TEAM SHELBY FORUM

dear abby dilemma

Dear Abby er I mean guys in the forum,

I have a real dilemma. My good friend turns 60 next week and his wife is throwing him a surprise birthday party. There is also a big car show in town that same day that I had on my calander hoping I would have my SS back in time to attend. Well I got my car and I really want to go and show it off. Do I blow off my friend's party and go to the show or suck it up and wait 4 months for the next car show that's not 50 miles away to show off my new toy?

signed,

Confused SS owner

I have a real dilemma. My good friend turns 60 next week and his wife is throwing him a surprise birthday party. There is also a big car show in town that same day that I had on my calander hoping I would have my SS back in time to attend. Well I got my car and I really want to go and show it off. Do I blow off my friend's party and go to the show or suck it up and wait 4 months for the next car show that's not 50 miles away to show off my new toy?

signed,

Confused SS owner

Shows come and go, true friends are forever. Value what you have and the decision is easy!

signed,

Confused SS owner

Talk to the friends wife about scheduling the party at or near the show.

What could be better than a surprise party at a car show?

Let's see, you can wait four months for a car show. How long till the next 60th birthday for your friend?

I just had the same type of conflict, and it wasn't even as important as that. I felt pretty good about putting off the show, but when it ended up raining last weekend, I felt even better.

So, my advice is, go to the party and pray for rain. Getting a strip-o-gram for your buddy will help, too. You could even work the snake into the act...you know, have him sit in the car, babe walks over, loses control. Happens all the time...

-Abby

signed,

Confused SS owner

I sure hope your Good Friend doesn't read this post.

OR - take the show to the party. Drive up to the party in the SS and it'll be the show and you keep a good friendship in tact!

This is the obvious answer. I'm surprised it took so long for someone to suggest this. What better car show than with friends and family??? You'll be the hit of the party!

Thanks for all the input. I am going to the party and yes I will pray for rain. I will not drive my car to the parking lot of a restaraunt where people don't respect their own cars much less mine. So the car will sit in the garage that day. I will however offer to take the birthday boy for a ride at a later date. By the way he is one of my running buddies and he can still run sub 10 min mi in a half marathon. Not bad for a 60 year old and certianly gives me hope for my own physical ability in the future

Thanks for all the input. I am going to the party and yes I will pray for rain. I will not drive my car to the parking lot of a restaraunt where people don't respect their own cars much less mine. So the car will sit in the garage that day. I will however offer to take the birthday boy for a ride at a later date. By the way he is one of my running buddies and he can still run sub 10 min mi in a half marathon. Not bad for a 60 year old and certianly gives me hope for my own physical ability in the future

Good man..60 is still young if you are fit and healthy....after 80 we'll will talk...... :)

Archived