TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What does the color "vapor" really look like???

magrag

On May 14 my local dealer is to be getting in a GT500 and it is going to be "vapor" in color. I have a $500 deposit on it to have first pick if I want it.

I am not sure exactly what the vapor looks like???? Have seen a bunch of pictures but thay don't always the same.

Sometimes the pics. look silver and some look gray. So you guys that have vapor can you shed a little light on what this color it really is.

Thanks

On May 14 my local dealer is to be getting in a GT500 and it is going to be "vapor" in color. I have a $500 deposit on it to have first pick if I want it.

I am not sure exactly what the vapor looks like???? Have seen a bunch of pictures but thay don't always the same.

Sometimes the pics. look silver and some look gray. So you guys that have vapor can you shed a little light on what this color it really is.

Thanks

SILVER

My neighbor has one. Silver with a little purple in it. It actually looks pretty good IMO.

07, the color you are talking about is tungsten, the new color vapor is silver without the purple.

I realy like the vapor . :happy feet:

I am going to look a KR this weekend at another dealer. Is that a different color???

And no I am going to look to purchase, just want to see one in person.

Just check your dealer again, they should have exped's and focus with vapor colors, maybe even gt mustangs.

I am going to look a KR this weekend at another dealer. Is that a different color???

I didn't think any dealers had one yet. Where is he at?

I've got a buddy that just got his Vapor GT 500 last week and it is beautiful. Mine is alloy but the vapor with black stripes really does look good!!!!

I was also mixed about the Vapor but love the color. Its incredible on a sunny day. The paint has alot of metal-flake in it and is awesome in the sun. It looks totally different on a cloudy day. More of a medium gray/silver. I've had my car about 2 weeks and am happy I chose the Vapor. When the car comes in go look at it in the sunlight and I think you'll fall in love with it.

Stephen

First off, there is not even a hint of purple in it. Words do not do this color justice. svtakach62's description of medium gray/ silver is probaly the best; but you really need to see this color in person, in the sunlight. It's got a real pearl to it that words can't describe. This was a new color for '08 and I'm sure the dealer will have something in stock in this color. It was not a Mustang only color.

There are NO KRs at dealers yet and NO KRs in Vapor. KRs are only Blue, Silver, Black and Red.

michael morris

My Vapor GT5OO looks great! It is light grey/silver, with a hint of bronze to it. It is easy to keep clean (it is much easier to keep looking good compared to my ebony GT). It "blends" in with the other "silver" cars so as not to catch the attention of the law enforcers... My dealer selected the colors (vapor with black stripes) in honor of Eleanor...

You should be very pleased!

I'm sure that it is the fastest color... ;)

07, the color you are talking about is tungsten, the new color vapor is silver without the purple.

I realy like the vapor . :happy feet:

No, it is Vapor. Tungsten is actually a medium gray. Vapor is close to silver, but has a slight tinge of purple in it. If you have a Vapor car next to a silver car, the difference is very noticeable.

No, it is Vapor. Tungsten is actually a medium gray. Vapor is close to silver, but has a slight tinge of purple in it. If you have a Vapor car next to a silver car, the difference is very noticeable.

Thanks for clearing that up 07. I never did see the color Vapor in real life, but I did see a Tungsten GT500 and it defiantly does have a very noticeable touch of purple in the color. As a matter of fact there were people complaining about that here on this site when the GT500's first came out, that color was also on the GT's. When I look at Vapor on this site it looks like silver with no purple tone at all JMO though. :shrug:

My Vapor GT500 doesn't have any tinge of purple at all. As longebow said above, it has a slight tint of bronze off the metalflake in bright sunlight.

post-2919-1209943785.jpg

post-2919-1209943807.jpg

post-2919-1209943832.jpg

post-2919-1209943785.jpg

post-2919-1209943807.jpg

post-2919-1209943832.jpg

My Vapor GT500 doesn't have any tinge of purple at all. As longebow said above, it has a slight tint of bronze off the metalflake in bright sunlight.

post-2919-1209943785.jpg

post-2919-1209943807.jpg

post-2919-1209943832.jpg

Hey Dave_C, I agree this color is starting to grow on me, if I were buying a Shelby all over again, I would have to see this color car in real life up against a red one before I would order.

Buy the way, don't leave your car there to long, I don't think it would look very nice with a train stuck to it. :hysterical:

post-2919-1209943785.jpg

post-2919-1209943807.jpg

post-2919-1209943832.jpg

Is that a safe place to park for pictures?

I hope the 3:10 to Yuma doesn't arrive early. :hysterical:

For me, when I was first trying to decide which color I wanted, I was SO close to choosing the Ebony with Alloy striping, then I saw the Vapor and immediately changed my mind! My only other choice would have been Vista Blue with White striping, but my roommate is picking his up in that color combo. Besides, the Vapor just looks sickening in the sun, the metal flaking in the paint looks amazing.

It does have a little bit of a bronze like tinge to it at certain angles/lighting

Is that a safe place to park for pictures?

I hope the 3:10 to Yuma doesn't arrive early. :hysterical:

:lol: I think I'll be ok. The tracks in the pics actually run down the middle of the street for about 15 blocks. It's in the "old downtown" section of my town. It's only used by about 5-6 trains per WEEK. None on Sat-Sun when these pics were taken.

Picked mine up on 5/8/08. I originally wanted white with the blue stripes, but once I saw this color combo, I changed my mind in a hurry. Plus my wife likes it alot better than the white (it's always good to mutually agree)

post-3226-1210692392.jpg

post-3226-1210692392.jpg

Picked mine up on 5/8/08. I originally wanted white with the blue stripes, but once I saw this color combo, I changed my mind in a hurry. Plus my wife likes it alot better than the white (it's always good to mutually agree)

post-3226-1210692392.jpg

Nice, but.....did you changed your mind? Or did she changed your mind? :hysterical:

Hey, that looks like my driveway. I have a red suburban and the Vapor GT500.

Heh, its at my girlfriends house. Her dad has a red Tahoe, I was detailing the beast over there due to my apartment complex not having a wash area. Luxury apartments my ass! :banghead:

Archived