TEAM SHELBY FORUM

what # Supersnake are we up to?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just wondering if anyone knows what # SuperSnake are we up to? Also, how many SuperSnake conversions are being averaged per month? thanks.

I believe SAI is in the mid #40s. Bud posted on here somewhere how many they were doing a week, but I cant find it. I will keep searching or I will email Bud and see if he has time to answer it. I know #45 was picked up end of last week. They are building 07s and 08s at the same time. Doesnt always mean that there are 80 cars complete. Some folks with lower numbers havent been able to bring cars in yet, but the question was what number are they on and its the mid 40s

michael morris

I believe SAI is in the mid #40s. Bud posted on here somewhere how many they were doing a week, but I cant find it. I will keep searching or I will email Bud and see if he has time to answer it. I know #45 was picked up end of last week. They are building 07s and 08s at the same time. Doesnt always mean that there are 80 cars complete. Some folks with lower numbers havent been able to bring cars in yet, but the question was what number are they on and its the mid 40s

michael morris

thanks michael, only 160 more cars to go. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Going to be awhile yet for the most of us. 18 lifts and 10 of them are going to be used for KR's when Ford gets the hoods to Shelby. Just saw someone's Red Vert SS outside. Washington state custom plate. Your car looks great!!! Yes I did take some pics of it..ok. Maybe more than a few pics of it. Saw quite a few 40th's as well.

I just talked to Bud and he said that they have called in up to # 80

Sharon

Are you saying up to # 80 of each year or 80 all together?

They better have not have called in up to # 80 of each year.

I'm number 08SS0067 and I haven't been called.

I was just in Vegas last week too. Was going to drop my car off but was told that it would sit there for an unknown amount of time before they got to it.

I believed at that time it could have been a few months prior to being worked on.

Are you saying up to # 80 of each year or 80 all together?

They better have not have called in up to # 80 of each year.

I'm number 08SS0067 and I haven't been called.

I was just in Vegas last week too. Was going to drop my car off but was told that it would sit there for an unknown amount of time before they got to it.

I believed at that time it could have been a few months prior to being worked on.

I am not sure about this, I will try to get a better clarification from BUD.

Sharon

• 2 weeks later...
You'll probably miss all the summer fun, why didn't they start conversions in the winter months...

I sure hope not.....Tasca just finished paper work with SAI and now they are getting organized...By the way your car looks awesome....take care of it.

Well with 08# 50 being done and back home, I'm expecting a call anyday for mine.......

Can't wait!

I was asking Cynthia about approximate time frames last week. Here's her response from Thursday, May 15th:

"To date we have completed the first ten convertibles, some of the VIP coupe’s low #’s in the 20’s and we called in the next batch of approximately 30 cars that range from #’s 26 to 62 on the 07’ list which are the “June” and some “July” deposits. We called these in approximately two weeks ago and they will arrive throughout May. Once we get closer to completing this batch of cars, we will work on calling in the next batch. That is where we are at this time. The only way we can tell you about what timeframe your car would be called in is when we are in the vicinity of your deposit time frame and/or CSM #. Otherwise, we can not “foretell” when your # would be called in. "

So I'd agree with you, that ringing phone may be "the call."

I'm heading out in a few hours to drive to SAI for the 40th conversion, with 725HP upgrade. I expect to be there Wednesday sometime, hopefully in time for the 10am tour. :shift:

I was asking Cynthia about approximate time frames last week. Here's her response from Thursday, May 15th:

"To date we have completed the first ten convertibles, some of the VIP coupe’s low #’s in the 20’s and we called in the next batch of approximately 30 cars that range from #’s 26 to 62 on the 07’ list which are the “June” and some “July” deposits. We called these in approximately two weeks ago and they will arrive throughout May. Once we get closer to completing this batch of cars, we will work on calling in the next batch. That is where we are at this time. The only way we can tell you about what timeframe your car would be called in is when we are in the vicinity of your deposit time frame and/or CSM #. Otherwise, we can not “foretell” when your # would be called in. "

So I'd agree with you, that ringing phone may be "the call."

I'm heading out in a few hours to drive to SAI for the 40th conversion, with 725HP upgrade. I expect to be there Wednesday sometime, hopefully in time for the 10am tour. :shift:

Thanks for the info!

Have a great trip!

They are up to #50 on the 08's?? I did not realize that from the prior posts. I guess they are jumping back and forth between 07 and 08 years based on deposit dates.

Yea in this post Bob took delivery of his.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28608

Well I was added to the list on April 29th 2007. I have emails to prove it.

My Deposit was sent in right when they called me in August of 2007.

Kind of hard to believe that many people got in front of me in 3 days lol.

I think the SS program was made public on the 26th.

July deposits are starting to be called up. Time frame to complete conversion is approx. 5-6 weeks from when car arrives to SAI.

Thanks Cynthia and Bryan for answering all my questions. You both are the best.

th_IMG_2548.jpg

th_IMG_2560.jpg

Cool.

How long did it take?

I'm # 08 67 and haven't heard anything yet.

Should be interesting.

I think it took about a week. They called regarding shipping info for the parts, and then a week later they called and said the car was ready.

Archived