TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1/4 mile, road course or super speed?

For me it will be the tight back roads. I know some critics in here will whine," it's too heavy", in which I'll reply,"The car was designed well enough with it's power to drive twisties". It has good brakes, and pads are easy to replace. The only gripe I have is no IRS. I will have to see how I feel about the stock set up.

I will also be scratching the top end from time to time out on the wide open Interstates. As for the 1/4 milers, those that wanna try, will be tried and convicted. More than not will be sentenced to failure. :shift:

I am going to just drive mine. :car: Through the quarter, around the curve, flat footed. :woohoo: Gee, this car does everything well with the driveability to just cruise and listen to the tunes. :play: In fact in sits well in parking lots, except you have to beat people off with a stick. :camera:

Yes sir I am going to enjoy this one :cheerleader:

Dont fuss over the IRS. This Shelby rides a million times beter then the 04 Cobra!!!!! I know, I have both right now.

This whole "IRS IRS" is a f'ing joke! Screw the Jones'!!!!!!!!! Thanks for my solid axle!

Ok, Rant is over. Just do whatever you want, But dont wreck it!

I prefer 1/4 mile btw.

When and if I ever get my GT - I'll be mostly driving it through the twisties.

But - I gotta tell ya - my 350Z as it stands now will give y'all some pause when it comes to handling... :shift:

With the Eibachs and 3.90 gears - it corners like a slot car.

Me, just stop-light to stop-light jumps and occasional twisty's through what few mountains I have here that I encounter occasionally.

The car/cars are probably going to be a secondary driver, and same for the wife (if I pull off both) mostly for transit building to building in the city/on the freeway.

Probably won't mod either much, I'm just buying because:

- I'm a Ford and Shelby fan

- I have always wanted a nice Mustang, but never owned one

- Now I can! (It's good to have a good job, has perks)

I know it sounds boring as hell, but the fact that I CAN abuse the road when I want doesn't mean I'm going to every day.

Mike.

Me, just stop-light to stop-light jumps and occasional twisty's through what few mountains I have here that I encounter occasionally.

The car/cars are probably going to be a secondary driver, and same for the wife (if I pull off both) mostly for transit building to building in the city/on the freeway.

Probably won't mod either much, I'm just buying because:

- I'm a Ford and Shelby fan

- I have always wanted a nice Mustang, but never owned one

- Now I can! (It's good to have a good job, has perks)

I know it sounds boring as hell, but the fact that I CAN abuse the road when I want doesn't mean I'm going to every day.

Mike.

That's why we're, what you call, responsible adults! <sort of> ;)

If someone sends me a pink thong - I'll wear it - take a photo - and post it! :baby:

THAT is just wrong. :nonono: Wrong in SO many ways. :runaway:

I personally vow to send a few goons over to "visit" any one who sends Ruf a pink thong! That's a fact! :ohsnap:

Okay - they can be in the shot, too! :baby:

Have I mentioned I got Serialized today? :happy feet:

Gonna be rippin' up some NC blacktop real soon, you hear? :shift:

And - gonna get all these mods out of my office before wifey asks for a Rolex!

puff - puff - cough - cough - hey, man - pass me the bong... :hysterical:

If someone sends me a pink thong - I'll wear it - take a photo - and post it! :baby:

Mine tore while dipping thru the twisties on my YamahaR1 (ok, maybe not), but here's the ticket for Jets fans: Thong

------------------------

Shhhh, quiet now, I think I see one... yes, YES, the very last one of it's kind! Amazing! It's the extinct GTO!!! They look mean but they're just big, slow, red Holdens <lol>

post-4902-1156616507_thumb.jpg

But rumor has it that there are a few that survive in captivity and will be mated with a Camaro in '09 and look like this:

post-4902-1156616548_thumb.jpg

Shhhh, don't wanna frighten them...

:hysterical:

post-4902-1156616507_thumb.jpg

post-4902-1156616548_thumb.jpg

Archived