TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CONVERTIBLE STYLING BAR for the SUPER SNAKE

HEY GUYS, WOULD LIKE SOME INPUT HERE.

I HAVE AN 08 GT500 BLACK VERT AND I AM ON SCHEDULE FOR THE SS PACKAGE.

MY QUESTION IS: THE SS PACKAGE INCLUDES THE STYLING BAR "WITH" THE BRAKE LIGHT, SHELBY PERFORMANCE PARTS OFFERS THE CONVERTIBLE STYLING BAR "WITHOUT" THE BRAKE LIGHT.

I AM THINKING, IF SAI WILL ALLOW, TO OPT WITH THE STYLING BAR "WITHOUT" THE BRAKE LIGHT ON MY SS PACKAGE, SHELBY PERFORMANCE PART # 5R3Z-CSB.

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

HEY GUYS, WOULD LIKE SOME INPUT HERE.

I HAVE AN 08 GT500 BLACK VERT AND I AM ON SCHEDULE FOR THE SS PACKAGE.

MY QUESTION IS: THE SS PACKAGE INCLUDES THE STYLING BAR "WITH" THE BRAKE LIGHT, SHELBY PERFORMANCE PARTS OFFERS THE CONVERTIBLE STYLING BAR "WITHOUT" THE BRAKE LIGHT.

I AM THINKING, IF SAI WILL ALLOW, TO OPT WITH THE STYLING BAR "WITHOUT" THE BRAKE LIGHT ON MY SS PACKAGE, SHELBY PERFORMANCE PART # 5R3Z-CSB.

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

Email BudM@shelbyautos.com

He will be able to tell you if they will allow that in replace of the lighted bar.

Hope this helps

michael morris

thanks michael.

emailed Bud. Bud replied. ANSWER NO. Bud qoute: "The light bar we put on does have the 3rd brake light into it. It is part of the SS package and the 40th Annv package. Unfortunately since it is part of the package, I can not delete it or change it to differ from the ones we install. After you receive your vehicle back, you could change it to the one one that you like---if you wish too."

.02 soap box: "PART OF THE PACKAGE"???

- Doesn't the SS package have choice options. except for the vert 605 or 725 HP option. Touring or Racing suspension option. Brake calipers color option. 40th Anvsy pkg - Wheel/Rim option. Polished supercharger option.

The third brake light on the styling bar really does not make sense. We already have a third brake light on the rear trunk lid and personally I think a brake light on the "styling bar" = it is ugly. Furthermore, the one without is less expensive. $349.99 vs $429.99

Speaking of redundant, the center 4 gauge cluster between the speedometer and tach, with the SS package conversion, why does the center gauge cluster still have oil & boost gauges?

How about converting one to a volt meter and the other to oil temp? or doing away with the 4 gauge cluster and converting to 2 gauges = Fuel & Water Temp gauge with actual operating temperature numbers?

thanks michael.

emailed Bud. Bud replied. ANSWER NO. Bud qoute: "The light bar we put on does have the 3rd brake light into it. It is part of the SS package and the 40th Annv package. Unfortunately since it is part of the package, I can not delete it or change it to differ from the ones we install. After you receive your vehicle back, you could change it to the one one that you like---if you wish too."

.02 soap box: "PART OF THE PACKAGE"???

- Doesn't the SS package have choice options. except for the vert 605 or 725 HP option. Touring or Racing suspension option. Brake calipers color option. 40th Anvsy pkg - Wheel/Rim option. Polished supercharger option.

The third brake light on the styling bar really does not make sense. We already have a third brake light on the rear trunk lid and personally I think a brake light on the "styling bar" = it is ugly. Furthermore, the one without is less expensive. $349.99 vs $429.99

Speaking of redundant, the center 4 gauge cluster between the speedometer and tach, with the SS package conversion, why does the center gauge cluster still have oil & boost gauges?

How about converting one to a volt meter and the other to oil temp? or doing away with the 4 gauge cluster and converting to 2 gauges = Fuel & Water Temp gauge with actual operating temperature numbers?

Your welcome. I didnt think you would be able to change, but I wasnt sure and I knew Bud would know. I can understand making these packages only one way, I love my SS and I think you will too.

michael morris

Archived