TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW GRABBER ORANGE VERT FOR 2,000 OVER MSRP

COBRA SCOTTY

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

NOW THAT ALOT OF EXCITEMENT OF OWNING A GRABBER ORANGE

SHELBY GT500 VERT ARE EASIED. I AM REALLY ENJOYING THE EMENCE POWER INCREASE OVER

MY 03 COBRA.

THE QUESTION THAT I HAVE BEEN ASKING MY SELF IS ; COULD I HAVE GOTTEN A BETTER PRICE ? WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK.

I WAS ABLE TO GET EVERY AVAILIBLE OPTIONS AND ORDERED IT AS A GRABBER ORANGE STRIPE DELETE VERT. ADDITONALLY , ONLY 15 WERE MADE OF THE 160 G.O. VERTS IN 07. ; AND THE POSSIBLE ANTICIPATION OF LESS PRODUCTION FOR GRABBER ORANGE VERTS IN 08 .

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF THE VALUE ON THIS 08 GRABBER ORANGE GT500 VERT COMPARED TO THE OTHER COLORS AND THEIR PRODUCTION NUMBERS AND (VALUE / RARENESS.)

I was thinking about that over the weekend and without being emotional about it and using logic, here is my main thought. Even though we are in love with our cars, think about how much has changed, but is almost similar, since the 60's and 70's when the earlier cars were produced! Gas crisis sound familiar?? I guess history does really repeat itself!! :talkhand: Anyway, I was sitting in the garage admiring the cars and working on a 70 GT500 Vert restoration, and I felt like someone hit me in the head with a frying pan!! All this time, effort and money for something that relies on fossil based fuel to be of much use or value?? In 40 more years will our cars be only usefull for Museum Pieces or as Art??? I know some people will chime in because they have a crystal ball and know that these cars will be worth Millions!!! I would hope so, but I am not banking on it!! I am sure many would agree that $80k put elsewhere, could return significantly more in 20-40 years! I think I will just keep enjoying them, driving them on as many nice, sunny days as possible, take them to as many car shows as possible and just enjoy them without thinking about the future value they may have! I wonder how many of us have Mothballed the early cars and never got to enjoy them because they are now in the hands of collectors and remain in a climate controlled storage?? Wheewww, now that I have got that off my chest, it all doesn't seem so bad to want to just enjoy these cars!! I am curious to see what others are going to say?????

Buy what you want, Pay what you can afford, and drive it like you stole it!!!!!

If the car goes up, THATS GREAT!, but buy the car because you love them. I know you didnt buy it as an investment and you are going to drive it. I would think that in 40 years the GO cars will be less availble. Dont know if they are going to be worth millions, but then again thats not why I got my car.

Enjoy the GO vert, they are AWESOME cars!

michael morris

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

NOW THAT ALOT OF EXCITEMENT OF OWNING A GRABBER ORANGE

SHELBY GT500 VERT ARE EASIED. I AM REALLY ENJOYING THE EMENCE POWER INCREASE OVER

MY 03 COBRA.

THE QUESTION THAT I HAVE BEEN ASKING MY SELF IS ; COULD I HAVE GOTTEN A BETTER PRICE ? WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK.

I WAS ABLE TO GET EVERY AVAILIBLE OPTIONS AND ORDERED IT AS A GRABBER ORANGE STRIPE DELETE VERT. ADDITONALLY , ONLY 15 WERE MADE OF THE 160 G.O. VERTS IN 07. ; AND THE POSSIBLE ANTICIPATION OF LESS PRODUCTION FOR GRABBER ORANGE VERTS IN 08 .

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF THE VALUE ON THIS 08 GRABBER ORANGE GT500 VERT COMPARED TO THE OTHER COLORS AND THEIR PRODUCTION NUMBERS AND (VALUE / RARENESS.)

Don't know how many GO Verts are being built for 2008, but as of right now there are only 13 available in the country!

Based on a total 8,000 production number for 08, there are only 25% of that remaining. So I'd say the GO Vert will be very rare compared to most colors.

I REALLY wanted a GO, my daughter begged me to get a vert, I set a limit of MSRP. After months of research, combing dealer websites, ebay, tips from helpful posters (thanks to all of you!) I finally decided that was an impossible combination no matter the option choices. 2k over seems reasonable. As far as future value, honestly I don't care. I think I am glad I didn't get the GO beacause the rarity and emotional attachment to the colr may have tempted me to treat the car more as a museum piece than just a car. A really AWESOME, super fast, heart-racing dream of a car! I actually look forward to going to work in the morning and am disappointed when that I only live 2 miles away.

• 1 month later...
I REALLY wanted a GO, my daughter begged me to get a vert, I set a limit of MSRP. After months of research, combing dealer websites, ebay, tips from helpful posters (thanks to all of you!) I finally decided that was an impossible combination no matter the option choices. 2k over seems reasonable. As far as future value, honestly I don't care. I think I am glad I didn't get the GO beacause the rarity and emotional attachment to the colr may have tempted me to treat the car more as a museum piece than just a car. A really AWESOME, super fast, heart-racing dream of a car! I actually look forward to going to work in the morning and am disappointed when that I only live 2 miles away.

Actually, you only live 2 miles away if you go in the direction of work. You can be as far away as you like, just leave earlier... Turn LEFT, not right!

I'm thinking there's bragging rights in the GO vert. Nice choice, and I wouldn't have any regrets on the price. :happy feet:

• 4 weeks later...

That museum piece issue is a real problem that I relate to. I have 3 performance cars(2 Shelby's and a Viper) and I can't get myself to drive 'em in the rain. That can mean day after day of no driving during rainy season. I hate it....but I hate a chassis full of crud more. Am I the only one?

Anyway- enjoy the vert and don't worry about the 2k....it got you what you want. What did you get for the taxes and registration?? nothing really so feel good about your purchase. Many people paid multiples of 2k....You did fine.

That museum piece issue is a real problem that I relate to. I have 3 performance cars(2 Shelby's and a Viper) and I can't get myself to drive 'em in the rain. That can mean day after day of no driving during rainy season. I hate it....but I hate a chassis full of crud more. Am I the only one?

Do you plan to drive them in your funeral procession? :headscratch:

Don't know how many GO Verts are being built for 2008, but as of right now there are only 13 available in the country!

Based on a total 8,000 production number for 08, there are only 25% of that remaining. So I'd say the GO Vert will be very rare compared to most colors.

Whe will we learn that rare is not always desirable, it is rare becuase people choose NOT to buy that color, it is a nice color but in my opinion there are better choices on that car, .02 enjoy it if you buy it. My opinion is that the Black red stripe car is the best of all of the combos including the KR.

• 1 month later...

Archived