TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Not so slow.

ShowCar

I took the GT to the track last night and got some good numbers. Keep in mind shes a automatic and Shelby stock. The 60ft. did help too. :happy feet:

timeslips002-1.jpg

I dont know the DA yet. I will guess it was below 1,000ft. It was about 50 degrees and low humidity.The Barometer was about 30.08 and falling. I had 32psi in the tires and did a small DRY burnout to clean the tires. Overall she ran well.

Thanks guys. I have some seat time under the belt but 105mph is mostly Horsepower. Even when I ran a couple 13.6's it was at 103-104 as the track started to go away. It got cold fast.

Manual cars are only as fast as the guy shifting. My car has 3.55 gears in the rear. I was really thinking the suspension was going to hurt my traction but it really didnt matter. Next a torque converter may be in the cards. Then it should run 12's in good weather.

Manual cars are only as fast as the guy shifting. My car has 3.55 gears in the rear. I was really thinking the suspension was going to hurt my traction but it really didnt matter. Next a torque converter may be in the cards. Then it should run 12's in good weather.

Yeh, and I find that the 5-speed manual is a bit tough to speed shift from 1-2-3... The old BW T-10 was much easier to shift rapidly. I also heard other folks say that the tranny shifted better when warmed up.

Even though the Hurst is a nice shifter, my tranny is still tight. Perhaps it will loosen up a bit with more mileage... I`ll bet that the auto w/ 3.55s is quicker and more consistent than the tremec 5-speed manual.

If you drive it on the street you will probably not like increasing the stall rpm of the TC. Perhaps consider 3:73s or 4:10s instead? or wider tires if you had any spin... Good Luck...

those numbers look great. I have never drag raced at a drag strip. My mustang club has a drag day set up for next weekend May 10 at Englishtown.....So I lose my cherry next Saturday.

I will post my times, but promise not to laugh! :redcard:

it's easy to get hooked - it's a blast to get into it and not worry about the radar detector, cops, etc.

Good luck!

I had a 3400 stall in my 2004 Mach1 and it was very driveable. We made some tuning adjustments due to the stall but she ran 12.80's all day long. Just an Hpipe, tune, and stall. Thats all we needed to see those numbers. Heres the best part we did it on stock goodyear gatorbacks. Sixty foots were always in the 1.75-1.85 range. I plan on getting the shelby into the twelves with the same mods. We will see what happens. I still plan on LIGHTLY High speed autocrossing her too.

those numbers look great. I have never drag raced at a drag strip. My mustang club has a drag day set up for next weekend May 10 at Englishtown.....So I lose my cherry next Saturday.

Which club is this?

• 2 weeks later...

Times...? :waiting:

Ok, I had 5 runs down the track. Had the time of my life, learned alot and cant wait to go again.

with street tires:

Time Trials:

First run: 13.80 at 103 mph,

2nd run: 14.27 at 99.46 / Spun the tires, tried to be aggressive, went too far.

3rd run: 13.79 at 100.73

Elimination:

4th run: 13.78 at 102.95 (Beat at GT/CS with a whipple), won and advanced.*

5th run: 13.92 at 103.25 ....spun the tires again going against a Cobra, but peddled it and

hooked up right away..........only lost 2 tenths off my best time. Recovered much better.

I am trying to post my time slips.....I hope it works. All in all, I was very happy for my first time.

I KNOW the car has more in it and with some better driving hopefully I will get there.

I was a little nervous about doing this, and to all of you who never have.....go for it. It was a blast.

The car never wavered side to side, went down the track as straight as an arrow.

Now to learn to launch better and I'll be all set.

*Won a Trophy and Window sticker that says "Class Winner"..........got an 11x14 pic of my car at the start line framed with the Raceway Park logo on it as a momento.....they have a photographer at the start line.

TimeSlips5102008.pdf

My car was # 717.

It was in the 70s and humid all day. Had rained earlier. The last 2 rounds that I watched from the stands......everyone was breaking out. It got alot cooler, into the low 60s, high 50s, and everyone was running 2 to 3 tenths faster..........good to know if I advance further next time.

TimeSlips5102008.pdf

Glad you had fun. Now if you can get the 60ft. down to a 2.0000 or better you can get a another tenth and a half off your best time.. Plus it sounds like the weather was a factor. Get more seat time and have fun.

Archived