TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Motor Trend comparison

Wolf

Comparison: 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 vs. 2008 Ford Shelby GT500

They judged the Challenger the winner! :banghead:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes...t500/index.html

The MT video I viewed judged the GT500 the winner, at least in the performance category. The Challenger won only in braking, by one second. It did mention the Challenger's "nicer" interior.

So Challenger wins because it is more of an everyday driver? What's new? The GT 500 might lose that to a Honda Accord (but you tell me which one you'd rather drive on a Friday night or around some open roads instead of slogging home with groceries).

ARE THESE GUYS AT MOTOR TREND ON THE TAKE OR WHAT ???? :hysterical::hysterical: I CAN SEE THAT THE CHALLENGER MIGHT BE AS NICE LOOKING AS THE GT500. OTHERWISE THERE IS NO COMPARISOM.

[THE NUMBERS DO NOT LIE AND THE REST IS HISTORY. THE CARS THAT HAVE BEEN VALUED AT THE HIGHEST DOLLARS IN MUSCLE CAR HISTORY ARE THE ONES WITH THE BIGGEST HORSE POWER NUMBERS :finger::finger::finger:

SO MOTOR TREND MIGHT WANT TO RETHINK WHAT THEY HAVE SAID. FOR IN ABOUT 30 YEARS THE ABOVE MENTIONED FACT OF H.P. WILL BE PROVING THEM WRONG JUST LIKE I AM ON THIS THREAD .

THANK YOU ; GOODNIGHT AND GOODBYE DODGE CHALLENGER

" AND THAT'S THE FAXS JAXS "

" NEXT MUSCLE CAR COMPETITOR PLEASE "

We all k now how these magazines write their articles. They are the biggest bias based journalist around. They see a new product out on the market and they all quickly hop onto the bandwagon to promote it. At least they comared the Shelby to another American product instead of an import that wouldn't even be on our category. If Chryslers plans hold true, Dodge will become the truck division. Where ould that leave the Challenger? Can you imagine a Chrysler Challenger? That is why they haven't come out with the Cuda, Road Runner or GTX, because Plymouth no longer exist.

I just got this weeks Autoweek magazine and they test drove the production Challenger. On one hand they are praising the car, on the other hand they don't really like it much. They did a couple of comparisons to the Shelby such as weight and wheelbase but really nothing else.

Here is my take:

Challenger: 4140 pounds, 425 HP, 6.1L engine, automatic only, wheel base 116 inches.

Shelby GT500: 3920 pounds, 500 HP, 5.4L engine, manual only, wheel base 107 inches.

For me, I would take the Shelby over the Challenger any day. More HP and lighter car makes for a good go fast car.

Here is the link to the Autoweek article if anyone is interested.

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti.../-1/mmstoryfull

Archived