TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Yikes!....a different SGT for sale

BergShelby

What do you think of this SGT that is for sale on eBay? Its a little different....a gt500 hood, spoiler, and red snake trim pieces. Stripes were removed, has a GlassBack and super charger. If it wasn't for the Shelby console badge I would think it was some kind of bad clone.

The seller will swap the hood back to the original hood and include a stripe kit for the buyers that want to which back....for the now listed 30300....it might be worth it for a SGT S/C. Will be interesting to see what it sells for...

af08_12.JPG

8dd1_12.JPG

92ae_12.JPG

a2c3_12.JPG

1cae_12.JPG

de6b_12.JPG

ebay listing

If you want to see a really bad clone....check out this next listing...

Shelby clone....bad one.

all that work and now its for sale? the modifications actually look clean for the most part. I don't care for the Toyo emblazened all over the side. Whatever floats your boat...

I have a feeling that Toyo Tires bought this particular SGT as a show car and did the modifications to it for show purposes...It appears to be a one of a kind vehicle...I don't care for the graphics on it either, but everything else seems to be done well...

#1) I've been watching that one, only 877 miles, mostly in and out of the trailer and into show grounds, - yes it was a show car built for Toyo. I like it. Good price so far. CDC has actually had the glass back roof available for the public since late 2005. SEMA and other show cars are pretty regularly sold for huge losses, but they are nomally written off as advertising expenses anyhow.

#2) Somebody needs to get those Shelby emblems off of that car. That is horrible. :barf:

I thought glassroof was new for 08, or were there 07s out there testing the option we didnt know about? :jackinbox:

At ShelbyFest 08 there was a Twister Mustang with the glassroof. The folks that build the Twister said they retrofit them; they did the roof on Amy's SuperSnake. I think the cost was $3 - $4,000.

I do like the faux Cobra gas cap on the back, but besides that it should have been kept original IMO.

It sold for $37600.00 Not a bad deal when the buyer could convert it back to original fairly cheaply (seller giving orig hood and new stripe package)....and you still have a Shelby/Paxton polished 1200 SC, glassback roof, low number car (#175) with only 877 miles. I would say a good buy. Congrats to the new buyer. happy%20feet.gif

+1

It might be a an aftermarket look-a-like

I didn't think the GT-500 hood fit either....but they say...

"This is a take off hood and never has been repainted. We removed it from a new black Shelby 500 to use on this car."

Who knows??? You be the judge. Is it Live or is it Memorex?

af08_12.JPG

6855_4.JPG

Archived