TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got the call today!

I am working quickly to get quotes for shippers...I am really nervous about getting the right one...but MAN this is going to be expensive. Looks like 1200-1400 from Texas to Vegas. I plan to drag my enclosed trailer out and back to pick it up, that way I can take my parts too.

I can't wait...the anticipation will get even worse once my car gets on its way to Vegas.

I am not doing the brakes or 605 kit...hope I don't regret that but this is already so expensive I just didn't think I should drop 25K in total on this. It will already be over 14K after the kit, short throw and tax. I am considering the gear swap, but at ~$800, I am trying to decide whether to have SAI do it or my local speed shop...any thoughts on this?

I can't wait!!! :happy feet:

It's really a personal choice as to whether you want to keep it all Shelby or not. Since you went with the 40th, I would wait and have your additional mods done at the SAI mod shop in Dallas as time and money permit. The blue and silver is a great combination. Congratulations, you're going to love your car.

It's really a personal choice as to whether you want to keep it all Shelby or not. Since you went with the 40th, I would wait and have your additional mods done at the SAI mod shop in Dallas as time and money permit. The blue and silver is a great combination. Congratulations, you're going to love your car.

Thanks Cobrafan...you think the Dallas shop will ever get up and going?

• 2 weeks later...
They picked up the car Saturday...I already miss it. Of all the mustangs I currently own, I love driving this one most. This will be the longest 4-5 weeks! I can't wait!!!!

Trust me, it will be worth the wait.

Trust me, it will be worth the wait.

I know, you are right...it arrived today and should be going into the shop on Monday. I did go ahead with the gears and short throw, but the car could be ready in as little as 2-3 weeks! Time to start planning the road trip to Vegas!!!

Are there any newly completed 40th's out there? I would love to see some pics to help hold me over!

I call all of them all newly completed! You will love yours!

WOW! Beautiful! I have always been a big fan of white....my '03 Cobra was white. Yeah, I guess they are all fairly recent, but according to the good folks at Shelby, they are turning out an average of 5-10 per week...seems like we would have seen more posts at that rate.

Thanks for sharing! Keep 'em coming!

I know, you are right...it arrived today and should be going into the shop on Monday. I did go ahead with the gears and short throw, but the car could be ready in as little as 2-3 weeks! Time to start planning the road trip to Vegas!!!

Are there any newly completed 40th's out there? I would love to see some pics to help hold me over!

Ask and you shall receive! I just put the louvres on, and I swapped out the 40th anniversary Borlas for the 5GT Borlas and HOLY SH$T this thing sounds mean now! Sounds so sick! I also did the 605 supersnake power / brake/ shifter upgrades, and I just ordered the EVO TVS stage 1 Tune from Fred today, and it will take the HP up to 735! Enjoy!

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

I dropped off my blue vert yesterday for the 40th conversion and what did I see just coming off of the truck at about 1pm Las Vegas time? Another blue vert with over the top stripes with a Texas plate that says COBRA. Brian, the very thorough check in guy, was going over it with a fine tooth comb to catalogue every non-factory mark. He found a couple on mine that I hadn't noticed before. Your car looked fine as they parked it in front of the building next to the museum. After Brian and Bud finished my check in paper work, under my unblinking eye, they parked my car right next to yours. They looked really cool together (mine has no stripes) with your COBRA plate and my VNMUSS California plate. Hindsight is 20/20, but I wish I would have stopped to get a picture of the two of them so you could see that yours arrived in good shape. But I had packed my camera away and did not want to further impose on the friends that were driving me to the airport for my lonely flight home. I have a return flight scheduled for June 6, which should leave plenty of time for the conversion to be completed. Then the awesome drive home with the top down :superhero: . I purposely did not give them my LoJack keyfob so that when they pull the car out of storage and start working on it, I will get notified. I got 2 alerts after I left as they moved it around to stash it away. I'll keep you posted on my alerts. Don't want to hijack your thread, just wanted you to know that your car was seen alive and livin' large in Las Vegas :happy feet:

I dropped off my blue vert yesterday for the 40th conversion and what did I see just coming off of the truck at about 1pm Las Vegas time? Another blue vert with over the top stripes with a Texas plate that says COBRA. Brian, the very thorough check in guy, was going over it with a fine tooth comb to catalogue every non-factory mark. He found a couple on mine that I hadn't noticed before. Your car looked fine as they parked it in front of the building next to the museum. After Brian and Bud finished my check in paper work, under my unblinking eye, they parked my car right next to yours. They looked really cool together (mine has no stripes) with your COBRA plate and my VNMUSS California plate. Hindsight is 20/20, but I wish I would have stopped to get a picture of the two of them so you could see that yours arrived in good shape. But I had packed my camera away and did not want to further impose on the friends that were driving me to the airport for my lonely flight home. I have a return flight scheduled for June 6, which should leave plenty of time for the conversion to be completed. Then the awesome drive home with the top down :superhero: . I purposely did not give them my LoJack keyfob so that when they pull the car out of storage and start working on it, I will get notified. I got 2 alerts after I left as they moved it around to stash it away. I'll keep you posted on my alerts. Don't want to hijack your thread, just wanted you to know that your car was seen alive and livin' large in Las Vegas :happy feet:

SWEET! Thanks Just Tony...Cynthia sent me some pics, but I like your account of the story just as much as I liked getting the pics! We'll have to get some post conversion pics together if that's possible.

I'll keep you posted on my alerts. Don't want to hijack your thread, just wanted you to know that your car was seen alive and livin' large in Las Vegas :happy feet:

Hey Just Tony! Did you get any alerts today? Hope they started on our cars today (or last week even)!

The LoJack didn't go off but Cynthia called and said my car had been moved to the shop. She wanted to know about my signed dash plaque and whether is should stay or go. She said I was scheduled for next week but got bumped up (maybe a parts issue on some other cars, she didn't say why). I'll still give you a head's up if LoJack sends a message - could mean a test drive :happy feet: .

Tony

The LoJack didn't go off but Cynthia called and said my car had been moved to the shop. She wanted to know about my signed dash plaque and whether is should stay or go. She said I was scheduled for next week but got bumped up (maybe a parts issue on some other cars, she didn't say why). I'll still give you a head's up if LoJack sends a message - could mean a test drive :happy feet: .

Tony

I called her today and she said mine probably won't go until next week... :angry22: Glad yours got bumped up tho. What did you decide on the dash plaque?

I called her today and she said mine probably won't go until next week... :angry22: Glad yours got bumped up tho. What did you decide on the dash plaque?

OK, either confusion on my part or Shelby's....but I got the call from Adrienne and it is READY!!!! I can't wait to go get it!

Wow! That was quite a turnaround in status. As for my dash plaque, I had them take off the signed one and put on the 40th one. True confession time: when I ordered the dash plaque, my lexdysia got the better of me and I transposed a number so the VIN on the signed plaque is incorrect. Only a true Shelbyite would catch it.

1ZVHT...S475.... - Correct VIN

1ZVHT...S754.... - VIN on the dash plaque :fool: :finger::banghead::hysterical3: Doh!!!!!

Tony

Wow! That was quite a turnaround in status. As for my dash plaque, I had them take off the signed one and put on the 40th one. True confession time: when I ordered the dash plaque, my lexdysia got the better of me and I transposed a number so the VIN on the signed plaque is incorrect. Only a true Shelbyite would catch it.

1ZVHT...S475.... - Correct VIN

1ZVHT...S754.... - VIN on the dash plaque :fool: :finger::banghead::hysterical3: Doh!!!!!

Tony

Yay! :) Your car is done-- and Adrienne is a "knight in shinning shelby" again! :)

Woohoo! Can't wait to deliver your car!

:happy feet:

-Adrienne

Yay! :) Your car is done-- and Adrienne is a "knight in shinning shelby" again! :)

Woohoo! Can't wait to deliver your car!

:happy feet:

-Adrienne

Okay, I'm just going to call you "Bubbles" from now on. After meeting you, all I can see is your smiling face when I read your posts... :D

"all I can see is your smiling face when I read your posts..."

And I thought it was just me! :)

"Bubbles"... Hmmm... That works! :) I love to deliver cars. I always say that the next best thing to owning one is to be able to deliver them to others. Im not jealous.. IM NOT IM NOT IM NOT :hysterical: ... LOL :)

Have a Happy Memorial Day ya'll!

"Bubbles"... Hmmm... That works! :) I love to deliver cars. I always say that the next best thing to owning one is to be able to deliver them to others.

Okay, I'll take one of those, one of those, and 2 of those ones over there. Thanks, Bubbles! :superhero:

I'm finding it hard to imagine that my car may already have the stripes on it already, by the time I got back home even.

Must..... work..... now....

Arrrrgh! :angry22:

Archived