TEAM SHELBY FORUM

decision time on the GT500

MYGT500

Ok...here's the deal on my car...I put a 2k deposit on My GT500 8 months ago..with

no pricing,just a place in line basically...not a great thing to do,but all the cars in my town..1.5 million pop.,were already spoken for...So the car I ordered will be in, in like 10 days..The dealer is very greedy, has already sold one 15 over. They called me today saying they want the same deal on mine..Pricks...BUT..i've looked on E bay...and they are correct that this is the going price,atleast on E bay..So...they want to know if

iI will take it..I'm on the fence..I've waited along time for this car. I realize that it won't be worth 60k in the next 30 years. My wife isn't crazy about the ADM, and has let me know..

I have the money,and it wouldn't be a hardship on me or the family,but it rubs me the wrong way so to speak..Plus..the guy who lives 2 doors down bought not 1 but 2 new lambogihini's last month...I need more power..lol

What to do..

Ok...here's the deal on my car...I put a 2k deposit on My GT500 8 months ago..with

no pricing,just a place in line basically...not a great thing to do,but all the cars in my town..1.5 million pop.,were already spoken for...So the car I ordered will be in, in like 10 days..The dealer is very greedy, has already sold one 15 over. They called me today saying they want the same deal on mine..Pricks...BUT..i've looked on E bay...and they are correct that this is the going price,atleast on E bay..So...they want to know if

iI will take it..I'm on the fence..I've waited along time for this car. I realize that it won't be worth 60k in the next 30 years. My wife isn't crazy about the ADM, and has let me know..

I have the money,and it wouldn't be a hardship on me or the family,but it rubs me the wrong way so to speak..Plus..the guy who lives 2 doors down bought not 1 but 2 new lambogihini's last month...I need more power..lol

What to do..

I you don't have the sales agreement you should have negotiated when you gave the dealer your $2K, the $15K isn't a hardship for you and your family, and you really want the car then just pay the ADM and buy it! My two cents.... :rockon:

I you don't have the sales agreement you should have negotiated when you gave the dealer your $2K, the $15K isn't a hardship for you and your family, and you really want the car then just pay the ADM and buy it! My two cents.... :rockon:

I wish i could of set a price with them,but they wouldn't...i tried..but it was the only

game in town at the time..so it was take a chance or no car at all..so i took

a chance,but didn't come out in my favor. the cheapest any have been sold for in

this area is 5k over.

What to do..

You gotta keep THAT woman happy :woohoo:

Guest evilchris

This car is not worth $60,000. It is a very nice $40,000 car.

Dealers get away with this because people buy with their emotions, not their brains. Don't be the former.

Dealers get away with this because people buy with the emotions, not their brains. Don't be the former.

Gotta agree, everyone I've talked to wants 15K over, I also have the means to purchase...but I'm waiting until winter or early next year to see where there at...

Guest evilchris

Gotta agree, everyone I've talked to wants 15K over, I also have the means to purchase...but I'm waiting until winter or early next year to see where there at...

Same here. A lot of people seem to think if you won't pay ADM you are poor, which is nonsense.

are you a gt500 buyer?

When the price falls in line with the value of the vehicle I will buy one.

Guest evilchris

"When the price falls in line with the value of the vehicle I will buy one".

I'll take that as a no....

Whatever.

Are you a buyer?

Guest evilchris

Did you read my orginal post?

Yep. Still trying to make sense of how "are you a GT500 buyer" as a response to my statement makes any sense.

You didn't put in your post, that as a requirement to respond, one must be a "GT500 buyer".

However, I will say I am a "GT500 buyer" since I'll buy one.

Dealers get away with this because people buy with their emotions, not their brains. Don't be the former.

Same here. A lot of people seem to think if you won't pay ADM you are poor, which is nonsense.

When the price falls in line with the value of the vehicle I will buy one.

Add me to this kind of buyer. I won't preach (the ADM speach has been given too many times).

MYGT500 - you know why dealers are still asking $15k over? Because people like you are willing and able to pay it. Want it to go away - don't pay it. ADM's are decreasing. Will MSRP be here soon? Don't know. Will ADM's be less down the road? I'm betting my GT500 that they will. I CAN pay ADM, but WON'T. If you want one now, pay it. If you can wait, do so and pay less.

Yep. Still trying to make sense of how "are you a GT500 buyer" as a response to my statement makes any sense.

You didn't put in your post, that as a requirement to respond, one must be a "GT500 buyer".

However, I will say I am a "GT500 buyer" since I'll buy one.

Chris...I've read many of your "posts"..And if you were selling negativity,

and sarcastic remarks, you would be a millionare. I'm so done with your wise-ass

remarks..I'm sure i'm not speaking only for myself here...

Guest evilchris

Chris...I've read many of your "posts"..And if you were selling negativity,

and sarcastic remarks, you would be a millionare. I'm so done with your wise-ass

remarks..I'm sure i'm not speaking only for myself here...

If you'd read the progression, I replied with a level headed, rational reply. Then, you decided to poke me with a stick with your sarcasm laden reply.

I couldn't care less what someone like you thinks of me. :fan:

Nice gangbanger mentality you have too. "I'm sure I'm not speaking only for myself".

Here, I'll make a new reply, one you were hoping for when you made your post:

" YA D00D!!! $15O VEr IS SWEET DEAL!!! RuN DoWn ThERe ASDN SIGn NOw!!! DuDE IT SSO SWEEET, ITS WOEHTR $100,000 + WEASy!!

What to do..

You definately have to get real friendly with the guy two doors down.He may be be able to h$$lp.

Guest evilchris

Add me to this kind of buyer. I won't preach (the ADM speach has been given too many times).

MYGT500 - you know why dealers are still asking $15k over? Because people like you are willing and able to pay it. Want it to go away - don't pay it. ADM's are decreasing. Will MSRP be here soon? Don't know. Will ADM's be less down the road? I'm betting my GT500 that they will. I CAN pay ADM, but WON'T. If you want one now, pay it. If you can wait, do so and pay less.

If I said that to him he'd flame me. The hypocracy is amusing, I love guys like him =)

the basic problem with that thought is,the 2007 cars are sold out..The dealer has

out of state buyers at the 15k figure...So it's take it or no car for another yr..it's

not like if you wait until Jan or Feb the cars will be cheaper...there are NO cars..they

are ALL sold...get it?...2008 is a possibility....but they won't be out for 10 months...

Guest evilchris

the basic problem with that thought is,the 2007 cars are sold out..The dealer has

out of state buyers at the 15k figure...So it's take it or no car for another yr..it's

not like if you wait until Jan or Feb the cars will be cheaper...there are NO cars..they

are ALL sold...get it?...2008 is a possibility....but they won't be out for 10 months...

2007 is not sold out. Not even close. Call Bob Baker Ford in San Diego and ask if they have available, UNSOLD GT500's. The answer will be yes. Call Cerritos Ford. Call Mossy Ford of San Diego.

You sound like a dealer trying to justify his ADM with the "SOLD OUT" line.

2007 is not sold out. Not even close. Call Bob Baker Ford in San Diego and ask if they have available, UNSOLD GT500's. The answer will be yes. Call Cerritos Ford. Call Mossy Ford of San Diego.

You sound like a dealer trying to justify his ADM with the "SOLD OUT" line.

i'll put it this way...i live in a large metro area..I've called all Ford dealer with in a 75 mile radius,all alocations are sold...every one has a deposit on it..that covers about 75 dealers...most dealers are getting 2-4 car a yr....believe me...you can't order one now,unless its a 08..some dealer are buying from other dealers to get more cars...maybe that what they do in San Diego...I can't believe there aren 't 4 GT500 buyers in your area...

I am a GT500 buyer and I wouldn't pay ADM. I am poor though. I couldn't pay ADM if I wanted. Even if I had the means I wouldn't pay it but you have stated that this will cause no hardship. As long as you can easily afford it and you think it's worth it then I won't fault you for paying it. I just got in from driving mine and came in the house with a huge smile on my face. I enjoy every time I take it out. As much as I like the car though, I think Ford is getting all the car is worth and was pushing it to price it where they did. This is not a 60-65k car in my opinion. I don't think Ford could have done enough to make a 60-65k Mustang. If you get the car, I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine, but I just hate to see anyone pay that because I don't feel it's worth it.

I respectfully disagree. You know how I know all 2007's aren't sold already... because there are dozens of posts (including yours) that have cars sitting on dealers showroom floors. To me, "sold" means that the dealer has a buyer already, and the car, once it arrives, will not see the floor but will go directly to the new "owner". That's the case with many of the fortunate ones here, but there are going to be quite a lot of dealers who did not "pre-sell" the car because they hoped to put it on the floor to get as much as they could from it.

I bet if we added up all the people on these dealer "lists" we'd have 1/2 million "buyers" (obviously a made up #!) - making the dealers believe there's a huge demand. As cars keep being produced, shipped and brought into dealer inventories the real buyers will emerge from these lists and we'll see that there are many (maybe most) that are on many/dozens of lists or got on a list a year ago when they saw the car at the auto show and thought it was cool. Supply/demand will equalize and pricing WILL get better.

Again, don't buy on fear. Buy because you want it now vs. wait til later. Good luck with the desision.

Guest evilchris

I am a GT500 buyer and I wouldn't pay ADM. I am poor though. I couldn't pay ADM if I wanted. Even if I had the means I wouldn't pay it but you have stated that this will cause no hardship. As long as you can easily afford it and you think it's worth it then I won't fault you for paying it. I just got in from driving mine and came in the house with a huge smile on my face. I enjoy every time I take it out. As much as I like the car though, I think Ford is getting all the car is worth and was pushing it to price it where they did. This is not a 60-65k car in my opinion. I don't think Ford could have done enough to make a 60-65k Mustang. If you get the car, I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine, but I just hate to see anyone pay that because I don't feel it's worth it.

Coming from a buyer....

thanks Fastbackman. I'm not allowed to share your opinion though because I am not a "GT500 buyer".

Essentially what has happened here is like playing cards for 15k. If you really want to have the car and are somewhat uncertain about the number the dealer will see, you are going to have to pay to call. It's just that simple. If you fold now, and you really wanted this car over any or all others, be prepared to get bluffed out of $15K. And the main reason I liken it to gambling is that you (and the dealer) know that it isn't worth that 15k, its how badly you want to be a part of the game. So... game on.

Guest evilchris

i'll put it this way...i live in a large metro area..I've called all Ford dealer with in a 75 mile radius,all alocations are sold...every one has a deposit on it..that covers about 75 dealers...most dealers are getting 2-4 car a yr....believe me...you can't order one now,unless its a 08..some dealer are buying from other dealers to get more cars...maybe that what they do in San Diego...I can't believe there aren 't 4 GT500 buyers in your area...

There are many buyers in my area, including me. However none are willing to pay $15k over so the cars sit. The 1st car for each dealer got their ADM, but now that many dealers are on their 2nd and 3rd GT500's ( Bob Baker is on car 3 ), they can't move them with that ADM.

You can't order one because dealers won't let you, no other reason. They are ordering themselves, with no commitments, to try for ADM. It would be foolish for a dealer to let an allocation sit unordered. They just order them as they please and hope for the best.

Dealers like to floor this car as a showroom piece, and in the back of their minds are holding out for some moron to come in and offer $90k for their "rare", "one of a kind", "collectable" Shelby.

Bob Baker has had a vert floored for 2 weeks now. I was told they'd take $15k over, even though they have $25k over on the ADM sticker.

1 month ago, the car would have sold for $25k over in the blink of an eye. Now, it sits.

mygt500

The only one who can decide whether the car is worth an adm is you, probably with veto power to your wife.

:hysterical:

Life is short, and if you can really afford the car, buy it if you really want it. We all have different philosophies on our approaches to life, include that adm thing, so you should not adopt others' belief on any issue. Its kinda like putting off doing anything fun or costly, so that you can retire and be able to do all those things, and then dying the week before you actually retire. Enjoy the trip. I would also argue that we may never see these cars at list price, except at those dealers who just won't charge over list on basic principle. I think not too many of those guys are left with cars not spoken for. Too many people like the shelby, and I think once more of them get on the street, the demand may actually go up. Let's face it, its a slick looking car. Good luck with your choice.

......and I should add my guess that adm next spring and summer will drop down to 5-10K. Waiting awhile will probably give some relief from the high adms, at least as you get away from the coasts. KC right now seems to be stuck on 15-20k adm.

Guest evilchris

mygt500

The only one who can decide whether the car is worth an adm is you, probably with veto power to your wife.

:hysterical:

Life is short, and if you can really afford the car, buy it if you really want it. We all have different philosophies on our approaches to life, include that adm thing, so you should not adopt others' belief on any issue. Its kinda like putting off doing anything fun or costly, so that you can retire and be able to do all those things, and then dying the week before you actually retire. Enjoy the trip. I would also argue that we may never see these cars at list price, except at those dealers who just won't charge over list on basic principle. I think not too many of those guys are left with cars not spoken for. Too many people like the shelby, and I think once more of them get on the street, the demand may actually go up. Let's face it, its a slick looking car. Good luck with your choice.

I think the car has a limited market personally. Take the terminators for example. They hit the streets and their incredible potential was unlocked. Prices, however, went down.

The market for $45,000 Mustangs is more limited than some people think.

Essentially what has happened here is like playing cards for 15k. If you really want to have the car and are somewhat uncertain about the number the dealer will see, you are going to have to pay to call. It's just that simple. If you fold now, and you really wanted this car over any or all others, be prepared to get bluffed out of $15K. And the main reason I liken it to gambling is that you (and the dealer) know that it isn't worth that 15k, its how badly you want to be a part of the game. So... game on.

It's no bluff...I posted about 3 weeks ago that the same dealer called me that their first

GT500 came in and the person that ordered it refused to pay the ADM..so they called me ,and asked if i wanted it....I said no,and the car was sold to a dealer in NC for 15500 over MSRP...I saw it leave the dealer on a enclosed transport...The same buyer will take my car if i turn it down...so i has no bargaing chips at all

There are many buyers in my area, including me. However none are willing to pay $15k over so the cars sit. The 1st car for each dealer got their ADM, but now that many dealers are on their 2nd and 3rd GT500's ( Bob Baker is on car 3 ), they can't move them with that ADM.

You can't order one because dealers won't let you, no other reason. They are ordering themselves, with no commitments, to try for ADM. It would be foolish for a dealer to let an allocation sit unordered. They just order them as they please and hope for the best.

Dealers like to floor this car as a showroom piece, and in their back of their minds are holding out for some moron to come in and offer $90k for their "rare", "on of a kind", "collectable" Shelby.

I was fortunate enough to order mine as I wanted and it was the dealers first, but I know this is out of the ordinary. EC, I don't blame you for not paying ADM. I too, don't buy the argument that the dealers are sold out for the year. I think by waiting, you'll get it for sticker. I love my car for $43765, but for 15k more someone else would have to love it!

Archived