TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stripe Delete???

nite

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can just buy a new stripe kit and keep that on hand with the stock hood (for resale purposes), then safely delete the stripes for a while. What say ye?

I say you better check the price of that new stripe kit you want to keep on hand. A complete stripe kit for your Shelby GT is $1800.00 and can only be purchased when you supply Shelby with proof that you own a Shelby GT along with photos of the damage to your original stripes.

Chip

But then it would just be a GT with a FRPP handling pack.

Actually, a GT/CS (with the front & rear facias, side scoops, but without the two-toned leather of the CS) with a handling and power pack. I've often wondered if the wrecked SGTs end up having their special "stuff" installed on GT/CSs; all you'd need is a black or white 2007 car...

I say you better check the price of that new stripe kit you want to keep on hand. A complete stripe kit for your Shelby GT is $1800.00 and can only be purchased when you supply Shelby with proof that you own a Shelby GT along with photos of the damage to your original stripes.

Chip

LOL! No way would I buy this stripe kit from Shelby! :hysterical:

I've got a line on a custom setup, which will be identical, but better quality.

Actually, a GT/CS (with the front & rear facias, side scoops, but without the two-toned leather of the CS) with a handling and power pack.

I love the GT/CS, although I would have deleted the stripes on that too. I almost bought one, but I found a deal I couldn't pass up on the Shelby.

I love the GT/CS, although I would have deleted the stripes on that too. I almost bought one, but I found a deal I couldn't pass up on the Shelby.

Hi Nite,

can you send me your email addy because maybe I can just email you my pics. I am having problems uploading the images.

i wonder how the stripes would handle the PDR when my hail dents get fixed. assuming the stripe tape is stretched where the dents are, the stripe tape might wrinkle when the dents get pushed up. i hope thats not the case. i hate losing the original stripes, but if they have to go i guess i just order replacements.

oh wait...nevermind. my hood has to be replaced anyway. so there goes the stripes :drop:

The stripe delete mod has begun! :happy feet:

Replaced the stock hood with a GT hood, but I could only find one with a scoop, which sucks, but it appears that I can get a replacement scoop from HEATH, so I'll just use this opportunity to cut the hood open (keeping the SGT hood stored away intact) and install a "functional", all black SGT scoop.

Still have to remove the lower stripes and install my Agent 47 mirrors, which I'll do tonight, then I'll get out & take some pics tomorrow.

Thanks again for the pics, Sun! Here they are...

P1010167.jpg

P1010174.jpg

P1010168.jpg

P1010177.jpg

Don't have any pics of mine yet, but the only differences are that I have a GT hood (with hood scoop, for now), I've deleted the rocker stripes, and my grill is a bit different. ;) I'll make time to take some pics and get 'em posted up in the next couple days.

Finally got some pics...

WARNING: DIE-HARD SGT FANS ON BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICATION SHOULD REFRAIN FROM VIEWING THESE PHOTOGRAPHS.

Shelby017.jpg

Shelby002.jpg

Shelby023.jpg

Shelby021.jpg

Shelby010.jpg

Shelby006.jpg

Shelby012.jpg

I'll say it before anyone else does; It looks like a Mustang Shelby GT California Special Bullitt (and I love it). Got the original hood, grill and custom made stripes (which look identical) stored away for safe keeping. Was considering painting the side mirrors, but I kinda like 'em like they are.

Finally got some pics...

WARNING: DIE-HARD SGT FANS ON BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICATION SHOULD REFRAIN FROM VIEWING THESE PHOTOGRAPHS.

Shelby017.jpg

Shelby002.jpg

Shelby023.jpg

Shelby021.jpg

Shelby010.jpg

Shelby006.jpg

Shelby012.jpg

I'll say it before anyone else does; It looks like a Mustang Shelby GT California Special Bullitt (and I love it). Got the original hood, grill and custom made stripes (which look identical) stored away for safe keeping. Was considering painting the side mirrors, but I kinda like 'em like they are.

Just my $0.02, it doesn't look too bad, but I prefer the stripes myself (at the very least the rocker stripes). I'm thinking you may get a lot of people thinking that's it's a clone, but I admire you daring to be different--it's your car, mod it how you want!

I agree though-lower grille & maybe some driving lights would set it off. the functional scoop would be a cool idea-let us know how that works.

Thanks, man!

Driving lights sound like a good idea. I'll have to look into those. Also, I think I recall seeing a vendor that makes a matching honeycomb insert. Might have to check that out as another option.

You know, I actually don't mind if strangers think it's a clone. I know it's the real thing and the people I know know it's the real thing, so that's good enough for me. Plus, I've never been keen on bright racing stripes and letters advertising what I have, though it's perfect for a car like dave's, because he's got the high performance to back it up. For me, I didn't want to go the high performance route on this car (the little bit that Shelby's added is good enough), so I wanted to tone it down a bit and make it look more like a street cruiser.

Got some SHR louvers on the way and then it's on to wheels.

You know, that GT Hood and scoop look pretty good on that SGT...If SAI can't get things right, perhaps I'll look into just doing that and keeping the stripes on my 08 to match the current SGT look...but it is just a thought...Good Job on the stripe removal...I like the look...

Your car is Totally Bitchin! It was a bold move and I say the right move (especially if it makes you happy).

Now (for comparison) my car is at the totally opposite end of the spectrum. Many people told me not to go the route I did, but I love it.

post-19390-1212120132.jpg

post-19390-1212120132.jpg

• 9 months later...

Nice job, I was talking to a few guys at work today about removing mine. Only thing I am worried about is the 1800 dollars to get some more. At the same time I hate polishing this thing and having these spots on the double stripes. I may leave my side stripes though need to break up the madness, lol. Nice job!

I like the clean look but not the combined Bullit/SGT look. It like the car doesn't know what it is. The stock GT scoop looks undersized as well.

But it doesn't matter what I think, you like it and don't get me wrong, the car is nice. These cars are made to be modded or we would all have the same one.

I do think it needs some razors or maybe the stock chrome wheels to set it off.

Archived