TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is it compatible ? Does it fit in ?

I just installed a P4000 in my buddy's ranger. It is basically the AVIC-D3, but without Nav and the interface is slightly different. Also, it has USB input.. kinda cool.

As far as size, it is exactly the same as the D3 and will fit into the Mustang perfectly.. with the correct bracket.

If you want to bypass it- to play DVD's while driving- there is a different bypass procedure compared to the D3. If you are interested, let me know.

To connect any aftermarket head unit to the Shaker 1000, you need to install a 5v voltage regulator (from Radio Shack)..

Here is my write-up on the D3:

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=731487

Quite honestly, though, the D3 is going for a little over $600 on eBay (new), while the MSRP on the P4000 is $500.. You sure you don't want the D3? I never thought I would need Nav, but I've used it quite a few times..

Any questions, let me know.

I just put the AVIC-D3 in my SGT - it's awesome! It fits in perfectly and looks VERY much like it's supposed to be there (factory/OEM)

The Bluetooth interface wtih your cell kicks @$$. I can't say enough about it. . . . . only down side is that you can't watch movies while driving or - BIGGEST P.I.T.A. - is that you can't change your desitnation or any of that while driving or without pulling up the E-brake one click.

Chris hooked me up with the instructions on how to complete the e-brake bypass the D3 and I'm going to work on that Wed afternoon.

Best Buy has (or 'had' when I bought it Friday 5/2) the AVIC-D3 on sale for $699. Not sure how long that sale is good for.

I guess the reason for my post is to maybe encourage you to consider the D3 instead?? Personal preference I guess. Both are great!

Chris hooked me up with the instructions on how to complete the e-brake bypass the D3 and I'm going to work on that Wed afternoon.

Best Buy has (or 'had' when I bought it Friday 5/2) the AVIC-D3 on sale for $699. Not sure how long that sale is good for.

I guess the reason for my post is to maybe encourage you to consider the D3 instead?? Personal preference I guess. Both are great!

Glad to be of help! :yup:

$699 for a D3 through a retailer is a good deal. In fact, that's very close to what they sell for on eBay.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived