TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT500 book

GT500FLYBOY

Sharon,

Wanted to post up and thank you for staying on top of this. I got my book in yesterday, and I feel it was well worth the wait. It's also a nice companion piece to the Ford GT book I have.

The photography is very nicely done, and some of the stories are a great reading.

The artist concept of the GT500 would have been interesting had it seen produciton.

My thanks for your efforts.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now that we are back from Gingerman I will be reviewing the rest of the addresses that people sent me that have not gotten a book and sending them out today.

Sharon

Thank you very much Sharon, Mine came earlier in the week but did not have access to post a thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

Can anyone tell me if this book has any pictures of early production '67 GT 500s?

Thanks,

Eric

It is 90% about the New GT 500. The beginning talks about the early Cars with a few Pics but Only 1 of a Light Blue 1967 Shelby, can't tell if it is early or late though.

David.

It is 90% about the New GT 500. The beginning talks about the early Cars with a few Pics but Only 1 of a Light Blue 1967 Shelby, can't tell if it is early or late though.

David.

67` is a mid production has inboard fog lamps. There are several pictures of the 60`s Shelbys a book worth having

67` is a mid production has inboard fog lamps. There are several pictures of the 60`s Shelbys a book worth having

The Inboard Lights do not tell you that it is Early or Late production. The CS Number on the Plate does and the real early Cars had Red Lights mounted on the Upper Side Scoops.

The Inboard Lights do not tell you that it is Early or Late production. The CS Number on the Plate does and the real early Cars had Red Lights mounted on the Upper Side Scoops.

David,

Thanks for the information. My car is the very first production GT 500 built by Shelby American. I was hoping they may have included some photos of my car that had never been published before. I am always looking for new information and pictures to add to my collection.

Thanks,

Eric

Archived