TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Well, CRUD!!!

Called SAI to order the stripe kit for my GT500 rear spoiler this morning...I'm informed that FORD has pulled a bunch of parts from SAI and they no longer stock the stripes...I'll have to order them through my local Ford Dealer....So I call my local Ford Dealer, and the guy has not a clue as to what I'm talking about....says he'll have to get some help and call me back....He calls me back over an hour later, and wouldn't you know it, the stripes are now $90.18 in Satin Silver from FORD...they were $50.00 from SAI....WHAT A :censored: ING RIP OFF!!!!!

:angry22::banghead::soapbox:

Anyone have another source for the stripes for the rear spoiler??? At this point, I'm open to suggestions!!!

Called SAI to order the stripe kit for my GT500 rear spoiler this morning...I'm informed that FORD has pulled a bunch of parts from SAI and they no longer stock the stripes...I'll have to order them through my local Ford Dealer....So I call my local Ford Dealer, and the guy has not a clue as to what I'm talking about....says he'll have to get some help and call me back....He calls me back over an hour later, and wouldn't you know it, the stripes are now $90.18 in Satin Silver from FORD...they were $50.00 from SAI....WHAT A :censored:ING RIP OFF!!!!!

Anyone have another source for the stripes for the rear spoiler??? At this point, I'm open to suggestions!!!

Go on line or call Team Ford in LV. They have great pricing. They will ship your the parts.

Why would Ford pull a bunch of parts from SAI????

That doesn't make sense.

Is Ford and SAI about to have another falling out? Something doesn't add up here.

Were those the same stripes Ford used on the GT500 that Ford used?

I don't know how SAI could sell them for less than what the dealers can buy them for. That also makes no sense!

Go on line or call Team Ford in LV. They have great pricing. They will ship your the parts.

Nope, no got it....he said dealer in New Braunsfel, TX has one, so I called them...again with the $90.18 and no giving up on that price! This is crazy!!! But just about my luck!

Why would Ford pull a bunch of parts from SAI????

That doesn't make sense.

Is Ford and SAI about to have another falling out? Something doesn't add up here.

Were those the same stripes Ford used on the GT500 that Ford used?

I don't know how SAI could sell them for less than what the dealers can buy them for. That also makes no sense!

Probably on the falling out again....figures that I go to look for something and the price has doubled!!! It's just my luck! Remember the old Hee Haw song? Doom, Despaire and Agony on me!!!

In talking to the paint shop manager, he told me that Ford, Shelby, and Roush are all having problems with the Silver vinyl.

Maybe this is the real reason here??? Taken from another post in the Discussion Forum...

Called SAI to order the stripe kit for my GT500 rear spoiler this morning...I'm informed that FORD has pulled a bunch of parts from SAI and they no longer stock the stripes...I'll have to order them through my local Ford Dealer....So I call my local Ford Dealer, and the guy has not a clue as to what I'm talking about....says he'll have to get some help and call me back....He calls me back over an hour later, and wouldn't you know it, the stripes are now $90.18 in Satin Silver from FORD...they were $50.00 from SAI....WHAT A :censored: ING RIP OFF!!!!!

Hi, Here is where I got my stripes for my GT500 spoiler. I installed it myself, took me 2 tries but it worked just fine in the end. The biggest problem is that the GT500 stripes are 10" wide where the Shelby GT stripes are 9". You have to trim 1 inch off of these stripes. I did it and it worked no problem. The color match was close to perfect. They sell for $40 delivered (Florida has tax). Check it out. It's not to hard to install once you figure out how the shape of the stripe fits the contour of the spoiler and trim it accordingly and realize how the stripes are mounted on the backing tape.

http://www.graphic-express.com/K116-W8_she...wing_lemans.asp

Hi, Here is where I got my stripes for my GT500 spoiler. I installed it myself, took me 2 tries but it worked just fine in the end. The biggest problem is that the GT500 stripes are 10" wide where the Shelby GT stripes are 9". You have to trim 1 inch off of these stripes. I did it and it worked no problem. The color match was close to perfect. They sell for $40 delivered (Florida has tax). Check it out. It's not to hard to install once you figure out how the shape of the stripe fits the contour of the spoiler and trim it accordingly and realize how the stripes are mounted on the backing tape.

http://www.graphic-express.com/K116-W8_she...wing_lemans.asp

Thanks for the info...I just ordered a set and they should be here by the weekend!

BTW, I was just informed by the young lady at Graphics Express that Carroll Shelby died sometime last year....I wonder who it was that you guys saw at his 85th Birthday bash this year??? I just said "Oh really? I hadn't heard that!" and laughed hysterically when I hung up the phone...

That's funny, it's been 2 months and I STILL haven't gotten my TPMS trainer from them. At least my last angry email resulted in a DHL tracking number. I guess they finally got on it.

I was just informed by the young lady at Graphics Express that Carroll Shelby died sometime last year....I wonder who it was that you guys saw at his 85th Birthday bash this year???

Yet another Shelby clone...

Archived