TEAM SHELBY FORUM

605 Question

Yes. If I'm reading your question right.

I obviously needed more coffee! ;)

When the new S/C is fitted, do SAI, Tasca, etc, remap the stock Ford ECU with a new profile?

My assumption is that the stock ECU map isn't adaptable and therefore needs a full new map put on it to get the best from the new engine/SC combination?

I hope I'm asking the question more clearly this time!

I obviously needed more coffee! ;)

When the new S/C is fitted, do SAI, Tasca, etc, remap the stock Ford ECU with a new profile?

My assumption is that the stock ECU map isn't adaptable and therefore needs a full new map put on it to get the best from the new engine/SC combination?

I hope I'm asking the question more clearly this time!

Yes, the FRPP comes with a Procal tune, and the KB comes with a KB tune.

Yes, the FRPP comes with a Procal tune, and the KB comes with a KB tune.

Excellent, thanks!

Am I right to say that the FRPP is an Eaton TVS?

Sorry about all the questions but I'm obviously removed for all the information living in Europe! :banghead:

Excellent, thanks!

Am I right to say that the FRPP is an Eaton TVS?

Sorry about all the questions but I'm obviously removed for all the information living in Europe! :banghead:

Yes, the TVS is an Eaton

Talk to Dennis @ Tasca. There is alot to do with the TVS to make big power on it.

Thanks Kyle but I'll be happy with the 605bhp that comes stock with the SS upgrade.

Perhaps the way I phrased my first question is what has confused the issue because all I wanted to know was: does the SS 605bhp upgrade involve remapping the stock GT500 ECU. I assumed the ECU would need a new software map to get the best result from the new S/C but wasn't sure and this is why I asked the question. Son of GT has answered that and confirmed that the GT500 ECU gets a Procal remap during the 605 SS conversion process.

The only change I'd like to make is to delimit the car - 155mph isn't fast enough when you have the chance to drive the car in Germany! :hyper:

Archived