TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any body called on their KR yet?

in vegas or detroit???

I was told mine was being built this week by the dealer, then called SVT and they said that they couldn't find any info....called SAI and they told me to call SVT... you would think that spending this kind of money on a car, someone would know something... By the time I get the car it will be stored.....So my 2008 KR won't be driven until 2009.... Same thing happened with my gt 500 2007, took 8 months to get the car from the order date..... :banghead:

I was told mine was being built this week by the dealer, then called SVT and they said that they couldn't find any info....called SAI and they told me to call SVT... you would think that spending this kind of money on a car, someone would know something... By the time I get the car it will be stored.....So my 2008 KR won't be driven until 2009.... Same thing happened with my gt 500 2007, took 8 months to get the car from the order date..... :banghead:

i called Ford Performance and they said shelby has not started any yet

FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD THEY HAVE A MATERIAL HOLD AS THEY HAVE NO HOODS YET, BUT I AGREE THEY SHOULD POST SOMETHING ON HERE WITH THE STATUS OF THE KR BUILD

I think this is a smoke screen - I think they have no room there until all Snake's and 40th are done and gone and since those were delayed you can pretty much bet the KR's will be too.....but you are right - someone should post something up and HOLLA.....

I think this is a smoke screen - I think they have no room there until all Snake's and 40th are done and gone and since those were delayed you can pretty much bet the KR's will be too.....but you are right - someone should post something up and HOLLA.....

SAI is going to build the KR along side of the SSs and 40THs. From what I understand SSs and 40ths are LOSING some lifts so that they can build the KRs, but this was the plan the whole time. Right now they are just using the extra lifts until the KRs are ready to be built.

If Im wrong on this maybe someone at SAI can correct me. The bet the KRs will start REAL soon.

michael morris

just called SVT. Ours was built on 5-5 and shipped to vegas on 5-9. Should take 7 days to arrive in Vegas. They have not started any production on the KR's. They are expected to start in 2 weeks, which probably means longer( had the same issue with my GT 500 2007, took 9 months to get that one). Then they are quoting 8-12 weeks from then...So I am looking sometime in late August, if I am lucky.....

just called SVT. Ours was built on 5-5 and shipped to vegas on 5-9. Should take 7 days to arrive in Vegas. They have not started any production on the KR's. They are expected to start in 2 weeks, which probably means longer( had the same issue with my GT 500 2007, took 9 months to get that one). Then they are quoting 8-12 weeks from then...So I am looking sometime in late August, if I am lucky.....

So my guess about them being done around Labor Day might be right on track LOL go figure....now can I get the winning lottery ticket so I can get one!?

So my guess about them being done around Labor Day might be right on track LOL go figure....now can I get the winning lottery ticket so I can get one!?

They had over a year to get this platform in order, I just don't see why the latency getting started. If it is a vendor issue shame on them for choosing them for such a marquee car, people are chomping at the bit to get their car. And at 80K you would think they would be ready to go with pleanty of parts or installers or whatever the hold up may be.

I hope they get started by fall

1) You won't see any GT500KRs at the lot in Vegas because they are ALL being stored inside to protect them. There are a lot of GT500s inside buildings waiting for production to launch.

2) GT500KRs will be built concurrent with other models (GT500 SuperSnake, 40th).

1) You won't see any GT500KRs at the lot in Vegas because they are ALL being stored inside to protect them. There are a lot of GT500s inside buildings waiting for production to launch.

2) GT500KRs will be built concurrent with other models (GT500 SuperSnake, 40th).

SO BUILD THEM ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were told on the tour that none had arrive in Las Vegas yet for modification. Thats what we were "told". So if they are there, they will not tell you that they are there.

We did see some beautiful Super Snakes and 40th anniversary models being built and loaded for delivery. Those white super snakes are excellent with the flat black stripes. :happy feet: :speedie: Wish I could get one :spend:

I was at SAI on 5/9 ... no KRs there. they said there has been delays from Ford. That sound a little strange after seeing what ya'll are posting, but that's what they said

It isn't a delay on Ford's end. Ford has built 632 of them so far. So where are those at??? Sitting in storage at Ford because SAI is not ready yet.

Unless the parts are coming through Ford that SAI is using to convert these with where Ford hasn't got them the parts needed. Then maybe that could be the problem and what they mean by delays from Ford. ???

But as far as the cars go, Ford has built at least 632 so far.

BTW, it just amazes me how many dealers there are showing 2, 3 and 4 of these! Only a 1000 cars to go around and lots of dealers getting 2, 3 and 4 of these!

Lottery my azz!!!! What lottery????

SO BUILD THEM ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Venom it happens every time like Clockwork. I

ordered my 07 on the first day 3/13/06 and was

first in line after the Power Lease guys and got

the car on 9/11/2006. I work for the largest pump

manufacturer in the world and when a new product

is launched same exact scenario. They never hit

the launch date. Not even close. Don't get me wrong

the employees mean well but the logistics of this

type of operation are "Mind Blowing". ISO9001, Quality

Control, Vendor Deliveries, Raw Materials, Labor,

Shipping and Receiving, Computer Upgrades, the list

goes on. I usually take the launch date and add 3-4

months and with some luck barring any major problem

the product finally takes shape. The wait does build some

hype but interest is also lost along the way which will

have some negative impact on sales. Note: I have already

been told I don't know what I am talking about so this

is what I call my best guess. (Based on doing the same

thing for 30 years) I'm probably just out of touch.

It isn't a delay on Ford's end. Ford has built 632 of them so far. So where are those at??? Sitting in storage at Ford because SAI is not ready yet.

Unless the parts are coming through Ford that SAI is using to convert these with where Ford hasn't got them the parts needed. Then maybe that could be the problem and what they mean by delays from Ford. ???

BTW, it just amazes me how many dealers there are showing 2, 3 and 4 of these! Only a 1000 cars to go around and lots of dealers getting 2, 3 and 4 of these!

exactly !!!!!

there are some zone mgrs that havs got their ass reamed for this so called lottery, from what i hear :censored::censored::censored:

and the bastards need it!!!

Yep, I know a medium size dealer who has two lots and is getting two KR's.........hoping one will be mine!

However, they have been selling Shelby's since day 1.....maybe those dealers are getting prefferential treatment?

May 12, 2008 isue of AUTOWEEK just hit my desk. Cover story on the KR. Nice writeup. It does lament that most of these will never really see the street anyway, but that one of the SVT engineers hopes to carry forth the lessons learned to other projects [for the rest of us peons?]

:hysterical:

Yep, I know a medium size dealer who has two lots and is getting two KR's.........hoping one will be mine!

However, they have been selling Shelby's since day 1.....maybe those dealers are getting prefferential treatment?

There are a lot of dealers that get preferential treatment.

In this case MOST dealers getting these got one based on that. They threw a few around to small time dealers just to try to make it look good and appear as if they really had a lottery, but there never was a lottery and the dealers that got these were all picked.

It's not a delay on Shelby's end either. They are ready to build KRs.

Robert,

So what then is the delay? And why aren't they being built if there are literally hundreds of them at SAI ready to be built. Please someone shed to factual reason for the latency.

I also agree with the lottery or should I say what lottery.

Archived