TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I would love to see a picture of your rear end........

.....if you have aftermarket wheels and tires!.....Perverts! I bet you really thought old Gun Oil really cared what YOUR rear end actually looked like! :hysterical2:

Unless you are a Shelby Girl...... :yup:

Actually....I went and looked at some tires today, and I see no chance in hell that they will fit! They are only 285-30/20's.....They are massive.....I really hope they fit...but I got a funny feeling they won't

Post em if you got em......looking for some "fat bottomed" GT500 pics! :eek5:

I don't have a great picture from the rear to show what I think you are looking for and I'm away from home. I do have 285/30/20 on the back of my car and they fit well without any rubbing issues. Right at the edge of the fender. Mine are on a Shelby GT which is about 1.25 lower then the GT500 and I have driven it pretty hard without rubbing.

I am not an expert but I think your wheels have more to do with fit then the tire size. I keep reading there are guys with 305s on the rear. I have 10.5 wide rear tires with, I believe, a 40mm offset. If you lower the car you may need an adjustabe panhard rod or watts link. Otherwise one of the tires may stick out passed the fender.

Best rear end picture I have:

Precious060.jpg

Actually....I went and looked at some tires today, and I see no chance in hell that they will fit! They are only 285-30/20's.....They are massive.....I really hope they fit...but I got a funny feeling they won't

Those will fit with most wheels available. Which wheel are you using?

Those will fit with most wheels available. Which wheel are you using?

CS66's..............20x10's :headscratch:

Interesting that the size of tire for the 20 x 10 that CS Wheels lists, is WAY TOO TALL when you do the math.......

CS66's..............20x10's :headscratch:

Interesting that the size that CS Wheels lists, is WAY TOO TALL when you do the math.......

I believe those have a deep backspacing. I would think you can go bigger than 285/30. I have 295/35 on widened Razors with less backspacing.

I believe those have a deep backspacing. I would think you can go bigger than 285/30. I have 295/35 on widened Razors with less backspacing.

Pretty sure they are 45mm

If this fits, I am going to be pretty stoked as they just looked HUGE dismounted rolling around :happy feet:

Pretty sure they are 45mm

If this fits, I am going to be pretty stoked as they just looked HUGE dismounted rolling around :happy feet:

I am a little thick headed. I know 45mm is the distance the mounting surface is from the center of the wheel but I still like talking backspacing. If a 10 inch wheel has 7.5" of backspace, I know that 2.5" of the wheel is outside the mounting surface. Like I said, I bet you can go bigger.

Also, is the sidewall really short on those 285/30s? We do live in the pothole center of the universe (might need some sidewall), but hey, we still managed to grow the size of the state government by a third in the last three years! :banghead:

I am a little thick headed. I know 45mm is the distance the mounting surface is from the center of the wheel but I still like talking backspacing. If a 10 inch wheel has 7.5" of backspace, I know that 2.5" of the wheel is outside the mounting surface. Like I said, I bet you can go bigger.

Also, is the sidewall really short on those 285/30s? We do live in the pothole center of the universe (might need some sidewall), but hey, we still managed to grow the size of the state government by a third in the last three years! :banghead:

Where are you in WA? Don't know why, I just niticed that you & I are in the same State....

As far as the potholes go, they are just good AutoXross practice! :banvictory:

Where are you in WA? Don't know why, I just niticed that you & I are in the same State....

As far as the potholes go, they are just good AutoXross practice! :banvictory:

Live on Fox Island just south of the Tacoma Narrows bridge and work in Gig Harbor. And you?

I think there at least 8-9 of us here in "Say WA" :finger:

Are you selling or trading in your stock tires. If selling them, PM me the price.

Probably hanging on to them mounted and ready to roll if needed. I purchased a take off set of the TPMS's, and ordered a set of bands to mount them on the new wheels.....

This thing is going to look sick when I am done! :happy feet:

Archived