me that to do it right we need headrests like these. Opinions?

KRHEADREST.jpg

Below is the much lower quality SS headrest cover. I think that SAI could offer these at the current price level or at worst at cost, similar to what occurs when DVD systems are installed in SUVs and they replace the headrest to accomodate the DVD player. In my opinion in order for the SS to look authentic, it needs authentic looking headrest covers.

SSHeadrestCovers.jpg

SSHeadrestCovers-1.jpg

John,

You obviously havent read whats going on in the GT500 Kr forum , (too busy having fun dragging racing your Snake haha).

This is the latest results from motor trend magazine.

GT500KR

0-60 4.3

12.1@115

1.0 G

71.7 mph slalom

60-0 109 feet

SuperSnake

0-60 4.4

12.5@119

.93 G

68.4 mph slalom

60-0 118ft.

Thanks for the up date. BUT

They can test and write all they want, the real world is owners of both are winners. I can't understand a comparison except to justify purchasing one or the other but how could anyone go wrong with getting the most HP you can AFORD. If you get what I mean. The shoot outs with other car manufactures should be the concern for any of us wishing to have bragging rights so as to keep the pressures up on the rival makes. As close as the Ford and Shelby Family has gotten in the last couple years I think most owning or wishing to own one will and have great respect for the other Models. Which should make anyone in this group very proud to be in it. I couldn't be any more to have meet you and all the others who make all this between Ford and Shelby so exciting.

Dactyl ran at Sebring yesterday. His car was running great just a little over heating. Still ripped off some high 2.30s his best a 2.36. I know most don't have a clue how fast that is but we were told the GT 500 would never see 2.30s or even low 2.40s by people in the know. I won't mention any names. So I know for a fact not even the expects know just how far we can go with these cars. I'll post my times in a couple weeks.

can't knock the z06 as it is one hell of a car for the money it offers way more than the KR

I'm not knocking the Z06, I'm giving Danny a hard time. I just hope he dosen't throw to much dirt on Dactyl and me when he passes us by in his new Vett. Oh and danny don't worry about the cooler I'll bring it in my back seat, yes and the chairs and tool box oh and the unbrella anything else I can bring for you jack air pump??? LOL

A motor magazine and 0.1 of a second isn't something I'd hold up as fact.

That minor amout isn't even worth talking about as driver error can cause a lot more than that (and that isn't even brining timing equipment into the discussion).

There are things I like about the KR (the headrests being one of them but truth be told, I'll be taking them off my car because I don't want/need another SS badge) and the carbon hood; however, equally, the MSRP is more AND the dealer markup is just silly...

...so I'll stick with my 605bhp SS and be happy with my own opinion of the car, not a journalist who gets paid to write interesting stories.

As John said, KR or SS, you can't loose with either!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey John, What kind of meter is that you're using in the video?

Ok, maybe its not a meter. The navigation looking thing that said you were traveling 163 mph.

OK that is my GPS made by Garmin model c330 it gives you max speed which can be reset. Thats the only reason I bought it. But I now use it all the time. I used it to take the car to Shelby and back, never looked at a map just followed the unit to Sheby and then back home. I don't drive anywhere without it.

Ok, maybe its not a meter. The navigation looking thing that said you were traveling 163 mph.

OK that is my GPS made by Garmin model c330 it gives you max speed which can be reset. Thats the only reason I bought it. But I now use it all the time. I used it to take the car to Shelby and back, never looked at a map just followed the unit to Sheby and then back home. I don't drive anywhere without it.

Thanks. Thats what I was looking for.

Archived