TEAM SHELBY FORUM

INSTRUMENT CLUSTER GT500

I dont have the owners manual in front of me, but Im pretty sure the GT500 is standard with MYCOLOR dash. You use the 3 buttons on the dash. INFO,SETUP,RESET. I think( please correct me if Im wrong) that you go into setup. Its one of the choices in there. My car is on the showroom and I will try to look at it real quick.

michael morris

Display color

The instrument cluster gauges are backlit with white backlighting when

the headlamps are off. When the headlamps are on, the user can select

one of six preset colors or one user definable color (MyColor) for the

nighttime gauge backlighting. Headlamps must be on to set up the

nighttime display color.

Note: A gauge in a warning condition will be lit red when the headlamps

are on.

1. Press SETUP to get to the

DISPLAY COLOR set up menu.

2. Pressing RESET will scroll

through the following selectable

colors:

Green Blue

Purple White

Orange Red

MyColor Adjust (to define MyColor)

Display color

The instrument cluster gauges are backlit with white backlighting when the headlamps are off. When the headlamps are on, the user can select one of six preset colors or one user definable color (MyColor) for the nighttime gauge backlighting. Headlamps must be on to set up the nighttime display color.

Note: A gauge in a warning condition will be lit red when the headlamps are on.

1. Press SETUP to get to the DISPLAY COLOR set up menu.

2. Pressing RESET will scroll through the following selectable

colors:

Green

Blue

Purple

White

Orange

Red

MyColor Adjust (to define MyColor)

Adjusting MyColor: MyColor is a user defined backlighting color. The backlighting colors are achieved through the blending of light from Red, Green, and Blue LEDs. Apart from the 6 preset colors, drivers can create their own color by adjusting the levels of the three primary colors through the MyColor feature to achieve any of 125 different combinations. The vehicle must be stationary to enter the MyColor adjust mode. To enter the MyColor adjust mode, hold RESET for 3 seconds at the Adjust menu, or press SETUP to scroll though the display colors again. When in the MyColor adjust mode, pressing RESET will step through the Red, Green, Blue and Exit options. Pressing SETUP will increment the proportion of the color being adjusted. Try many combinations and

record your favorites. To Save and Exit MyColor adjust hold RESET for 3 seconds when prompted. Pressing RESET for less than 3 seconds will cycle back through the color components.

Speaking of the center gauge cluster-instrument panel, the center 4 gauge cluster between the speedometer and tach, with the SS package conversion, why does the center gauge cluster still have oil & boost gauges?

How about converting one to a volt meter and the other to oil temp? or doing away with the 4 gauge cluster and converting to 2 gauges = Fuel & Water Temp gauge with actual operating temperature numbers.

Speaking of the center gauge cluster-instrument panel, the center 4 gauge cluster between the speedometer and tach, with the SS package conversion, why does the center gauge cluster still have oil & boost gauges?

How about converting one to a volt meter and the other to oil temp? or doing away with the 4 gauge cluster and converting to 2 gauges = Fuel & Water Temp gauge with actual operating temperature numbers.

I agree, I thought this was pretty stupid as well to have 2 boost guages.....WTH?

I am not particularly crazy about the guages that come with the conversion either.....Boring old white lights for illumination...They could have at least used the Autometer Cobalts.......

JW

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

THANKS EVERBODY FOR THE MY COLOR INFO. IT HAS SAVED ME THE HASSLE OF READING MY MANUAL ; AND IT HAS ALLOWED ME TO KEEP IT IN IT'S ORIGINAL PLASTIC. HOPEFULLY THIS WILL HAVE SOME SORT OF ADDED VALUE TO CAR IT 30 OR 40 YEARS WHEN I TRADE IT IN FOR MY NEW FLYING CAR. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

( P . S . ) MY COLOR RULES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW MANY OTHER CARS OUT THERE THAT CAN CHANGE THEIR COLOR .

I really like the dash. I have a red car with red and black insides. I keep the ambient lighting on RED. The dash is on RED. Looks really cool at night with the black and red all over.

michael morris

I AGREE MIKE. I LIKE RED IN THE DARKNESS OF MY LIMO TINTED GO VERT.

Archived